Transfer Rumours/Paper Talk | Page 3 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours/Paper Talk

I do quite enjoy these types of accounts though, I wonder what the creators get out of it?

6,120 Followers... ?

Which amounts to what in real world terms? I get the rumour websites, as they are full of ads and clickbait links which make money for the owner, but as far as I know Twitter don't pay people for being liked. I might understand it if someone was using their personal account, so the number of likes can be a bragging thing amongst friends and family.

Rumour from fri night was that Moore isn’t injured but he’s upset wilder by moving further away to be with his gf no idea how true it is

My info is that he was out with the rest of the lads in London, Saturday night.
He’s never rocked the boat during the last two and a half seasons, so I doubt if he’s suddenly going to start doing it now. :Fingers:

Turkish media are linking us with a move for Domagoj Vida, a Croatian international CB/RB from Besiktas, who is available for around £8.5m. He's a top player from my recollection (he played against England at the World Cup) but he'll be 31 in April, which makes me doubt that we would be interested given our recently policy of younger players. Aston Villa (surprise, surprise) are also said to be interested...

Looks like the media are running with our two permanent signings being Cobbaut and Woolfenden:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10731814/sheff-utd-double-transfer-cobbaut-woolfenden/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/chris-wilder-lines-up-two-21271736

A combined £10m according to The Sun...
I would be happy with these 2 as we are signing quality and potential but i would be more excited if it was a midfielder and striker. Now that Besic has found form and an opportunity it will probably be just a striker (hopefully).

Looks like the media are running with our two permanent signings being Cobbaut and Woolfenden:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10731814/sheff-utd-double-transfer-cobbaut-woolfenden/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/chris-wilder-lines-up-two-21271736

A combined £10m according to The Sun...
Can see these bein close to the mark Woolfenden will be seen to be at least a replacement for jags next season I would imagine or more hopefully challenge for a 1st team berth

Looking at East Anglian media the rumour is a three million quid bid has been put in for Woolfenden, the locals seem to think this is a derisory offer. Is it though ??? considering Harry went for 2.5 million with over 130 senior games under his belt and a couple of spots in the league's team of the season. We even paid a nominal fee for JOC.

QPR are in advanced talks to sign Jack Clarke on loan from Tottenham. Does that mean Eze is on the move ?.
Could be but I hope it's not to us, bit of a showboater can't see how he would fit in. Looks to me like if the going get tough Eze goes missing best left alone in my opinion.

Could be but I hope it's not to us, bit of a showboater can't see how he would fit in. Looks to me like if the going get tough Eze goes missing best left alone in my opinion.
I have the exact opposite opinion. I think Eze has bags of talent and needs to come to SUFC or Palace where he will play regular with a good manager,not warm a bench at Tottenham. I think we need players with pace and better technical skills to take us to the next level. Wilder would make sure he never went missing.

Nowt wrong with a bit of show boating,
Big difference between a show boater playing to the fans, and a billy big bolox.
Best show boater of all was Tony Currie, we've not had one since, and we've not done owt since he left either.

Not much going on at the moment apart from the Star reporting Wilder saying transfer activity is starting to hot up but there will be no leaks or info until the player has signed. Apparently we are prioritising defensive reinforcements.
All sound like the usual duplication of old information from Mr Shields.

Not much going on at the moment apart from the Star reporting Wilder saying transfer activity is starting to hot up but there will be no leaks or info until the player has signed. Apparently we are prioritising defensive reinforcements.
All sound like the usual duplication of old information from Mr Shields.

Shields is just reporting what CW said in his pre-match press conference this morning, so while it is technically not a duplication of old information, nothing much new has been talked about in regards to incomings, except maybe that CW is happy with our forward line-up and isn't looking for a new striker.

According to a guy on S2, Jack Robinson from Forest is having a medical with us. He's a LB/LWB, formally of QPR and linked with us last season. He's offered no evidence, so I would usually ignore it, but given that Luke Freeman is wanted by Forest and hasn't made the bench for the last couple of games, even with McGoldrick injured today, there might be something in it. If true it would mean Osborn becomes Fleck's cover in midfield, with Robinson covering Stevens. Probably just me adding 2 and 2 and getting 5 though...