Transfer Rumours/Paper Talk | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours/Paper Talk

SirRodneyEffing

Vital Squad Member
It's silly season again, and already I have noticed that we are featuring more prominently on the BBC Gossip and Sky Paper Talk pages than we did in the summer. Most of these links will likely be nonsense, but it's worth making a note of them.

We have been linked to Mady Camara again, this time in the Daily Star. We are going to sign him for £17m apparently...

We have also been linked with a loan move for Nice midfielder Adrien Tameze.

Ravel Morrison has been linked with a move to ADO Den Haag.

Also, Ben Heneghan has been linked with Luton, Blackburn and Wigan after a successful loan to Blackpool.

Finally, I have just seen on Sky Sports that we have offered a deal to Jack Rodwell. That one seems the most likely of these.

Not impressed by any of those TBH although dont know too much about Camara and Tameze

Tameze cant get regular football for Nice

And Rodwell has more injury problems than me

Rodwell was too overweight due to thr size of his wallet, might be OK now and worth a punt?

I have been researching Mady Camara, who looks by far and away the better option of any of the above rumours. He sounds like he is very much in the same vein as Wijnaldum, who i thought bossed the midfield last night. He looks like a defensive midfielder who can break play up and gets stuck in but is also technically good on the ball. I thought Norwood panicked last night as Liverpool gave him no time or space and Lundstrum just looked out of his depth.
I hope this rumour is right as this is the type of player we need to give us that extra in midfield.

Last edited:
I have been researching Mady Camara, who looks by far and away the better option of any of the above rumours. He sounds like he is very much in the same vein as Wijnaldum, who i thought bossed the midfield last night. He looks like a defensive midfielder who can break play up and gets stuck in but is also technically good on the ball. I thought Norwood panicked last night as Liverpool gave him no time or space and Lundstrum just looked out of his depth.
I hope this rumour is right as this is the type of player we need to give us that extra in midfield.
We ain't going to pay £17mill in this window.

CW talked about two or three coming in. Rodwell adds another body who can play in the centre of either defence and midfield. So that's one.

Quality cover for the right flank still needed and I expect just like the last three windows CW will bring in another forward. If it's a loan it won't be a PL player with Hendo and Besic taking up the quota.

In other news Pogba for Toni Kroos might be on, Villa have lost Heaton and Wesley to injury for the season and are looking to bring in Butland and Giroud and Chelsea want Ake and Zaha.

The latest paper talk rumour is Billel Omrani, a French born striker of Algerian decent who plays for CFR Cluj in Romania (they knocked Celtic out of the Champions League in the summer.)

I've never heard of him, but a quick google search says that he is 6'2, quick, has scored 35 goals in 121 appearances for Cluj, including 6 in this season's Champions League qualifying and 1 in this season's Europa League. He has represented France at youth international levels, but turned down the chance to play for Algeria. Probably nothing in it...

If we signed Mady Camara or Billel Omrani for the money being quoted I'd seriously consider Wilder's sanity.

These rumours are total bull, anybody with the money being quoted on these players would have Eze, Bowen or Watkins instead

The latest paper talk rumour is Billel Omrani, a French born striker of Algerian decent who plays for CFR Cluj in Romania (they knocked Celtic out of the Champions League in the summer.)

I've never heard of him, but a quick google search says that he is 6'2, quick, has scored 35 goals in 121 appearances for Cluj, including 6 in this season's Champions League qualifying and 1 in this season's Europa League. He has represented France at youth international levels, but turned down the chance to play for Algeria. Probably nothing in it...
Isn't he the one who someone asked CW about over the weekend an he said he knew nowt about it mind you he would say that even if we were in discussions with him

If we signed Mady Camara or Billel Omrani for the money being quoted I'd seriously consider Wilder's sanity.

These rumours are total bull, anybody with the money being quoted on these players would have Eze, Bowen or Watkins instead

What money has been quoted for Omrani? There isn't a figure in the Sun article and I haven't seen anything else around. I agree that these rumours are likely made up though, which is why I called the thread "Transfer Rumours/Paper Talk" in the first place.

Isn't he the one who someone asked CW about over the weekend an he said he knew nowt about it mind you he would say that even if we were in discussions with him

I have no idea, I hadn't heard of him until today.

What money has been quoted for Omrani? There isn't a figure in the Sun article and I haven't seen anything else around. I agree that these rumours are likely made up though, which is why I called the thread "Transfer Rumours/Paper Talk" in the first place.

I have no idea, I hadn't heard of him until today.

Celtic reported to have bid £3 million for Omrani

£17 million reported for Camara

If we are going to spend £20 million in January, which I doubt I'd prefer Eze, Watkins or Bowen,

Celtic reported to have bid £3 million for Omrani

£17 million reported for Camara

If we are going to spend £20 million in January, which I doubt I'd prefer Eze, Watkins or Bowen,

£3m doesn't seem that outrageous a fee for us to pay, although I don't know if it would be value for money or not. I agree that we are unlikely to pay £17m this month, but as I said earlier there might be an opportunity for a loan with a price agreed in the summer. Watkins and Bowen are being quoted at £25m, so there is no chance of those players coming in realistically. Eze at £12m seems a bit more realistic if we are going to spend some money.

£3m doesn't seem that outrageous a fee for us to pay, although I don't know if it would be value for money or not. I agree that we are unlikely to pay £17m this month, but as I said earlier there might be an opportunity for a loan with a price agreed in the summer. Watkins and Bowen are being quoted at £25m, so there is no chance of those players coming in realistically. Eze at £12m seems a bit more realistic if we are going to spend some money.

Watkins, Eze and Bowen have to move, a better club will over a Mars bar and a packet of monster munch.
Bowen is out of contract in the summer so it's better that Hull get £1.5 million for him now, rather than nothing in the summer.
McCabe said so

Watkins, Eze and Bowen have to move, a better club will over a Mars bar and a packet of monster munch.
Bowen is out of contract in the summer so it's better that Hull get £1.5 million for him now, rather than nothing in the summer.
McCabe said so
I’d be amazed if hull havent got the option of an extension sky and other media outlets would be all over it like a rash if they thought he would be available cut price nowts been muted so I think you can move that decimal point to the right as a starting point

I’d be amazed if hull havent got the option of an extension sky and other media outlets would be all over it like a rash if they thought he would be available cut price nowts been muted so I think you can move that decimal point to the right as a starting point

Hull definitely have an option for a further year, it's been confirmed in multiple places. They have also hit some form and got themselves into the play-off race largely down to his goals, so I would expect them to hold out unless they get a stupid offer. Same with Watkins at Brentford.

Steve Bruce, uncharacteristically, was having a moan that he's already been knocked back on a couple of targets this month. Very likely Bowen was one after Newcastle tried to buy him on the cheap.