Transfer rumors | Page 22 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

Just did it based off of the estimated transfer values.

In that side for Lolley to work you would have to take out Salah or Bale!

Bale is still out on loan after his £3.5m transfer to us in 2010.

MoN has decided not to offer him a transfer extension so I doubt we will see him in the garibaldi again.

Zach Clough came with a good reputation and record. I was surprised we went for him because at the time we needed an out and out striker but I wasn’t unhappy that he was signed.

Particularly in his early games he showed flashes of quality but it went pear shaped pretty quickly unfortunately.

Shame really.

Blades want BA...anyone know if we have sell on clause?

Do you honestly think Boro will show a profit on the deal?

They will be desperate to get the fat lazy bastard off of the wage bill.

Undisclosed fee!

Another bumper pay day for him; just goes to show having a good agent is far more important than having the talent.

At Peterborough he was a one in two striker. Similar for us. At Boro he is a one in three but that could be as much due to Pulis as him being lazy.

No idea why any Prem side would be interested in him though, he just doesn’t bring enough to be worth it.

Do you honestly think Boro will show a profit on the deal?

They will be desperate to get the fat lazy bastard off of the wage bill.

Undisclosed fee!

Another bumper pay day for him; just goes to show having a good agent is far more important than having the talent.

Really don't understand the vitriol against BA. Probably the best buy we have made in the last 20 years. Nearly a goal every other game and ten million pounds profit. How many other buys like that have we made ? Ironically the nearest bargain transfer to this (Antonio) was made on the same day. We also have to remember people have different talents. Some people can run around all day like Mo Farah. Others are fast over short distances, or have a football brain, like BA, Earnshaw, Lineker, Greaves etc

Really don't understand the vitriol against BA. Probably the best buy we have made in the last 20 years. Nearly a goal every other game and ten million pounds profit. How many other buys like that have we made ? Ironically the nearest bargain transfer to this (Antonio) was made on the same day. We also have to remember people have different talents. Some people can run around all day like Mo Farah. Others are fast over short distances, or have a football brain, like BA, Earnshaw, Lineker, Greaves etc

spot on...lineker was prime example of right place/right time

as ive got older and fatter its how i play upfront, reading the game and minimum effort

but still 20+ goal man at 43 :)

Lineker and BA are polar opposites. BA has the worst first touch in the history of football. He knows where the goal is but we really had their pants down on that deal. Hes fat and lazy.

I also don’t get the BA hate. Wouldn’t have stayed up had he not got the goals he did. He showed up massively for us against Ipswich on the final day.

I honestly think the injury ruined him. He came back a totally different player. I remember watching him in the psycho season and thought he looked absolutely brilliant. He wasn’t just a scorer, he was very skillful with the ball and was quick and agile.

He came back big and became just a poacher but I think he was wrongfully discredited before that. He’s gone in a similar way to Lukaku actually. Weight has changed both their games.

I didnt like his "God brought me to Middlesbrough" comment when he left us, although on reflection it is funny.

I don't hate hime, and I dont really know anyone who does. He's just not as good as he thinks he is, hes fat and couldnt trap wind