Transfer rumors | Page 324 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

Lets be honest, many women from Nottingham are worse than us, could probably drink 50% of us under the table and knock out the other 50%

Can never forget the night 2 lasses smashed up tipoo while fighting off the staff claiming to be "fooking lawyers"

Think the good women of nottingham are tough enough to speak for themselves

Definitely sound like they went to school in Nottingham!

Think I might have missed something, was never like this in my day.

And it still isn't now. Like any major City it has its fair share of dodgy places with unsavoury clientele. It depends where/who you associate with. Having memories like the ones quoted reflects more on the individual than the place.

And it still isn't now. Like any major City it has its fair share of dodgy places with unsavoury clientele. It depends where/who you associate with. Having memories like the ones quoted reflects more on the individual than the place.

The only English cities outside of London that are the same level of Nottingham's shadiness and level of unsavoury or more are Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool.

Wot u trying to say about radford, polly? ?

An experience like that is had to forget!

Was 25 years ago orf, suspect a certain amount of rose tinted, happy clapping ??

Rose tinted happy clapping takes a bit of beating radford as I suspect you know. Last time I was in the city was 1980 for a few weeks holiday and I found it just as good as I remembered.
I saw Forest for the last game of the season and they were poor!
Down to earth with a bang.
I always remember the city with fondness, loved it.

Nottingham Forest’s Arvin Appiah is understood to be attracting serious interest from Spanish club UD Almeria.

The Spanish second-tier side are believed to be prepared to offer a deal that could be worth as much as £8m for the teenager.

Appiah, 18, has been the subject of plenty of interest from closer to home, with a number of League One sides keen to take the player on loan. And the Championship club could yet decide this is the best path to take for the highly-rated youngster, before the transfer window across Europe and in the lower divisions of the EFL closes on tomorrow.

Almeria are not thought to be the only potential suitors who are willing to put money on the table to secure a permanent deal for the product of the Nigel Doughty Academy. But if the Segunda Division club’s interest does develop into a concrete offer, it could prove to be tempting for Forest.
The initial fee involved in any potential deal is unlikely to be anything close to £8m, but a number of add-on fees and future clauses could take it up to that level.

Almeria have recently been taken over by Saudi Arabian backers, headed up by Turki Al-Sheikh and have the finances in place to make a serious push for promotion to La Liga.

Appiah, while impressing at Forest, finds himself behind Joe Lolley, Sammy Ameobi and Albert Adomah in the pecking order, when it comes to the wide positions.

Brennan Johnson has also moved ahead of him in his development and is considered the next academy prospect ready to make the step up into the first team.

Forest are in no rush to sell though — and could yet stand firm to keep hold of the player.

But they are also well aware that any significant transfer fee would help them work comfortably within FFP limitations for another season and they could be persuaded to do business in the face of any serious offer, for that reason.

The sale of players like Oliver Burke, Ben Brereton and Ben Osborn have helped bolster their cash-flow during an era when Championship clubs are only permitted to make losses of £39m over a rolling three-year period.

Appiah has made three starts and five sub appearances in all competitions for the Reds, scoring on his debut in the EFL Cup at Burton last season.

Would much rather we kept hold of our most promising youngsters but at the potential fee being touted can we afford to say no?

I would expect to see the money reinvested in the squad though.

I assumed this was a loan, which makes sense

Let's assume for a moment that such a deal is probably no more than £4m up front.

That is absolute chicken feed in this day and age. Not worth the risk that he might be worth a lot more later. I would rather gamble the £4m on his value going up.

Really not convinced a move to Spain will be the right move for him either.