Transfer rumors | Page 318 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

My agent is talking with some clubs in Italy and Turkey also. We are waiting for the best offer and then after discussing it, we will try to go there and sign. I hope to find a club as soon as possible.

-Bony

My agent is talking with some clubs in Italy and Turkey also. We are waiting for the best offer and then after discussing it, we will try to go there and sign. I hope to find a club as soon as possible.

-Bony

Presumably the Italian or Turkish clubs will be offering in the region of 20%+ more than we could afford.

Probs £30-40k per week?

A gem from the BBC on Moneyball . Proves that football stats are even more rubbish than I thought !

They bought Sam Byram from West Ham for just £747,000. He was valued at £27.7m by the selling club but is significantly lower for Norwich at £7m. They have still secured a player with Premier League experience for just over 10% of his monetary value though.

A gem from the BBC on Moneyball . Proves that football stats are even more rubbish than I thought !

They bought Sam Byram from West Ham for just £747,000. He was valued at £27.7m by the selling club but is significantly lower for Norwich at £7m. They have still secured a player with Premier League experience for just over 10% of his monetary value though.

So a player who was into the last year of his contract was calculated to be worth 27.7m by the selling club and 7m by the purchasing club.

To start with, there has to be something fundamentally wrong with a system that calculates a 20m variance, never mind the fact that there is no allowance for length of time remaining on contract.

Does not come across as a very reliable system.

So a player who was into the last year of his contract was calculated to be worth 27.7m by the selling club and 7m by the purchasing club.

To start with, there has to be something fundamentally wrong with a system that calculates a 20m variance, never mind the fact that there is no allowance for length of time remaining on contract.

Does not come across as a very reliable system.

Should be interesting to see how the Football Radar system works at Notts County

So here's our options then (although some are very close to signing for other clubs):

Mario Balotelli - LOL
Daniel Sturridge - 60k
Fernando Llorente - probs 50k+
Wilfried Bony - probs 40k - but played for SL before
Benjamin Moukandjo - probs 25k+
Seydou Doumbia - probs 25k+ - played for SL before
Gary Hooper - probs 25k - been linked before
Nikos Karelis - probs 25k - been linked before

Not really sure if any of the above are up for it but possibly worth seeing if we could afford any apart from the top three on the list as I'm not feeling confident with our cover.

Should be interesting to see how the Football Radar system works at Notts County

I have looked into what they do.

From what I can see it is a service specifically for Bookmakers; they provide data from which the odds are calculated.

It looks like the mathematics of the stingy odds on offer is not sufficient for the greedy bastards, they need bigger and better angles.

So here's our options then (although some are very close to signing for other clubs):

Mario Balotelli - LOL
Daniel Sturridge - 60k
Fernando Llorente - probs 50k+
Wilfried Bony - probs 40k - but played for SL before
Benjamin Moukandjo - probs 25k+
Seydou Doumbia - probs 25k+ - played for SL before
Gary Hooper - probs 25k - been linked before
Nikos Karelis - probs 25k - been linked before

Not really sure if any of the above are up for it but possibly worth seeing if we could afford any apart from the top three on the list as I'm not feeling confident with our cover.

Doumbia is shit hot on FIFA 15. Get him in!!!!

Doumbia is shit hot on FIFA 15. Get him in!!!!

Have any of our other players ever been shit hot on FIFA?

I would guess Antonio would have been quite decent due to size, strength and pace as that does seem to help massively with FIFA.

Perhaps we should do our scouting on FIFA as the main attributes that most people associate (on here at least) with success in the Championship are size, strength and pace.

I doubt we could do much worse than we historically have done.