Transfer rumors | Page 18 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

am i right in thinking that if you go up then you dont have to answer to EFL ffp issues until you come down?

I am sure that the prem league doesnt enforce anything from the EFL...it happened before

If you go up you get a fine as the EPL wont enforce a transfer ban. They could of course refuse to pay the fine as not under FL jurisdiction, but if they refuse to pay and get relegated from the premiership the football league could royally fúck them up on the way back down.

am i right in thinking that if you go up then you dont have to answer to EFL ffp issues until you come down?

I am sure that the prem league doesnt enforce anything from the EFL...it happened before
That’s my understanding and why QPR initially refused to engage.

Bournemouth quietly settled up with the EFL and apparently got a deal for doing so and I believe other clubs did similar.

If the reports are true about Villa’s owners I would expect them to do the same if necessary.

If you go up you get a fine as the EPL wont enforce a transfer ban. They could of course refuse to pay the fine as not under FL jurisdiction, but if they refuse to pay and get relegated from the premiership the football league could royally fúck them up on the way back down.

No!

The PL now work with the EFL to punish clubs who infringe the laws in place.

An agreement was reached after the QPR fiasco.

Clubs have had to adjust their financial reporting so that the EFL can decide if the laws have been broken prior to the season ending; this will catch the majority of transgressors while they still operate under EFL control.

The problem arises when it becomes evident that a team has broken the laws after they have been promoted; a likely scenario if Villa get promoted.

Villa's financial year end is 31st May, meaning they have to submit their accounts next February by which time they could be playing in the PL; if it becomes clear they have broken the rules, a punishment will be imposed and the PL will enforce it.

We have not had an instance of this occurring since the two Leagues started working together, so it will be interesting to see how things pan out.

I missed this. Have you any more facts Mao. I imagine the PL will be happy enforcing financial penalties but not points. Villa will have an advantage even if fined £100M. Cheats prosper in EFL. EM and Randall take note. Gibson at Boro will continue to voice his dissatisfaction as both Villa and Derby are on his to be watched list.

That’s my understanding and why QPR initially refused to engage.

Bournemouth quietly settled up with the EFL and apparently got a deal for doing so and I believe other clubs did similar.

If the reports are true about Villa’s owners I would expect them to do the same if necessary.

Bournemouth, like Leicester, appealed the original EFL decision; that is the right of every Club.

The fines levied at that time, were based on set criteria relating to the extent of the breach; if Club A overspent by 10m they would get fined X and if they overspent by 15m they would get fined Y - I cannot remember the exact figures involved.

In both instances the original fines levied were reduced after the appeal; both Clubs successfully displayed that certain amounts of their overspend should be allotted to infrastructure and Academy spend so the fines were reduced accordingly.

It did not stop the half wits and morons, who cannot get their heads around the rules, to claim preferential treatment at the time.

QPR was a totally different kettle of fish; they just refused to pay thinking they were untouchable.

I missed this. Have you any more facts Mao. I imagine the PL will be happy enforcing financial penalties but not points. Villa will have an advantage even if fined £100M. Cheats prosper in EFL. EM and Randall take note. Gibson at Boro will continue to voice his dissatisfaction as both Villa and Derby are on his to be watched list.

"Cheats prosper" yes, and ignorance is total fucking bliss.

I suppose Gibson being pissed off is the only proof the EFL should need when enforcing punishments; didnt Boro also claim we had a 100m advantage over them this season?

What you are overlooking is the fact that if certain Clubs are cheating its not just other Clubs and the EFL they are fucking over; P & S is based totally on individual Club accounts.

Accounting is governed by the Financial regulator and to a lesser extent HMRC; any Club found transgressing accounting laws face much stiffer penalties than those handed out by the EFL, and they will not give two fucks what League the Clubs will be playing in.

From FFP explained - a copy of which was pinned for reference

"This season (2016/17), new ‘Profitability and Sustainability’ rules operate in the Championship; for the first time, clubs will be assessed over 3 seasons (rather than just a single season). This change brings the Championship clubs into alignment with the Premier League – both have ‘Profit and Sustainability’ rules that are now fully aligned. Crucially, this harmonisation of the rules comes with the blessing of the Premier League"

Cheats prosper at every level of society in every walk of life in every country in the world.

I think hes top (unsurprisingly) for taking high balls.

You have to rembember his game was never about kicking. Kicking is what fans give him a hard time about.

I dont think he deserves to lose the ~1 shirt and its about time our fans got behind the team in difficult times instead of booing the scapegoat like they did Pantilimon.

20 years out of the EPL won't change if we don't do our bit, and its about what we do when we turn up.

Don’t often agree with you but this is spot on. We’re too quick to moan and blame. We should get behind the guys and smear positive vibes over them rather than our own shit

Bournemouth, like Leicester, appealed the original EFL decision; that is the right of every Club.

The fines levied at that time, were based on set criteria relating to the extent of the breach; if Club A overspent by 10m they would get fined X and if they overspent by 15m they would get fined Y - I cannot remember the exact figures involved.

In both instances the original fines levied were reduced after the appeal; both Clubs successfully displayed that certain amounts of their overspend should be allotted to infrastructure and Academy spend so the fines were reduced accordingly.

It did not stop the half wits and morons, who cannot get their heads around the rules, to claim preferential treatment at the time.

QPR was a totally different kettle of fish; they just refused to pay thinking they were untouchable.
I knew that Bournemouth had done it quietly and the report I read said they had done a deal.

Personally I don’t have a problem with clubs discussing it with the EFL as well as appealing amounts if necessary.

Bournemouth and Leicester did what they had to do to resolve the issue and then paid up. QPR were idiots and have effectively screwed the next five to ten years of their future.

Scrub one target.

Gavin Massey was out of contract and we were reportedly interested, but he has signed a new two year contract and commited his future to Wigan