Transfer rumors | Page 17 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

Hughton could do well at West Brom but the club promised a number of the players that they would be allowed to move if they didn’t get promoted so there could be quite a rebuild there.

If that's the case, then that's one promotion slot taken for next season then.

Not that that's something that should be of any remote interest to us though.
Not so sure.

Good manager but he has tended to go places that are able to add to the squad rather than, as Basha points out, having to cut as west Brom will be

Will they still have Gayle, Phillips and Rodriguez?

Not so sure.

Good manager but he has tended to go places that are able to add to the squad rather than, as Basha points out, having to cut as west Brom will be

Will they still have Gayle, Phillips and Rodriguez?

I'm sure Newcastle will cut a deal for Gayle to get Rondon.

Apart from that, even if they lose a couple of players, they are still good enough to go up under a coach with Hughton's track record.

Asmir Begovic being linked in the Post- Bournemouth keeper for anyone who didn't know.

I have no problem with Pantillimon but Begovic is a very good keeper

I'm sure Newcastle will cut a deal for Gayle to get Rondon.

Apart from that, even if they lose a couple of players, they are still good enough to go up under a coach with Hughton's track record.
I'm sure selling Rondon won't be a problem but can they afford a)to commit to Gayle's wages for a long contract and b) to forgo a fee for Rondon to get him or c) beat any PL competition for his signature, as the player may have other ideas

Philips, Rodriguez, possibly Brunt and Dawson could all get decent fees as could Rondon if they don’t just swap him for Gayle.

Albion don’t have any real FFP issues either particularly if they jettison some of the higher earners so lots of money to reinvest along with the parachute payments.

Would be delighted if we got Begovic but not getting my hopes up.

I'd be delighted with Begovic. Think we could do better than Pants.

Can't see Begovic signing due to the money being mentioned though.

Pantilimon really does get a raw deal. Its completely unfair.

Maybe I am a bit harsh on Pantilimon. He actually kept the 4th most clean sheets in the division this season. That's decent, especially given all the different centre-half partnerships he's played behind - Fox, Figueiredo, Wague, Milosevic, Robinson, Dawson, Benalouane, and Hefele. :hmmm:

kd92k3.jpg

Pantillimon also has some of the best stats for goals conceded compared to shots faced.

Problem is he has the odd clanger in him which people tend to remember

I think hes top (unsurprisingly) for taking high balls.

You have to rembember his game was never about kicking. Kicking is what fans give him a hard time about.

I dont think he deserves to lose the ~1 shirt and its about time our fans got behind the team in difficult times instead of booing the scapegoat like they did Pantilimon.

20 years out of the EPL won't change if we don't do our bit, and its about what we do when we turn up.

I think hes top (unsurprisingly) for taking high balls.

You have to rembember his game was never about kicking. Kicking is what fans give him a hard time about.

I dont think he deserves to lose the ~1 shirt and its about time our fans got behind the team in difficult times instead of booing the scapegoat like they did Pantilimon.

20 years out of the EPL won't change if we don't do our bit, and its about what we do when we turn up.

That's rich coming from you considering how many times you've broken the amnesty you sick freaky ***t

If they go up I expect their owners to quietly pay the EFL off for overspending and go on their merry way.

If they don’t go up it won’t be anywhere near as quiet and you could expect to see Grealish and McGinn sold just for starters.

Ironically if you look at their net transfer spend they are within their limits (just) over 3 years.

The problem is they have a horrendous wage bill which is only reducing incrementally as player contracts end and the good Dr Xia gambled and lost when he spent £77m on new players.

am i right in thinking that if you go up then you dont have to answer to EFL ffp issues until you come down?

I am sure that the prem league doesnt enforce anything from the EFL...it happened before