Transfer Fees | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transfer Fees

I cannot wrap my head around how this would ever become a thing. How would clubs protect their "investment" if transfer fee's weren't a thing? I don't watch any American sport so I'm not familiar with other systems.

Matic - 21/8/2017 12:42

I cannot wrap my head around how this would ever become a thing. How would clubs protect their "investment" if transfer fee's weren't a thing? I don't watch any American sport so I'm not familiar with other systems.

The capital invested and deployed in player assets is so vast world wide that the whole idea is a non-starter; there is no way to regulate it out of existence nor would it be a particular business benefit as all that would happen to compensate is that player deals would become galatic as opposed to just fcuking mental, and the moment you tried, you'd force huge clubs into administration and even bankruptcy.

It's a cute nice folksy warm fuzzy the World can be a wonderful place idea, typical of a Canadian. :17:

Y'all are a little naive. And for the record, Canadian Spur thinks I'm way off base as well.

Many a seer of the future has been called a crazy heretic in the past.

Spursex - 21/8/2017 13:04

The capital invested and deployed in player assets is so vast world wide that the whole idea is a non-starter; there is no way to regulate it out of existence nor would it be a particular business benefit as all that would happen to compensate is that player deals would become galatic as opposed to just fcuking mental, and the moment you tried, you'd force huge clubs into administration and even bankruptcy.

It's a cute nice folksy warm fuzzy the World can be a wonderful place idea, typical of a Canadian. :17:

Haha I do agree with your thoughts, and Levy has said it himself, this current trend cannot continue for long. It just can't. Last season the most expensive player in the world was £85m but this season it's £198m. A release clause Barcelona thought nobody would activate wasn't even safe from the insanity we're witnessing.

Excuse my rather inferior business/financial brain, are you suggesting the money from transfer fee's is regulated out of existence by funnelling more money into wages?

Matic - 21/8/2017 13:24

Spursex - 21/8/2017 13:04

Haha I do agree with your thoughts, and Levy has said it himself, this current trend cannot continue for long. It just can't. Last season the most expensive player in the world was £85m but this season it's £198m. A release clause Barcelona thought nobody would activate wasn't even safe from the insanity we're witnessing.

Excuse my rather inferior business/financial brain, are you suggesting the money from transfer fee's is regulated out of existence by funnelling more money into wages?

The transfer landscape has changed; agents now see vast riches coming their way by now asking for and getting huge fees for themselves as part of a transfer/signing on deal.

So assuming players had 'just' a contract of employment say with the maximum notice period that would be reasonable (say 12 months) - it doesn't take much imagination to see that transfer fees currently paid club to club would simply be absorbed into spiralling signing on fees and ridiuclous wages....

My agent contacts are already skipping about like everyday is xmas, they'd all be behaving like they're on crack everyday, if this ever happened.

FIFA have thrown their hand in on professinalising and registering agents because of the legal implications across the World (they legally became insurmountable) - so how anyone thinks they could regulate transfer fees is beyond my imagination?!

IN the meantime club after club throughout every league would disinvest itself of academies and lower league clubs would go bust as they were no longer sustainable - and the same would happen to less rich leagues around the World...

Sorry, the idea is unworkable, even if it is a 'nice' one.

80deg16minW - 21/8/2017 13:10

Y'all are a little naive. And for the record, Canadian Spur thinks I'm way off base as well.

That's because Canadian Spur comes from a proper part of Canada. :10:

Spursex - 21/8/2017 13:48

If you lived out there for 3 weeks you'd go mental.

80deg16minW - 21/8/2017 14:07

Spursex - 21/8/2017 13:48

If you lived out there for 3 weeks you'd go mental.

Every day I wish that I was born Canadian.

There really isn't a bad part in this country except for Toronto. Which was fantastic in my 20s.

And we managed to get rid of tobacco quotas in the farming industry so we are capable of getting rid of transfer fees.

80deg16minW - 21/8/2017 14:27

And we managed to get rid of tobacco quotas in the farming industry so we are capable of getting rid of transfer fees.

In Canada you maybe could, outside of your home country, the World of football, or at least the business end of it would be getting out the white jacket and the constraints.