Transfer deadline day | Page 3 | Vital Football

Transfer deadline day

Anyone else given up hope? I know there’s still time, but given our record on deadline day I think we might be disappointed

Agreed I doubt for one second it’s through lack effort but once 17:00 hit I just couldn’t see anything happening.

Still hope I am wrong

Hopefully the club will do similar to a few seasons back when when we announced a flurry of signings late on.:party:

Anyone else given up hope? I know there’s still time, but given our record on deadline day I think we might be disappointed
I believe we will get in someone the big spend has to be up front. So it would be somewhat daft to spend funds on other positions first.If the Walsh deal had to go through before we moved for the striker we wanted that wasn't that long ago.i would guess offers have been made Like Steve Evans we have to be patient. No point in getting anyone who is not better that Akindie and Olivier.

I believe we will get in someone the big spend has to be up front. So it would be somewhat daft to spend funds on other positions first.If the Walsh deal had to go through before we moved for the striker we wanted that wasn't that long ago.i would guess offers have been made Like Steve Evans we have to be patient. No point in getting anyone who is not better that Akindie and Olivier.
Finding better then Akinde? finding worse might be more difficult.

Marcus Maddison to Bolton ?
That’s a drop for a big name.
Still only 27 but it looks all over if league two is all he can get.
I thought he’d end up at least in the championship.

I doubt very much that the club would look to raise supporters hopes just to piss them off.
I think it is more likely that when Evans said he wanted three in, he actually wanted three in.
Don’t miss an opportunity to bash the club though eh.
This is about SE not Scally. SE says things but i'm not sure he is genuine.

Finding better then Akinde? finding worse might be more difficult.
I don't rate Akindie that highly but possibly as many as half of our strikers have not been as good as Akindie. So yes I do believe it is possible to sign worse especially with a very limited budget in the January transfer window.

I doubt very much that the club would look to raise supporters hopes just to piss them off.
I think it is more likely that when Evans said he wanted three in, he actually wanted three in.
Don’t miss an opportunity to bash the club though eh.
I love the way some fans are always making up whole fabrications of the truth in their own heads. They literally don't believe anyone at the club is ever truthful. The storyline going on in their heads must be far more exciting than the actual reality.