Transfer deadline day | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transfer deadline day

Captainreblue

Vital Squad Member
The longer it goes the less likely it becomes of us signing anybody IMO but while there's still time there's still hope.

Agree we might have a very pissed off SE (certainly behind closed doors) if we don't get anyone in.

Vambogills

Vital 1st Team Regular
Twitter is quiet apart from Gills fans begging the club for an 'Incoming!' post.
A few hours left. Let's hope the phones are busy.

SteveTreacle

Vital Squad Member
To be honest, I'd like to get players that fit the bill of one or more of Evans' proposed in-coming transfers/loans, but I'll be more than happy to see no inward action if we can keep our key players - particularly Graham, Dempsey, Tucker and Ogilvie.

EagerExile

Vital Reserves Team
Twitter talk that we're vying with Plymouth to sign Bristol City midfielder James Morton on loan. His record doesn't exactly excite...

SteveTreacle

Vital Squad Member
Is he out of contract in the summer ? Might be worth sounding him out on whether he would consider a new deal. If not then at what price would you say yes? £500K ? 400K? 300K?
It all depends on whether we've got a replacement lined up. If we haven't got a quality replacement lined up (and given Graham's showing this season, he'd have to be bloody good), I don't think we should consider anything other than a ridiculous offer.

Gills93

Vital Reserves Team
Anyone else given up hope? I know there’s still time, but given our record on deadline day I think we might be disappointed