Transfer deadline day | Vital Football

Transfer deadline day

PhilK66

Vital 1st Team Regular
Does it end tonight or Monday night?

Haven't picked up on any rumours anywhere. See that Shrewsbury hope to sign Griggs. I doubt that we are in a position to sign that level of player.

Its tomorrow 1st Feb....Transfer window shuts at 11pm

Evans reiterated the need to strengthen yesterday, unusual for any business to be concluded on a Sunday but I really hope we’re not left disappointed tomorrow, the first eleven is starting to show real promise and with some quality additions we could have a strong finish to the season.

Evans reiterated the need to strengthen yesterday, unusual for any business to be concluded on a Sunday but I really hope we’re not left disappointed tomorrow, the first eleven is starting to show real promise and with some quality additions we could have a strong finish to the season.

There seems to have been a few deals announced so far today on twitter. I think there may be some activity. Even if we maybe don’t announce any until tomorrow.

Ex- Gills keeper Joe Lumley may move clubs today. Nottingham Forrest tried to get him in on loan this morning, but QPR said no and alluded to him being sold today. Not suggesting that we could afford him , btw.

We brought in Liam Nash, who was certainly a prolific striker on his day, but unfortunately that didn't work out - which was a pity because I thought it was a good move. That is not to say there are not hidden gems lurking around the lower leagues (Vardy is one, Danny Kedwell another we initially missed out on) we just never seem to find them.

As the Southern Counties East League aren’t playing at the moment and probably not again this season what about Dan Bradshaw from Chatham Town on loan! Prolific goalscorer!

Presumably he's part time so a gamble on his part to give up his job to try to earn a pro contract.

No real risk for us. Invite him in to train and see if he could have it.

Massive step up though. I've never seen him play. Has anyone ?

Presumably he's part time so a gamble on his part to give up his job to try to earn a pro contract.

No real risk for us. Invite him in to train and see if he could have it.

Massive step up though. I've never seen him play. Has anyone ?

When they were playing I watched loads of Chatham’s games on facebook live! I like him...scored loads at Sheppey before he moved to Chatham! Very good point regarding being part time and working!

Max Watters has just been signed by Cardiff for a reported £1 million, having played non-league as low as Ashford United in the 7th or 8th tier, as well as the Squatters.

Depends on how good your scouting network is, I suppose.