Transfer Business | Vital Football

Transfer Business

redderthanred

Vital Reserves Team
I'm sure a few weeks ago Karanka made a statement saying that he wanted his business done early with the majority completed before the World Cup started!!!!

At present we've only seen one incoming player arrive and no-one on the way out other than Cohen - Hobbs & Vaughan (all with injury problems) that were released plus the loans that returned to their clubs. I expected some of the loanees to have been tied up pretty quickly after the season finished - Pants - Tomlin - Figueiredo but again nothing.

We have a host off players that also need shipping out or needing to find other clubs but without going through all the suspects we have no official word on anyone and that includes all the names being banded about of those that suppose to be arriving.

Sorry to anyone that I might be boring but it is frustrating the hell out of me with nothing happening with either In's or Out's - It may be happening behind the scenes but I'm getting a bit tetchy right now. With the possibility of the 10 that are supposedly coming in and the amount being shipped out there must be around 24/25 players involved so you would think something should be happening soon. :yawning: Rant Over.

Circumstances.

Pantillimon transfer appears to have been partly hijacked by others. That makes it more difficult.

Fig is done already guarenteed. There will presumably be a date agreed in the original loan at which we pay and make that official. We have already passed the appearance threshold to buy him though.

Two Portuguese lads are pretty much done and medicals are next week. A £13m transfer, out first ever, can't be done in a couple of days.

With those two coming I'm not sure how Tomlin even fits into the squad?

Wages for Colback were always likely to be a problem and I'm sure there are some negotiations going on.

We are nearly there with Max Clarke for left back, although I think that's a mistake.

Striker was never going to be done quickly. Soudani sounds nearly done but the 'main' striker is going to be an all summer job. If its Marriott then you know Posh will hold on as long as they can for an auction. If its Grabban he will do the same with wages.

My main concern is at fullback- no effort yet to replace Darikwa and Clarke sounds dubious to me

Feel sure it's all in hand.
Hope so mate - I'ts normally me at this time of year telling everyone to be patient but Kranky did tell us that he wanted the majority of his work done before the World Cup came round.

This is the first time in a long time that I've been so optimistic - We seem to have a good owner supporting the manager - he has the right people in the right jobs to take us forward and with everything else that's taking place & shape I am getting quite excited which has led me to getting that little bit impatient - I know it's coming together quite nicely - thus my anxiety.

I was under the impression players contracts run to the end of June, so whilst we might have deals in place they are within the contract rights to remain until end of June. Thus they get paid from the selling club, bonuses etc. and then join us.
Depends on the negotiations with the selling club, player and agent of course.
Plus the selling club has a chance to organise replacements etc.
Just being positive!

Hope so mate - I'ts normally me at this time of year telling everyone to be patient but Kranky did tell us that he wanted the majority of his work done before the World Cup came round.

This is the first time in a long time that I've been so optimistic - We seem to have a good owner supporting the manager - he has the right people in the right jobs to take us forward and with everything else that's taking place & shape I am getting quite excited which has led me to getting that little bit impatient - I know it's coming together quite nicely - thus my anxiety.

Know the feeling. I think that he's already done the majority of the work he talks about, that's all the preliminary stuff involved, and that all the final bits and pieces will follow as a matter of course.
Even so I'll be much happier when the striker position is resolved.

AK can say he wants to get his business done early but the market isn’t always that simple. Some clubs will need to sell before they buy but others won’t sell until they have a replacement either in or at least lined up.

Historically most business appears to get done in the last month of the window and I don’t think that will change this time around.

With Dawson in and the two Portuguese, Clark and potentially Soudani ‘imminent’ we are already well on the way I would say.

These things always take time and generally drag on throughout the summer, with clubs and agents hanging on for the best possible deals.
As to the loanees, do we really want to be signing all of these? Do we want the same team as last year? I'd question that in all honesty.
I'd take Fig, which I was under the impression was already done? But as for the rest, no thanks really. The second half of the season was marginally worse than the first, so don't really want to see them all coming back.
Big question marks over Soudani as well, a 30 year old playing in the Croatian league, whose only other suitors appear to be China? How good can he be?

Soudani has just won player of the year in Croatia. Whatever you think of the Croatian League, Zagreb are a decent side and winning player of the year as a striker in any league isn't to be sniffed at

I don't know Pope, I doubt it's any better than the Scottish league in all honesty and look what most people thought about us signing Scottish players.
I have my doubts, especially as no one else seems to be interested apart from China.
However, in all honesty I don't know much about him, so hopefully he has the qualities needed for this league.

I don't know Pope, I doubt it's any better than the Scottish league in all honesty and look what most people thought about us signing Scottish players.
I have my doubts, especially as no one else seems to be interested apart from China.
However, in all honesty I don't know much about him, so hopefully he has the qualities needed for this league.

I would happily sign whoever was the player of the year in Scotland.

But Soudani's record is pretty damn good although you can never be sure from anywhere abroad.

He has 13 in 46 in European competitions, which is not far off one in three. That's bloody good in a side that are never likely to be top dogs in either the CL or EL.

He has hit double figures in 9 of his 13 seasons and each of his last 6. His record goes across three different leagues including the Portuguese. He has scored 17 in the last two seasons.

No guarentees at all but this guy has pedigree in Europe and elsewhere and at 2m and with experience you might well say he is a much better value gamble than Marriott, though without the potential sell on value

You need to check Croatian national team and will know the quality of Croatian players

Modric, Mandzukic, Rakitic, Lovren, Kovacic and Perisic; all good players that would walk into the England side

If Soudani would rather be playing with us,as rumours suggest, when he could go to China and likely be paid a lot more then that would show a good attitude of someone wanting to prove themself.That is encouraging and would be good enough for me.