Tranmere.. no slip ups please Pompey.. | Vital Football

Tranmere.. no slip ups please Pompey..

cornypomp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Why is it I always get an uneasy feeling when Pompey are flying high and are due to meet a team struggling at the foot of the table, who are unable to put a string of results together.

Why.. because its Pompey of course, and I've seen us come unstuck so many times in the past in similar situations. The dreaded last minute goal syndrome.

However, today I'm going to do my very best to remain positive, and put all of the above feelings to the sword, and Tranmere with it.. PUP-PPU.. :clap::thumbup:

Well doing ok so far after a bit of early pressure from Tranmere. Raggett on 13 minutes assisted by that top drawer winger Ronan Curtis. Another before the break would be most welcome to put Corny at ease..

We are going to have to pull our socks up a bit in the second half. Tranmere are not going to let us off lightly. They are having a go, and the stats back that up.

Well my wished for 2nd is there from Mr Williams, and again Ronan Curtis was the provider. One more Pompey and I won't have to gulp my cup of Earl Grey tea.. :grinning:

Last edited:
We're under a bit of sustained pressure at the moment from Tranmere. We've got to weather this.. On 70 minutes.

2-0.. that's good enough for me, from what I can judge, a hard fought game on a mare of a pitch. Heavy going. There'll be some tired legs tonight. Still a clean sheet, another win away to our credit, and we're in there pushing with two games in hand. I'm pretty satisfied today.. :clap::thumbup:

Last edited: