Training under slav | Page 2 | Vital Football

Training under slav

There's one bad oeuf I'm looking forward to seeing the back of, hopefully in January.

We've had Moose for two and half years and he still can't last longer than two thirds of a game. There's something seriously wrong there.

Billy with an amazing admission about training under slav accusing some of not putting the effort in and yes he was right to point it out to the man in charge but as captain he is the charge hand on the shop floor and should be having a word himself (he may have done this but the statement suggests to me he didn’t)
anyway I think anyone slacking under this regime will soon find themselves out in the cold

If i remember correctly Billy slammed the squads performances after Nigel Adkins got the sack,rightly so in my opinion as well.There's no doubt our Billy loves our club and like most of us fans thinks/knows we should be doing a lot better than we've done so far this season. UTB

If i remember correctly Billy slammed the squads performances after Nigel Adkins got the sack,rightly so in my opinion as well.There's no doubt our Billy loves our club and like most of us fans thinks/knows we should be doing a lot better than we've done so far this season. UTB

I love the fact Billy is calling the players out - reinforces what a top footballer he is. We are so lucky to have him.
Also noticed on the Behind the Blades film that Baldock is very much around and part of the squad - doesn't look like he is sulking despite having lost his place - good for him.

Yep it does seem it's down to individuals. That said, why wasn't anything done about it? He was a top rated manager and had a vastly experienced coaching team so how did the slackers get away with it? I think there's more to come of this although maybe not anytime soon.

Between what we see on the pitch and those behind the scenes videos we can have a good guess as to who Billy's talking about.

Just watch all the interactions in this video. Some players larking about, some players looking like they'd rather be anywhere else, cliques and Billy looking pissed off with it all.

Brewster's an absolute child and so is Mousset.

If I had to list the likely problems I'd have a pop at the following:

Brewster
Mousset
Bogle
McPub
Freeman
Gibbs-White

Lazy, childish products of 'the culture'.

You'll have the children fucking about and those who are more professional becoming increasingly disillusioned.

Freeman's more mature but surely doesn't want to be here and his prolonged absences suggest a lack of application in training and generally.

What I'd like is for someone to name names. Someone should carefully leak details.

Then the fans (if they can be arsed) need to absolutely hound them until they start acting like professionals.

At least Billy cares but what we could really do with is a Roy Keane or Chris Morgan type who actually won't tolerate piss taking from his team mates.

Get a couple like that and we'd be significantly better off immediately.

At least Billy cares but what we could really do with is a Roy Keane or Chris Morgan type who actually won't tolerate piss taking from his team mates.

Get a couple like that and we'd be significantly better off immediately.

So what accounts for the complete shitshow during Wilders last season?

The rot started during the first lockdown. The players were over trained, Prestridges fault and CW got frustrated with some of the performances post restart culminating in him publicly lambasting them following a 2-0 loss away to Leicester where he called them League 1 players. Some of the precious dears took exception to this and there were reports of players siding with Mousset subsequently when CW called him out for going home to France.

We move to the start of 2020/21 season and CW has the hump on about the training ground not being updated and pre season is a mess. We look lethargic against Wolves and Lundstram starts the rot. Next game against Villa the back room team ,some who've got the hump on themselves about not getting pay rises, fail to tell the players that Berge is the penalty taker Lundstram takes it misses we lose and CW goes ballistic with his staff. It deteriorates from there with players seeing the disharmony dropping standards.

Reports of CW not attending some training sessions during his dispute with the Board only add to the holiday camp atmosphere as Knill tries to play peacemaker and keep the ball rolling.

Playing matches in a training ground atmosphere doesn't help but the lack of effort on the pitch is visible for all to see. CW goes AK is sidelined PH comes in and standards drop even further as Leicester spank us 5-0. CW leaves because he can't get anymore out of the players. The same players who he has raised up to heights over the last 4 years they could have never imagined.

There is little sign of improvement under PH as players go through the motions and improve their stats slightly by beating Burnley who are on the beach in the last game of the season. The players seem oblivious to the fact that they have achieved the second worst overall record in EPL history or that their captain a Blade through and through was reduced to tears after the Leicester spanking citing some players showing a lack of effort on the training ground. A lack of effort that is to become a reoccurring theme.

SJ comes through the door with the promise of an EPL squad. He soon realises he has players who are technically not gifted enough to play his system. References are made to some players needing to grow up and not giving 100%. His desire to rebuild is rebuffed by the Board who don't have the money and he goes. The same group of players are again called out by the captain for not doing enough on the training ground.

Whats the common denominator in all this - the players, not the managers, not the systems probably not the training either. Yet the Board believe appointing a new manager will solve it all. History suggests it won't until there is a cull of the bad influences. PH already has enough to do to improve results without having to deal with off field politics. Wheres a quality Sporting Director when you need one?

The rot started during the first lockdown. The players were over trained, Prestridges fault and CW got frustrated with some of the performances post restart culminating in him publicly lambasting them following a 2-0 loss away to Leicester where he called them League 1 players. Some of the precious dears took exception to this and there were reports of players siding with Mousset subsequently when CW called him out for going home to France.

We move to the start of 2020/21 season and CW has the hump on about the training ground not being updated and pre season is a mess. We look lethargic against Wolves and Lundstram starts the rot. Next game against Villa the back room team ,some who've got the hump on themselves about not getting pay rises, fail to tell the players that Berge is the penalty taker Lundstram takes it misses we lose and CW goes ballistic with his staff. It deteriorates from there with players seeing the disharmony dropping standards.

Reports of CW not attending some training sessions during his dispute with the Board only add to the holiday camp atmosphere as Knill tries to play peacemaker and keep the ball rolling.

Playing matches in a training ground atmosphere doesn't help but the lack of effort on the pitch is visible for all to see. CW goes AK is sidelined PH comes in and standards drop even further as Leicester spank us 5-0. CW leaves because he can't get anymore out of the players. The same players who he has raised up to heights over the last 4 years they could have never imagined.

There is little sign of improvement under PH as players go through the motions and improve their stats slightly by beating Burnley who are on the beach in the last game of the season. The players seem oblivious to the fact that they have achieved the second worst overall record in EPL history or that their captain a Blade through and through was reduced to tears after the Leicester spanking citing some players showing a lack of effort on the training ground. A lack of effort that is to become a reoccurring theme.

SJ comes through the door with the promise of an EPL squad. He soon realises he has players who are technically not gifted enough to play his system. References are made to some players needing to grow up and not giving 100%. His desire to rebuild is rebuffed by the Board who don't have the money and he goes. The same group of players are again called out by the captain for not doing enough on the training ground.

Whats the common denominator in all this - the players, not the managers, not the systems probably not the training either. Yet the Board believe appointing a new manager will solve it all. History suggests it won't until there is a cull of the bad influences. PH already has enough to do to improve results without having to deal with off field politics. Wheres a quality Sporting Director when you need one?
Please change your name to Shortandsweet mate :yes:

If only we could have words from CW to compare.

Many things. But I don't think the players were taking the piss like they are now.
They didn't look like they'd been taking the piss on Sunday but one swallow...If it was just down to seeing a couple of new faces in the coaching team they'll revert to type and results will go south again. If not we could end up going on a good run even into the play offs because this division is in the main is full of absolute shite. It's as bad as i've ever known it.

If only we could have words from CW to compare.

I'd like to hear from CW and SJ but it doesn't look likely anytime soon. So we move on and speculate on our decline, maybe Hecky can deliver what CW did.

Is the Championship shite or competitive, whichever it is 34 points have evaporated into the clouds.

If the spark that was there, within the Group, can be reignited then there is a light at the end of the tunnel.......The issue may be keeping it there as the squad personnel changes.

Did CW say that or he had taken this group of players as far as he could. My opinion has always been players and managers have a ceiling and we reached ours after lockdown. Only speculating but I think CW believed the squad needed a serious upgrade and the owner disagreed and obviously didn't have the cash to do it anyway. Without naming players the majority of this squad won't be revisiting the Premiership with SUFC if they do I think we may struggle.

Did CW say that or he had taken this group of players as far as he could. My opinion has always been players and managers have a ceiling and we reached ours after lockdown. Only speculating but I think CW believed the squad needed a serious upgrade and the owner disagreed and obviously didn't have the cash to do it anyway. Without naming players the majority of this squad won't be revisiting the Premiership with SUFC if they do I think we may struggle.

All teams are everchanging, goes with the territory, the top teams simply buy extra quality, the rest to a greater or lesser degree, have to rely on wheeler dealing with the occasional youngster coming through, looks like we're putting all our eggs in the one basket !

All teams are everchanging, goes with the territory, the top teams simply buy extra quality, the rest to a greater or lesser degree, have to rely on wheeler dealing with the occasional youngster coming through, looks like we're putting all our eggs in the one basket !

As supporters we can only see what happens with this new plan the owner has cobbled together. We hope it bears fruit but in reality we don't have a choice. Maybe Hecky will deliver the goods, but ultimately the owner needs further investment, if that means stepping aside personally I wouldn't mind

As supporters we can only see what happens with this new plan the owner has cobbled together. We hope it bears fruit but in reality we don't have a choice. Maybe Hecky will deliver the goods, but ultimately the owner needs further investment, if that means stepping aside personally I wouldn't mind

Hence, the all the eggs in one basket.

I'd like to hear from CW and SJ but it doesn't look likely anytime soon. So we move on and speculate on our decline, maybe Hecky can deliver what CW did.

Is the Championship shite or competitive, whichever it is 34 points have evaporated into the clouds.
I don't buy into the "it's a bad league" comment. Every year there are a couple of so better teams that raun away but, for the rest, it's a grind to get those points......
...and always has been, even befroe the Prem.