Training under slav | Vital Football

Training under slav

Bulmer1889

Vital Football Legend
Staff member
Billy with an amazing admission about training under slav accusing some of not putting the effort in and yes he was right to point it out to the man in charge but as captain he is the charge hand on the shop floor and should be having a word himself (he may have done this but the statement suggests to me he didn’t)
anyway I think anyone slacking under this regime will soon find themselves out in the cold

Thought Slav was supposed to be a hard task master and woe betide anybody that crossed him, obviously he wasn't. if certain players aren't willing to put the training under Slav are they suddenly going to change their spots under Hecky we will see. Surely as the captain Sharp would have had a word with the slackers not tweet it after the event.

Last edited:
That says as much about the players as it does Slav. For all the money they are being paid that is very poor. You do wonder if there was some of that last season ?. The question is what is the root cause of this and can Hecky sort it ?.

That says as much about the players as it does Slav. For all the money they are being paid that is very poor. You do wonder if there was some of that last season ?. The question is what is the root cause of this and can Hecky sort it ?.
If hecky can’t I’m sure McCall will some straight talking needed for some if I was to hazard a guess I’d say the size of contracts might have somat to do with it but as I say it’s just speculation

Billy with an amazing admission about training under slav accusing some of not putting the effort in and yes he was right to point it out to the man in charge but as captain he is the charge hand on the shop floor and should be having a word himself (he may have done this but the statement suggests to me he didn’t)
anyway I think anyone slacking under this regime will soon find themselves out in the cold

I did allude to them not playing for Slav in an earlier post but it's some state of affairs when we have some of the squad not even training for him!!!

Thought Slav was supposed to be a hard task master and woe betide anybody that crossed him, obviously he wasn't. if certain players aren't willing to put the training under Slav are they suddenly going to change their spots under Hecky we will see. Surely as the captain Sharp would have had a word with the slackers not tweet it after the event.
I would like to think he did fnaf the worrying thing is if he did they obviously didn’t take much notice of him for him to have to bring it to the managers attention or it could be he just thought it was better coming from the gaffer

I would like to think he did fnaf the worrying thing is if he did they obviously didn’t take much notice of him for him to have to bring it to the managers attention or it could be he just thought it was better coming from the gaffer
It makes you wonder about the whole language barrier. I could barely understand him in his interviews and he was not an inspiring speaker.
I think you might be right about size of some players contracts though. This probably went pear shaped before Slav. Now we are back to Championship wages Hecky should be ok, especially as the big earners will be sold (Berge, possibly McPub etc).

Maybe Billy did go to Slav , maybe Billy himself had a word, maybe Billy went to the owners in desperation and, maybe, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

All speculation -until Billy retires and writes his book- of course but, whatever the machinations, it's a damning indictment of some of those being paid by SUFC.

It looks as the brand of fighting brothers has broken up possibly because of new signings but Billy will not have made himself popular with his tweet. Dangerous things social media.

It looks as the brand of fighting brothers has broken up possibly because of new signings but Billy will not have made himself popular with his tweet. Dangerous things social media.
I depends I suppose on whether or not Billy meant some players weren't putting enough into their training or that Slav and his coaches weren't testing them enough with their training methods? People on social media seem to be assuming it was the former but I'm not convinced it was from reading that tweet.

I depends I suppose on whether or not Billy meant some players weren't putting enough into their training or that Slav and his coaches weren't testing them enough with their training methods? People on social media seem to be assuming it was the former but I'm not convinced it was from reading that tweet.
Never thought of it like that gray suppose it’s a possibility it’s most likely a mixture of both

Good point GB.
Reading it that way makes much more sense both because of the timing and the potential unrest if it were the other way- a dig at his colleagues.
A dig at a manager who was failing to get the best out of the squad and will have no effect on Billy's future.

Between what we see on the pitch and those behind the scenes videos we can have a good guess as to who Billy's talking about.

Just watch all the interactions in this video. Some players larking about, some players looking like they'd rather be anywhere else, cliques and Billy looking pissed off with it all.

The two quotes have different content #14 mentions individuals .
The tweet , below, doesn't

"Every single day counts. I spoke about it to the other manager [SJ] that the standards in training have not been as good as they should be. It leads on to a game so we've got to be at each other every single day."

Billy has done the right thing here. Get this out in the open,sort it out and move forwards. For the money these players get paid they should be running through a brick wall everyday for SUFC.

set o wankers who ever it was and need fucking off asap. cant believe we paid their fucking wages as well its pretty disgusting ,wonder if its why mcburnie was always on the bench or it maybe just cause hes shit who knows. pretty unfair for me to single him out i know, and ndiaye getting put in the 23s. is he another moose with the attitude ,maybe im way wide of the mark . anyway who ever wa slacking of fire em asap we dont need the lazy entitled wankers at our club.

Andy Giddings
@SportGids1

·
22h

#sufc BS: “Every single day counts. Our standards in training have not been good enough. It leads onto a game at a weekend. We need to be at each other everyday. Individual standards, if someone is not doing it we need to make sure they are pulling their weight.”

I think that's more about individual players.
100 percent about individual players and their standards some have been swinging the led fuck em