Training Session | Vital Football

Training Session

I was there with an 11 yr old - it was half term and put on mainly for the kids of whom there was a fair number. Weather was atrocious, the players trained for about an hour including some shooting practice (fantastic goal by RCC was the highlight, video on the clubs twitter). Then it was in the megastore for signings and photos with the players. Mark Byrne was there for that bit.

I thought it was a great idea by the Club Youngsters could meet and relate to the players in a way that they can't really with the big London clubs, hopefully ensuring a new generation of lifelong supporters. They did a similar thing last July at the beginning of the school holidays.

I was there with an 11 yr old - it was half term and put on mainly for the kids of whom there was a fair number. Weather was atrocious, the players trained for about an hour including some shooting practice (fantastic goal by RCC was the highlight, video on the clubs twitter). Then it was in the megastore for signings and photos with the players. Mark Byrne was there for that bit.

I thought it was a great idea by the Club Youngsters could meet and relate to the players in a way that they can't really with the big London clubs, hopefully ensuring a new generation of lifelong supporters. They did a similar thing last July at the beginning of the school holidays.

Great to hear a lot of kids were there despite poor weather. Us old gits would have probably given it up and sat by the fire. Good on them.

And a good initiative by the club.