Training ground latest | Vital Football

Training ground latest

The Imposter

Vital 1st Team Regular
The new training ground is taking shape and seeing as I pass it on the way to work, thought I'd post a couple of pictures of how it's taking shape. Not my greatest work ever, but the best view of the field is from the A46 just down from Scampton airbase, but I wasn't prepared to risk my life or the ignominy of perplexed stares from passing motorists for the sake of a better angle...

Attachments

• Ground1.jpg
    Ground1.jpg
    722 KB · Views: 165
  • Ground2.jpg
    Ground2.jpg
    717.9 KB · Views: 161
The new training ground is taking shape and seeing as I pass it on the way to work, thought I'd post a couple of pictures of how it's taking shape. Not my greatest work ever, but the best view of the field is from the A46 just down from Scampton airbase, but I wasn't prepared to risk my life or the ignominy of perplexed stares from passing motorists for the sake of a better angle...

Looks a bit like Derby County's old pitch

Beginning of pre-season is more testing I imagine, which will be done at SB.

If they're then away, that'll be another week or so until it's needed.

Beginning of pre-season is more testing I imagine, which will be done at SB.

If they're then away, that'll be another week or so until it's needed.

Luke, you go past there every day don’t you? How do you reckon it’s going on there? Looks like they are ramping things up now after a slowish start.

Great to see progress is being made, thanks for the photos. For PR reasons, including bond sales, it would be good to see some on the OS.

From the evidence supplied, there is not a cat in hells chance of the facility being ready and in use by the second week in July. Not sure that matters too much though as fitness and bonding will be the initial goals.

Luke, you go past there every day don’t you? How do you reckon it’s going on there? Looks like they are ramping things up now after a slowish start.
Nope, I join/leave the A15 a little further north at Spridlington.

I did travel down to Scampton the other week on my way back from work but little had happened at that point.

Great to see progress is being made, thanks for the photos. For PR reasons, including bond sales, it would be good to see some on the OS.

From the evidence supplied, there is not a cat in hells chance of the facility being ready and in use by the second week in July. Not sure that matters too much though as fitness and bonding will be the initial goals.
photos can show progress, or appear to show lack of progress i suppose. so they could be good or bad for pr. looking at those photos i wouldn't expect professional footballers to be training there in three weeks. but the experts have said it will be ready for pre-season. fascinated to see how quickly it will come together...

The speed with which clubs have both renovated and laid new pitches this summer so far would suggest it is possible. Grass grows very quickly - think of how many times you have to mow your lawn. I know it isn't quite that simple - any professional horticulturists out there?

It seems like they are really cracking on with it at the moment. Turn the clock back two weeks and not a lot of work looked to have been done on the site, but it now looks like all the site has been well prepared, loads of soil has been removed, there are a few diggers there and there are markings around the site.

The funny thing is, at the end of their working day, the workers park a digger by the gates. Whether that's to stop people breaking in through the gates (god knows why they would want to do that anyway) or stopping people from seeing what's going on on the site, I 'm not sure, although there are plenty of other vantage points of the site.

I wonder how much these initial works are costing? Must be in the tens of thousands. Big risk without a planning consent for the rest of the works as the pitches alone are not much use. Are they really going to be able to use the site without any facilities if the application in its current form is refused or delayed?

The funny thing is, at the end of their working day, the workers park a digger by the gates. Whether that's to stop people breaking in through the gates (god knows why they would want to do that anyway) or stopping people from seeing what's going on on the site, I 'm not sure, although there are plenty of other vantage points of the site.
Probably to prevent the travelling community taking up residence.