Trae Coyle - Arsenal | Page 2 | Vital Football

Trae Coyle - Arsenal

If, and it's a very big if, we can recruit or loan a fox in the box striker then our optimism would be more than justified.

Matt Willock's brother Joe is at Arsenal and is the same age as our recent additions from that club. Very likely they all know one another and Evans has used that angle to persuade them to come as well as everything else. It's looking good, are we allowed a little foolish optimism?

Interestingly he was on the 100 player longlist for the "Golden Boy" award for the best U21 players in Europe alongside players like Haaland and Sancho (and also a bunch of players no one but the biggest football nerds have heard of). Probably doesn't mean that much but suggests he has a lot of talent.

Last edited:
Interestingly he was on the 100 player longlist for the "Golden Boy" award for the best U21 players in Europe alongside players like Haaland and Sancho (and also a bunch of players no one but the biggest football nerds have heard of). Probably doesn't mean that much but suggests he has a lot of talent.

Well, same as with young Medley, over on twitter all the Gooners fans are raving about him. And when Arsenal players get tagged on stuff, there’s 100’s of replies, not the usual 15 or so with our players.

Usually you get more than a few miserable sods slagging off these players. Not so with either of these.

We seem to be generally agreed that the Southampton loanees did well last season. Both good players technically but adapting to proper, competitive football from development squads is tricky. Many youngsters struggle when they are delivered into an established team miles from home. I wonder if the fact they arrived together was a part of the secret of their success and if so Evans has thought about that when signing the loanees from Arsenal. He is good at getting the best from a group by getting them to play as a team.

We seem to be generally agreed that the Southampton loanees did well last season. Both good players technically but adapting to proper, competitive football from development squads is tricky. Many youngsters struggle when they are delivered into an established team miles from home. I wonder if the fact they arrived together was a part of the secret of their success and if so Evans has thought about that when signing the loanees from Arsenal. He is good at getting the best from a group by getting them to play as a team.

Yeah, this was discussed over on the Zech Medley thread I think.

New young players that have spent their lives at an EPL club would find it tough going in L1. Having a familiar friendly face around has to be a good thing.

And I think, judging by twitter, and Traes comment in his interview, that the Arsenal guys also know Matty Willock through brother Joe(?).