'Traces of pork' found in prison food served as halal | Page 2 | Vital Football

'Traces of pork' found in prison food served as halal

SKEGGY - 4/2/2013 05:29

This just doesn't concern prisoners of an Islamic faith. Rastas, Seven Day Adventists and Jews also consider pork to be unclean. The bible also states that as well

What does it say in the bible about pork?

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 4/2/2013 05:33

But each of those beliefs/faiths has a strict code of conduct. Off the top of my head, I can't think of one thing that would land you in Prison that did not contravene these.

If they are prepared to suspend their faith for the offence, surely they forfeit any claim to that belief?

I believe that is something in the Quran about beating your wife with a rod no thicker than your thumb. That'll get you a one way ticket to the slammer these days.

In the bible it said that two demonic men were casted out into a herd of pigs.

Leviticus 11:7

And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.

SKEGGY - 4/2/2013 17:34

In the bible it said that two demonic men were casted out into a herd of pigs.

Leviticus 11:7

And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.

That's interesting.

I wonder how it never made it into Christian culture.

Because Jesus owned a pig farm outside Jerusalem, he was the silent partner with John The Baptist

Why do prisoners need to eat any meat?

When they put me in charge they'll get a vegetable soup/stew, and a slice of bread: for breakfast, for lunch and for dinner.