Tour de France | Vital Football

Tour de France

Bulmer1889

Vital Football Legend
Staff member
Watching highlights absolute chaos as a spectator took most of the peloton out with a sign they holding up for the camera not even watching the race and then another big crash later which took quite a few out including Chris froome who lost 15 mins on the lead which was taken by alaphilippe who broke on the hill and no one could go with him
I actually enjoyed watching this but got to admit I don’t understand the tactics I thought it was just a race everyone was trying to win can’t get my head around how some just aren’t bothered with certain stages 🤷‍♂️

That grinning, unbelievably dopey little retard with the cardboard sign needs a good kicking.

It's one thing single handedly bringing down the entire bunch and causing at least one abandon but looking so fucking irritating while doing it too is some achievement.

Alaphilippe phenomenal as ever. He's the best.

Mathieu van der Poel isn't bad at cycling is he. Reminiscent of me in my prime....

Not remotely reminiscent of me in my prime, or at any other time for that matter.

A long way still to go and as we have already seen, owt can happen, but I honestly can’t see past the Slovenians for the overall.
If I had to pick, I would plump for youth over experience, although Roglic appears to have a MUCH stronger team around him. Joint favourites looks about right.
It should be interesting.

P.S. Nice to see a yellow jersey finally for the Poulidor family.

I'd love to think Alaphilippe can contend for yellow again.

If not, I hope Roglic wins. He deserves it, by now. The time trials should favour him over Pogacar - both flat.

Looking at the odds now, it appears an absolute two horse race. Shame Thomas lost time today. Think he'll podium but probably 3rd step.

Oh and I wish they'd stop making the riders wear their fucking masks on the podium. It's just embarrassing. Not to mention a waste of a life defining image.

That grinning, unbelievably dopey little retard with the cardboard sign needs a good kicking.

It's one thing single handedly bringing down the entire bunch and causing at least one abandon but looking so fucking irritating while doing it too is some achievement.

Alaphilippe phenomenal as ever. He's the best.

It appears that the cause of all trouble was a woman - and probably (judging by the sign) a German.
Women and Germans causing trouble? Some things never change! :wack:

Yeah, surprised to hear it was a she. Looked like an incredibly irritating 'modern male'.

Didn't she take out German legend Tony Martin as well? Great work.

Saw the crash footage yesterday. Shocking, but very typical of folk nowadays. They can't just appreciate the World Class athletes in a fantastic competition, they have to try and join themselves on to it with a sign or a selfie, as if they are someone. Feckin narcissists...

I'll join in the kicking party if they ever find her...

If Cavendish does get a stage win this year that will be one hell of a moment. Would be a monumental comeback achievement.

Cav seems very focused and capable of a stage win.
Never write him off he’s proved lots of ‘in the know two hats’ wrong in the past.

FANTASTIC!!!

Didn't think he'd get near this level again. Can't believe it!

Monumental moment. Won't be a better one all race.