Tottingham Hotspurs v Aston Villa PREMIER LEAGUE Saturday 10th August 17.30 k.o. | Page 41 | Vital Football

Tottingham Hotspurs v Aston Villa PREMIER LEAGUE Saturday 10th August 17.30 k.o.

As I said, your away fans did you proud. As did your team for a good 70 mins.
Yeah, you kept on ramping up the pressure you barstewards. Couldn't just ease off and let us have 1-1. Don't know how you'll compete with Plop & Citeh but even if you beat them, you always seem to mess up somewhere. Those two are still the benchmark IMHO.

The big 4 became the big 6 and it's now looking like the big 3. Manure are an unknown quantity but the Arse and Chelski might struggle again.

One thing I noticed about Spurs was the strength of their players absolutely mullered our midfield and Wesley. Winks looks a weed but he was too strong for SJM and Jack , Hourihane is a fanny anyway but we know that

Yup, I refer you to my prior post re "fancy dans" - SJM/SJG are both as big and strong as they'll ever get but PL midfields are full of proper units who will just run through you if you can't pass around them.

Unless you’re going to tell me you watch a lot of Girona or Brazil youth matches I’ll make the assumption you’ve never seen him play - apart from 10 minutes v spurs? How on earth can you say he’ll be better as a centre back at this stage?

I did say in the long run. And just like you I speak about a first impression. I don't think he has that nastiness that a DM needs, admittedly it was only ten minutes or so but, he was over-run when he came on, might as well not been there.

Reverse the teams and you would have been disappointed not to get a penalty. I think it's 50-50 whether it's given, but the top 6 it's more like 70-30. TBF no Villa player claimed for one, not even McGinn.

Pretty sure McGinn and Hourihane were having a word with the ref about it. I was several pints in at that stage though in fairness

Looking at that game again, yes spurs have class but they didn't show it on that day, all they did was persistently foul and were protected from any call because of that shit corrupt ref, no way were officials going to let spurs lose their first game at their new stadium to a newly promoted team. Fuck the premier league and if that ref has being promoted then he bloody well needs demoting or sacking, he was actually worse than any ref from last season in the chumpionship.

Looking at that game again, yes spurs have class but they didn't show it on that day, all they did was persistently foul and were protected from any call because of that shit corrupt ref, no way were officials going to let spurs lose their first game at their new stadium to a newly promoted team. Fuck the premier league and if that ref has being promoted then he bloody well needs demoting or sacking, he was actually worse than any ref from last season in the chumpionship.
Wow, I thought he let the game flow and was one of the better refs we've had. Mind you the benchmark has been quite low recently.

I think we can take a lot of heart from the Spurs game. Although they dominated possession we showed a lot of spirit and competed with the Champions League finalists. I think we’ll beat most teams in the bottom half and finish about 14th.

Sounds like a realistic hope to me - if we're mathematically clear in Feb I'll be happy.

As I said a little while ago, I expect/hope for us to still be improving until Xmas on balance - it may all suddenly come together for us but I doubt it.

Will we stay up yes
Will we finish top half no
Will the fans panic when it's not going well. Yes
Have we got brilliant owners. Yes
Have we got a fantastic ceo, and management team. Yes
Will the season bounce up and down yes.
We are at the start of a journey and in 10 years time will be challenging to play in the champions league if not before.

Seemed to be on the end of everything for an hour or so before Spurs took over - a good first game for him in the PL with us.