Tottingham Hotspurs v Aston Villa PREMIER LEAGUE Saturday 10th August 17.30 k.o. | Page 40 | Vital Football

Tottingham Hotspurs v Aston Villa PREMIER LEAGUE Saturday 10th August 17.30 k.o.

I think I read somewhere that players like Milner and Barry cover 8k in a game and they were right up there with the best. Does that seem right! I wouldn't have been able to run 8k when I was a kid so I wouldn't know

8k is about 5 miles ish. Might be about right.

Mornings, one half of squad doing "suicides", goal line to top of the 'D', while other half doing jog, sprint, jog sprint, jog, sprint around a full size pitch, then swap over after an hour. Finish of with an hour practising one-two pass and move.
Lunch
Afternoons, spent on pass, control, speed of movement for two hours, then an hour at dead-ball situations, both defending and attack.
Stamina building in the mornings, it wouldn't take too long before the squad were fit enough to 'chase the ball' for 90 minutes.

According to who?

those covering most ground are averaging over 10K.
Bernie Silva has a couple of 13K games and Kante averages nearly 12K.

Not sure if they ever bothered to record gabby's figures

When I was coaching (US University level) we were able to record distances and also break it down by category (sprinting, running, jogging, walking). Our forwards would have highest mileage in sprints, full backs in running, central midfielders in overall mileage and centre backs in mostly a jog/sprint combination. With the exception of the goalkeepers (who actually sometimes covered 1-2k believe it or not) every player was doing at least 5k per game with the highest distances up to the 10k mark.

Funny looking shoulder. Hunch back of Notre Dame?
But be thankful Spursex - you're now in that elite Sky Six wherein refs love you more than their own jobs.

Seriously barging is allowed in the rules, it isn't a penalty. Look it up.

Last edited:
Reverse the teams and you would have been disappointed not to get a penalty. I think it's 50-50 whether it's given, but the top 6 it's more like 70-30. TBF no Villa player claimed for one, not even McGinn.

It's another reason why I don't think it was a pen - couldn't see any bias in not giving it, and I've looked at half a dozen times now and even if it was us I'd like to think I'd have come to the same conclusion.

It's another reason why I don't think it was a pen - couldn't see any bias in not giving it, and I've looked at half a dozen times now and even if it was us I'd like to think I'd have come to the same conclusion.

Definitely no penalty for me, nor was it a foul by Lamela on Grealish in the build-up to Kane's first goal, as some have suggested.

Easy to be magnanimous after you've won :rofl:

Penalties are always subjective and depend where you are sitting. It wasn't given, therefore it was not a penalty. We move on to the next game. Half way through the second half watching Poch squirming in his seat was priceless.

Easy to be magnanimous after you've won :rofl:

Penalties are always subjective and depend where you are sitting. It wasn't given, therefore it was not a penalty. We move on to the next game. Half way through the second half watching Poch squirming in his seat was priceless.

As I said, your away fans did you proud. As did your team for a good 70 mins.