Tottingham Hotspurs v Aston Villa PREMIER LEAGUE Saturday 10th August 17.30 k.o. | Page 12 | Vital Football

Tottingham Hotspurs v Aston Villa PREMIER LEAGUE Saturday 10th August 17.30 k.o.

Surprising line up. Still Smith knows these players better than any of us.

Hopefully, we'll get a bit of luck out there today but even if we don't, this game is something of a bonus. It's the games against the likes of Bournemouth and Palace that we really need to win. Anything we can get from the top 6 will be a bonus.

I'm really glad we didn't have to face Citeh or Liverpool first.

Giving Deano the benefit. Maybe this is a logical approach.

Change both full backs and that's 6 debuts away at spurs .
There is a mix of newbies and the players from last season. Could have been a big risk to have played ,apart from Mings, a whole new back 5.

And it's also not bombing out last seasons players right away.

The new signings will feature. No doubt. Probably more next week .
Evolution not revolution.

Surprised by the team. But as BB says. Dean knows his team.

Not how I'd have liked to see us line up. Taylor was awful a division down a lot of the time.

Still. Come on you villa boys :utv:

Not too surprised. Thought he'd go for Taylor; he links well with El Ghazi and I think Targett needs time to settle. Expected Guilbert but maybe being away to Spurs then Elmo's a more solid bet. Must have been close as to whether he brought in Trezeguet and dropped one of Jota or El Ghazi; Trezeguet did look the business when he came on the other night. Thought he'd go for Hourihane; Luiz and Marvelous probably aren't yet up to speed.

BBC have a Soares de Paulo playing for us; think they mean Luiz, unless we've sneaked in another signing.

Overall, think this team is as good as any. We don't do weak players any more. DS has picked some new players but not too many.

A few new signings not even on the bench. I guess we are trying at least for a bit of continuity and not doing too much too soon. Of the back 4 only one change from the playoff final. Would have thought Marvelous would at least be on the bench over Lansbury.