Tottingham Hotspurs v Aston Villa PREMIER LEAGUE Saturday 10th August 17.30 k.o. | Page 10 | Vital Football

Tottingham Hotspurs v Aston Villa PREMIER LEAGUE Saturday 10th August 17.30 k.o.

What happened last night is why unless we can truly compete at the top end you can keep the premier league and is why I could well start to miss the competition in the EFL.

I thought it was embarrassing. I would be devastated for us to be 4 nil down at half time in any game and have the sky commentators patting us on the head, patronising the plucky newly promoted side trying to play the little EFL way..ahh there there boys ..didn't you have try.....
The Norwich supporters were laughing and joking during the first half like it was a Non league side playing there in the Cup. And when they scored going mental like it was match winning goal. Yuk. Just yuk.

And i hate the bizarre concept of 'winning ' a half of football . Not for me Jeff . You win the whole game or you lose the whole game.
Apparently Liverpool were shit and they won the game in 40 mins . They had no need to do anymore. Cruise control .
Blimey. Gulp.

I guess I will have to accept that we will probably be making up the numbers as we establish and the plan moves forward. But not forever. I really don't want to hear the pundits for long saying what a great season we had when we finished 12th. Not for me Jeff.May aswell go and play in the EFL for some week in week out competition if that's the case.

:clap::clap::clap: Agree 100%. I was so appalled (as with the cup final) that I switched over at 4-0. If we've come to the Premier League to be patronised cannon foder then forget it.

That said, Wolves have given me hope. We may have to get through what will be a difficult season and it may take some time to get beyond the bottom half.

By the way I can't stand Spurs.

So nervous and apprehensive about this. I just feel there are so many pundits etc wanting us to get beat so they can jump on the "Fulham comparison" bandwagon

Was watching sky a few mins ago talking about the game. Even Merse who is usually positive about us says we will finish 17th.

FFS. We haven't played a minute of the PL season and already people are thinking longingly of being a big fish in the EFL small pond. Grow a pair :mad:

I couldn't care a damn as whether we lose a match 0-1 or lose it 0-6. A loss is a loss and that's it. We will lose some matches. But we will win matches, maybe a lot. Looking forwards to this season big time :utv:

I don't think longingly of the EFL, but what I would say is it was great to see a competition that had virtually all the teams in it with a chance of winning it, proper fans and proper stadiums.
However, the greed league is the place to be.

Wet Spam 0-4 atm.

I don't think longingly of the EFL, but what I would say is it was great to see a competition that had virtually all the teams in it with a chance of winning it, proper fans and proper stadiums.
However, the greed league is the place to be.

Wet Spam 0-4 atm.

Yes. Not longingly at all. Just enjoyable. Which is what its supposed to be about. But yes. We need to be in the greed league.