Tottenhan Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund - The Black and Yellows | Vital Football

Tottenhan Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund - The Black and Yellows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you might see Aurier in there for pace and physicality. Wanya may be 2nd half to see the game out.....assuming we're still in it!

Trippier needs to be given a day off.

Concentrate our resources on the Burnley 3 points, we ain't getting past this lot so no point screwing the PL up.

We've been riding our luck beyond comprehension in the PL , we just go out of all the cups to make up for that perhaps ?

I think top 4 is ours now. I can't see Arse or Chav catching us. I would have a right go at getting past Dortmund by keeping a clean sheet on Wednesday. Without Kane and Alli we need to play differently.

Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Vert , Rose, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Moura, Son. Or Llorente instead of Moura to start.

This is about containment, then have a go second leg with Kane and Alli back.

Hmm the way we are rolling the dice with simply conceding the midfield and giving right of passage into our back line is frightening and I feel Dortmond may simply kill us.

But...the standard Spurs rules always seem to apply...we have a tendency to play UP to good teams...so hell if I know. We may pull this shit off.

Though I agree with Chiv...PL is the priority, yeah give the CL a go, but do NOT sacrifice the PL this year, it is absolutely paramount that we land in top 4.

We have enough time (10 days) off between the Dortmund and Burnley games to rest players up,and get others fit. We must have a go Wednesday IMO.
Yes we have the Chavs 4 days after Burnley but their run before they play us is Malmo (A) , Man Utd (A) , Malmo (H) , Man City at Wembley.

If we can stay in it for the second leg that would be nice.

Dortmund have just drawn their last 2 games and conceded 3 goals at the weekend. We're playing them at a good time.

I think top 4 is ours now. I can't see Arse or Chav catching us. I would have a right go at getting past Dortmund by keeping a clean sheet on Wednesday. Without Kane and Alli we need to play differently.

Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Vert , Rose, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Moura, Son. Or Llorente instead of Moura to start.

This is about containment, then have a go second leg with Kane and Alli back.

Kane & Alli have been out for weeks, they'll need a couple of games at least to get back up to speed, throwing them back into the fray for the second leg might come to soon. We need the likes of Lamela, Llorente and Moura stepping up to the plate and have a say. At this time, it is Son and the reputation of Eriksen that most of Dortmund's attention will be geared to shutting down. Opportunity for our second string to grab the headlines, if their good enough.

Last edited:
Between the 2 Dortmund games is 3 weeks and 3 games against Burnley, Chavs and Arse. Hopefully that's enough time and opportunity to get Kane and Alli back.

Totlly agree with you Rocket which is why I opened the thread with my take on the team...which I think is quite mobile and strong.assuming no Kane or Ali.

I think you might see Aurier in there for pace and physicality. Wanya may be 2nd half to see the game out.....assuming we're still in it!

Trippier needs to be given a day off.
If Tripp doesnt give himself a long hard look and improves, he needs to b given the rest of season off.

Status
Not open for further replies.