Tottenhan Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund - The Black and Yellows | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tottenhan Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund - The Black and Yellows

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on Poch's approach to the game. IMO it would be pretty gung ho to think we can play our normal way with Kane, Alli and Lamela missing. Defend and hit on the break is an option as we have pace with Rose, Aurier, Sissoko , Moura and Son. Our defence is strong and our pace is good. Our creative attack is depleted.

How Dortmund work tactically:

It's a very good read and Poch will have to really have us on song to break their rhythm of play, especially how they use the false 9 - as the article correctly points out, how Liverpool do and had so much success with it.

https://www.thefalse9.com/2018/11/lucien-favre-tactics-formation-dortmund.html

We're up against some real pace - so I pray Rose and Aurier are both fit and up to the job - and I know this won't be popular, but I'd start Sanchez and leave Toby on the bench.

I'd put Jan on the left and Sissoko on the right. Although Sissoko and Aurier are a better combo than Sissoko and Trippier.

We're up against some real pace - so I pray Rose and Aurier are both fit and up to the job - and I know this won't be popular, but I'd start Sanchez and leave Toby on the bench.

I'd agree but Toby was rested midweek so I assume it'll be other way round, or we'll play 3 at the back.

I'd put Jan on the left and Sissoko on the right. Although Sissoko and Aurier are a better combo than Sissoko and Trippier.

:eek!::eek::eek!::eek::eek!::eek::eek!::eek::eek!::eek::eek!::eek::eek!::eek::eek!::eek::eek!:

Sissoko & Aurier together on the pitch is an oh so frightening thing..... Please may it never again come to pass.... I beg, PLEASE.

What's up with Davies and how long is he out for ?
Whenever Rose is injured I expect a 6 month job at least.

I'd never be surprised to see Aurier missing tomorrow. It's his missus's turn to be on the front section of the newspapers after facing trial for "sextortion" back in US. See Aurier thread :-)

I'd never be surprised to see Aurier missing tomorrow. It's his missus's turn to be on the front section of the newspapers after facing trial for "sextortion" back in US. See Aurier thread :-)

Just shows we never know what outside influences affect the players. Must be difficult to concentrate on football with all that going on in the background. Having said that, Aurier has been completely unimpressive since his arrival, and in spite of a couple of very costly mistakes, I would prefer to see KWP in that position and play Verts at LB if Rose is out.

It's a very good read and Poch will have to really have us on song to break their rhythm of play, especially how they use the false 9 - as the article correctly points out, how Liverpool do and had so much success with it.

https://www.thefalse9.com/2018/11/lucien-favre-tactics-formation-dortmund.html

As you know Ex we're up against a top side who'll be asking a lot of questions to our defence, we need every edge we can get out on the pitch. Our pace & experience need to be working together.

As you know Ex we're up against a top side who'll be asking a lot of questions to our defence, we need every edge we can get out on the pitch. Our pace & experience need to be working together.

I think we're going to have to conceed alot os possession; but they're vunerable at the back and that has to be our best hope - by playing the counter.

On the downside, I was reminded again this morning that we've yet to win a CL home leg...!

GAME DAY!!!!!

And we have to win one at Wembley sooner or later. Today is the day. :tank:

Status
Not open for further replies.