Tottenham | Page 4 | Vital Football

Tottenham

It was clear after pen we would not hold out but the second goal was very
fortunate for Spuds.

With reference to Spurs second goal, did Aarons get in the way of Krul trying to get to it as the ball went across the six yard box. On TV it looked like Aarons should have left it for Krul to deal with.

Agreed.
I was other end of ground and they did not have Norwich replays
but that seemed the case to me.
Ball was in air long enough for Krul to have got there first.

I enjoyed the day and the game, we did not play badly, but alas we didnt take our chances, yet again.
Cantwell gave them their first goal and IMO Krul should have collected the rebound from our players leg for their second.
Had Buendia been playing we would have beaten them as Spurs not really that good.

Which two positions would you look to make signings for and any idea who you would sign if you could?
Now that’s a big question!
I think that we have definitely missed another wing option but everyone at the club expected Patrick Roberts to contribute more, so they tried In the summer. We’ve had horrendous injury problems at CB that no-one could’ve foreseen but even with that, I think a better, younger defender would’ve helped there. you wouldn’t play such a player alongside Godfrey initially but once he found his feet it would’ve helped us hugely. Amadou wasn’t up to the job as often as we needed him to be. A player like Sven Botman would fit that bill and I imagine if he was on our radar in this window that he would’ve been last summer too. It’s all been about money though and the club say they didn’t have any - it’s easy picking players when you’re cash rich - any lad on FIFA could do that. It’s what makes the signings of Buendia and Pukki such good results for our recruitment team.

Unsurprisingly dedicated fans produce high levels of cortisol, which raises blood pressure and increases the risk of heart attack.

It has been suggested that clubs play calming music after matches to mitigate the effects. I’m not sure whether ‘Farke Life’ counts.

Just back home. Managed to get 10.30 train instead of booked 11.30
although had to stand entire 2 hours.

We did ok and as Spuds are so poor we should have got a draw.
Not seen replays of pen and possible red card but both seemed borderline.

It was clear after pen we would not hold out but the second goal was very
fortunate for Spuds.
After that and 3 subs that made no difference at all we fizzled out again.

Good day out and pubs were great but the 90 minutes of the game out of the 15 hours was the least enjoyable.
What is it with DF and subs? Ever since he has been here he has never really got them right. Sometimes does nothing when something is needed, sometimes leaves it too late (like 5 minutes to go) and throws on 3 players, other times does like for like when we need goals etc. Is it that he doesn't know what to do or doesn't see how to change things? As much as he is disliked now Lambert/Culverhouse/Karsa normally got subs correct and made them at the right time. DF is not the only one plenty of my friends who support clubs say that their manager does the same thing.

Its such a shame this season, as like DG said were only 2/3 players short of being much higher up the league, weve only been beaten heavily twice this season that i can think of and the other losses have all been tight affairs mainly lost by us giving the ball away in key areas. All was very avoidable with just a little more investment, didnt even need to spend the earth either to have done that. Ive tried not to blame delia and co but now realise we wont ever be an established prem side with these folk at the helm.