• Win

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know how defensive some here get of Jose, but sorry guys that game was lost in the dressing room at half-time and by the changes we made in the second half - I could go into why we tactically handed them the initiative and how Jose did that, but I'm not going to - I'm just going to add that when a coach switches off and believes the game is over, that's when you get bitten in the arse the way we were.

Utterly unnecessary and very worrying because Jose should have known better and needs to take a long hard look at how his change of formation and tactics failed us.

I'm still waiting for his on-field tactical genius to kick in.

Having some trouble defining anything positive on the game pitch, exemplifying above said genius.

Honestly tho, we haven't seen anything yet from this squad, that just about ANY reasonably qualified coach could achieve.

Waiting........

:yawning: :whist: :hmmm: :cuppa:

winks the guy you need in those situations. justified why he didnt start. just a waste. kick the ball away. no he plays it in to the middle. unbelievable.
Yes that is what I was thinking he always want to take another touch of the ball in those positions you do not have the time just f~~~# kick the ball further upfield - NO KILLERS INSTINCT

We may have had time to cool off a bit now hopefully. Spam scored a good header poorly defended by us. Sanchez scored another , then a worldie strike in the 4th and final minute of added time. Two of those goals would be hard to replicate. We had 3 very good chances to score in addition to our 3. Not half chances either. Kane hit the post, Son had his sliding attempt stopped point blank by Fabianski and Bale did all the hard work only for his superb left foot to let him down.
I'm pissed off but not worried.....yet !!

I nearly smashed my roast dinner through the TV when they scored the equalizer. But lets be honest we all saw it coming as soon as they scored the 1st.

Throwing a 3 goal lead away is nothing new with us hey?

VAR would have disallowed spam's third for the blatant obstruction of Winks if we had scored it.
I have never seen a softer free kick than Sissoko conceded for their first; their player was still on his feet and had already passed the ball to another player, so they were in possession. To rub salt in the wound, Ogbonna clearly pushes Sanchez hard, so that Sanchez' neck snaps back, when Cresswell's cross comes in.

Aurier cannot be blamed for the free kick for their equaliser. He did not foul but the worst part was that the ref gave them free kicks galore as soon as they got their first and refused us three or four free kicks after that time.

Spam started controlling the game after 30 minutes of the first half, our dominant possession statistics at the time 67% to 33%, began to reduce, in the end, it was almost parity. They kept the ball better, stretched us and probed at our weaknesses. We needed a fourth goal shame Bale missed that late opportunity when he should have scored.
he would have scored if he was not rugby tackled.

I know how defensive some here get of Jose, but sorry guys that game was lost in the dressing room at half-time and by the changes we made in the second half - I could go into why we tactically handed them the initiative and how Jose did that, but I'm not going to - I'm just going to add that when a coach switches off and believes the game is over, that's when you get bitten in the arse the way we were.

Utterly unnecessary and very worrying because Jose should have known better and needs to take a long hard look at how his change of formation and tactics failed us.

Ex I disagree...how on earth could this be lost in the locker room at halftime...we were winning 3-0!!!! The locker room should be in high spirits and raring to go kick them in the ass again!

I do put JM at fault for the Lucas sub in particular...and the Winks sub to a lesser degree. (I am fine with Bale coming on when he did) Lucas provides us nothing...and he proved that again, and did not follow his runner for the own goal...just let him run right on by. Winks...this one is tough...yeah I do place him at fault for not clearing the ever-loving shit out the ball...but he can play better we have seen it. My issue was NDombele was bossing the midfield and may have stayed on...but the sub for Winks...not terrible.

I place most of my blame on player mentality. Sorry these are professionals...this is what they do for a living. They became complacent, and I think were just as much in shock as the Hammers that we were actually winning 3-0 before the 20 min mark. We do not know how to win yet...how to hold a lead...the players we had out there were good enough...the shape was fine...it was the lack of mental fortitude and too many dumb, horribly timed mistakes that continue to screw us over.

Ex I disagree...how on earth could this be lost in the locker room at halftime...we were winning 3-0!!!! The locker room should be in high spirits and raring to go kick them in the ass again!

I do put JM at fault for the Lucas sub in particular...and the Winks sub to a lesser degree. (I am fine with Bale coming on when he did) Lucas provides us nothing...and he proved that again, and did not follow his runner for the own goal...just let him run right on by. Winks...this one is tough...yeah I do place him at fault for not clearing the ever-loving shit out the ball...but he can play better we have seen it. My issue was NDombele was bossing the midfield and may have stayed on...but the sub for Winks...not terrible.

I place most of my blame on player mentality. Sorry these are professionals...this is what they do for a living. They became complacent, and I think were just as much in shock as the Hammers that we were actually winning 3-0 before the 20 min mark. We do not know how to win yet...how to hold a lead...the players we had out there were good enough...the shape was fine...it was the lack of mental fortitude and too many dumb, horribly timed mistakes that continue to screw us over.

I am not seeing a lack of mental fortitude in Kanes shot that hit the post, Sons attempt that Fabianski saved point blank or Bales attempt he was shoved off by the defender in the box which made it go wide. 3 more possible goals that came very close. A freak own goal and a worldie shot in the 94 th minute is what happened and that's before I review the footage again to see if Sanchez was shoved in the back for the first goal.

I am not seeing a lack of mental fortitude in Kanes shot that hit the post, Sons attempt that Fabianski saved point blank or Bales attempt he was shoved off by the defender in the box which made it go wide. 3 more possible goals that came very close. A freak own goal and a worldie shot in the 94 th minute is what happened and that's before I review the footage again to see if Sanchez was shoved in the back for the first goal.

NRD...very true on all fronts. Kane had a hell of a game...Son played well and worked his ass off. Bale...well he will score those very soon.

The own goal...it was predictable unfortunately...but it happens...Sanchez overall did not play well, but I will not faulty him for the whole collapse.

And yeah I said it before, not sure which thread....fucking worldies...always seem to happen to us. Unbelievable shot

But to my point...mental weakness and not playing this out the right way...we still have an issue with winning close games...that is why I didn't point out or single out individual players...this is a team thing and JM leads the way on that so he will shoulder most of it and rightfully so. We need to start grinding out results consistently.

I have now watched the second half very closely with replays. I think Sanchez was held down while jumping to head away the cross for the first goal, possible VAR review ? Bale was pushed before he shot an missed, it was not a shoulder barge, it was in the box and he was pushed at arms length. Sissoko did similar outside the box and a free kick was given . Again a VAR review on Bales potential penalty should have been held ? As I mentioned in the first half Antonio got away with elbowing or forearming Sissoko in the face while jumping for a header, not even a foul given, it was a yellow card offence and he already had one so should have been off. The ref robbed us basically all game. I dont think we were that bad in the second half, we kept it at 3-0 until 80 odd minutes, hit the post, had Bale pushed off the ball in the box, and had a freak own goal . That's football and shit referees.

I hate making excuses but how bad was the ref? Literally every 50/50 he gave them a free kick. Must have happened 10 times in the game, 2 of which led to goals. Another game/referee and that doesn't happen.

Oh well gotta try and get over it, it's now 2 days later and I'm still pissed off.

Roll on Thursday!

I have now watched the second half very closely with replays. I think Sanchez was held down while jumping to head away the cross for the first goal, possible VAR review ? Bale was pushed before he shot an missed, it was not a shoulder barge, it was in the box and he was pushed at arms length. Sissoko did similar outside the box and a free kick was given . Again a VAR review on Bales potential penalty should have been held ? As I mentioned in the first half Antonio got away with elbowing or forearming Sissoko in the face while jumping for a header, not even a foul given, it was a yellow card offence and he already had one so should have been off. The ref robbed us basically all game. I dont think we were that bad in the second half, we kept it at 3-0 until 80 odd minutes, hit the post, had Bale pushed off the ball in the box, and had a freak own goal . That's football and shit referees.
Sissoko's "push" was more of a steadying hand to deter the man turning back into him whereas the spammer defender had his falling body imparting more velocity to his push so Bale went down whereas Sissoko's man was on his feet throughout.

Just got around to commenting on this FIASCO, what an absolute shambolic waste of time. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO LEARN TO DEFEND AND KEEP A LEAD. Sanchez had already made several mistakes and should have been subbed. Where’s Mourinho’s guts? PROTECT OUR SCORE FOR GOODNESS SAKE. Ok I understand it when one of our so called professionals score for the other side, that makes it hard to deliver a win. But come on, we were second until about the last minute. Fair play they score a brilliant equaliser but it’s not what we needed to see. We could have been above ‘Pool and up and running a bit. WHAT RUBBISH FOOTBALL. FRUSTRATED, DEMORALISED AND FED UP WITH WAITING FOR A LEAGUE WINNING WAY.