• Win

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got around to commenting on this FIASCO, what an absolute shambolic waste of time. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO LEARN TO DEFEND AND KEEP A LEAD. Sanchez had already made several mistakes and should have been subbed. Where’s Mourinho’s guts? PROTECT OUR SCORE FOR GOODNESS SAKE. Ok I understand it when one of our so called professionals score for the other side, that makes it hard to deliver a win. But come on, we were second until about the last minute. Fair play they score a brilliant equaliser but it’s not what we needed to see. We could have been above ‘Pool and up and running a bit. WHAT RUBBISH FOOTBALL. FRUSTRATED, DEMORALISED AND FED UP WITH WAITING FOR A LEAGUE WINNING WAY.

Welsh! Don't see you enough on here!

Ex I disagree...how on earth could this be lost in the locker room at halftime...we were winning 3-0!!!! The locker room should be in high spirits and raring to go kick them in the ass again!

I do put JM at fault for the Lucas sub in particular...and the Winks sub to a lesser degree. (I am fine with Bale coming on when he did) Lucas provides us nothing...and he proved that again, and did not follow his runner for the own goal...just let him run right on by. Winks...this one is tough...yeah I do place him at fault for not clearing the ever-loving shit out the ball...but he can play better we have seen it. My issue was NDombele was bossing the midfield and may have stayed on...but the sub for Winks...not terrible.

I place most of my blame on player mentality. Sorry these are professionals...this is what they do for a living. They became complacent, and I think were just as much in shock as the Hammers that we were actually winning 3-0 before the 20 min mark. We do not know how to win yet...how to hold a lead...the players we had out there were good enough...the shape was fine...it was the lack of mental fortitude and too many dumb, horribly timed mistakes that continue to screw us over.

Very simply, we went from being on the front foot, to playing containment football; that comes from the coach, always has, always will, as for the rest, we concur - it was very poor game management.

Very simply, we went from being on the front foot, to playing containment football; that comes from the coach, always has, always will, as for the rest, we concur - it was very poor game management.
Even playing containment football we should have comfortably been able to hold on to a 3-0 lead for 45 minutes against a mid-table team who whilst having the bulk of possession were creating very little.

I can see the arguments against one or two of the substitutions but this failure lies squarely with the players for me.

Brainless football is what I saw for the last 10 minutes.

It was an increasingly heads gone last 10 minutes or so. Where was the leadership on the pitch that was needed to recover calm and organisation. What captain? Where was the professionalism of the senior players? Jose can’t control that I’m afraid.

The Sanchez own goal was not brainless, he was trying to head it wide. He made a mistake. The Winks heavy touch was a mistake, the worldie shot that followed was a once in career goal for most players. Not really to do with a lack of brains. The free kick was very soft prior to it.

Today I finally bumped into my Wham fan mate, I did try to keep out of his way lol! anyway he had a quite unexpected opinion of that game, which in turn left me with a huge grin on my boatrace, he said

No arguments we got lucky, me I said how, his reply had me thinking, he said there are a number of lucky things that happen in football and we got at least 6 of them..
1 Our GK saving v Son, lucky twat.
2 HK hitting the post at 3-0, any other day that would have flashed in.
3 Our 1st goal bad defending by Sissoko
4 Our 2nd goal, sheer bad luck for you and lucky for us, Sanchez OG
5 Lanzini's worldie, never gonna happen again and why didn't VAR pick up your lad Winks being fouled on way to meet Lanzini.
6 Bale missing a sitter, but VAR should have picked up the foul on him and awarded a pen.
He went on to say that he thought the ref favoured them a little bit.

Me I was really taken back by all that, loved it, but I said to him do not rub it in haha, we finished our coffees and parted as still good mates lol!

Today I finally bumped into my Wham fan mate, I did try to keep out of his way lol! anyway he had a quite unexpected opinion of that game, which in turn left me with a huge grin on my boatrace, he said

No arguments we got lucky, me I said how, his reply had me thinking, he said there are a number of lucky things that happen in football and we got at least 6 of them..
1 Our GK saving v Son, lucky twat.
2 HK hitting the post at 3-0, any other day that would have flashed in.
3 Our 1st goal bad defending by Sissoko
4 Our 2nd goal, sheer bad luck for you and lucky for us, Sanchez OG
5 Lanzini's worldie, never gonna happen again and why didn't VAR pick up your lad Winks being fouled on way to meet Lanzini.
6 Bale missing a sitter, but VAR should have picked up the foul on him and awarded a pen.
He went on to say that he thought the ref favoured them a little bit.

Me I was really taken back by all that, loved it, but I said to him do not rub it in haha, we finished our coffees and parted as still good mates lol!

He forgot to mention Antonio should have seen red .

The Sanchez own goal was not brainless, he was trying to head it wide. He made a mistake. The Winks heavy touch was a mistake, the worldie shot that followed was a once in career goal for most players. Not really to do with a lack of brains. The free kick was very soft prior to it.
If your comment is directed to me I was describing the passage of play from the 82 minute when the game had all but been won. But I'm sure you realise that.

Harry is outstanding but he is about as inspirational as a shit sandwich.

That's a tad harsh '80.

His energy up and down the pitch, defending, assisting in goals, beautiful passes, 2 goals...surely that's inspirational.

We do however need a head strong outfield leader who can identify if and when we're lifting off the gas and allowing the opposition a foot hold back in the game, then of course nullify that momentum. We've been without that person for years now. No wonder Spursy is alive and kicking.

If your comment is directed to me I was describing the passage of play from the 82 minute when the game had all but been won. But I'm sure you realise that.

Jose made two attacking subs at 3-0 up. I dont think it's the players that were brainless. Having said that it was a freak sequence of events that Jose could not envisage. An own goal cost us ultimately.

Jose made two attacking subs at 3-0 up. I dont think it's the players that were brainless. Having said that it was a freak sequence of events that Jose could not envisage. An own goal cost us ultimately.
You're absolving the players of any responsibility here and fair enough if that's your viewpoint. But in that case there's no reason why we we should see an improvement in the future nor the same thing happening again... and again... as it has been happening under previous managers.

Last edited:
You're absolving the players of any responsibility here and fair enough that's your viewpoint. But in that case there's no reason why we we should see an improvement in the future nor the same thing happening again... and again... as it has been happening under previous managers.

Am I ?
It's a team effort including the manager. He made the subs which didnt help us defend. I'm disputing the players were or are brainless. Two of them made physical errors leading to goals. I am not going to label the players brainless based on that game or others this season.

Am I ?
It's a team effort including the manager. He made the subs which didnt help us defend. I'm disputing the players were or are brainless. Two of them made physical errors leading to goals. I am not going to label the players brainless based on that game or others this season.
I clearly said the passage of play was brainless not that the players are brainless. In the same way that a person can say or do something stupid without themselves being stupid.

I'll try and explain what I mean.

After 82 minutes the game is as good as dead. For all their huffing and puffing West Ham had created next to nothing from open play. Their only decent forward - Antonio - had been subbed, largely ineffective. They were playing for pride at that point.

They had looked dangerous from set pieces though. Jose had warned the team beforehand not to give away unnecessary free kicks. So the only way back was through set pieces.

Cresswell is an excellent set piece taker. If you asked him beforehand where he would like the ball placed for in an inswinging free kick he would probably have plonked the ball right where Sissoko gave away the foul.

The foul itself was totally unnecessary. The West Ham player was playing the ball back to the halfway line. And that's what I mean by a player not engaging his football brain.

To compound matters his defending (or lack of) from the resulting free kick was awful. His job was to mark Balbuena. Sissoko is 6ft 2" and nearly 15st. He doesn't have to win the header but he should be putting in a physical challenge that prevents Balbuena getting a free header. He doesn't even get off the ground and half turns his back.

That goal gave West Ham a lift and hope where previously there was none. You could see and feel the panic that started to spread throughout the team. It was the catalyst that led to a series of errors and poor decision-making making - as though a collective brain fog descended on most of the players.

Having said all that this is an area I expected to see a marked improvement under Jose so I'm disappointed we are still seeing the same issues. Or maybe it is that some of our players will never get it?

It will be interesting to see how Jose
I clearly said the passage of play was brainless not that the players are brainless. In the same way that a person can say or do something stupid without themselves being stupid.

I'll try and explain what I mean.

After 82 minutes the game is as good as dead. For all their huffing and puffing West Ham had created next to nothing from open play. Their only decent forward - Antonio - had been subbed, largely ineffective. They were playing for pride at that point.

They had looked dangerous from set pieces though. Jose had warned the team beforehand not to give away unnecessary free kicks. So the only way back was through set pieces.

Cresswell is an excellent set piece taker. If you asked him beforehand where he would like the ball placed for in an inswinging free kick he would probably have plonked the ball right where Sissoko gave away the foul.

The foul itself was totally unnecessary. The West Ham player was playing the ball back to the halfway line. And that's what I mean by a player not engaging his football brain.

To compound matters his defending (or lack of) from the resulting free kick was awful. His job was to mark Balbuena. Sissoko is 6ft 2" and nearly 15st. He doesn't have to win the header but he should be putting in a physical challenge that prevents Balbuena getting a free header. He doesn't even get off the ground and half turns his back.

That goal gave West Ham a lift and hope where previously there was none. You could see and feel the panic that started to spread throughout the team. It was the catalyst that led to a series of errors and poor decision-making making - as though a collective brain fog descended on most of the players.

Having said all that this is an area I expected to see a marked improvement under Jose so I'm disappointed we are still seeing the same issues. Or maybe it is that some of our players will never get it?

It will be interesting to see how Jose uses subs to see a game out in future.

That's a tad harsh '80.

His energy up and down the pitch, defending, assisting in goals, beautiful passes, 2 goals...surely that's inspirational.

We do however need a head strong outfield leader who can identify if and when we're lifting off the gas and allowing the opposition a foot hold back in the game, then of course nullify that momentum. We've been without that person for years now. No wonder Spursy is alive and kicking.
Agreed, a Dave Mackay type.

You're absolving the players of any responsibility here and fair enough if that's your viewpoint. But in that case there's no reason why we we should see an improvement in the future nor the same thing happening again... and again... as it has been happening under previous managers.
Gary, a change in attitude is coming, you heard it hear, mark my words.