Tottenham Hotspur vs. Swansea FC | Page 10 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Swansea FC

Well let's see how Swansea fare against City, Liverpool and United and that may give some perspective to our result. Watching Chelsea vs Arsenal yesterday I saw two teams playing fast attacking football in what was the best 0-0 I have seen for a long time with chances at either end. I wonder how their fans are feeling this morning?

Harry-Kari - 18/9/2017 14:24

Well let's see how Swansea fare against City, Liverpool and United and that may give some perspective to our result. Watching Chelsea vs Arsenal yesterday I saw two teams playing fast attacking football in what was the best 0-0 I have seen for a long time with chances at either end. I wonder how their fans are feeling this morning?

The difference is simple and obvious to see; both teams wanted to win and both were prepared to play attacking football.

Saturday we had one team (by their own managers admission) who set up to play entirely defensively and non-compete.

Comparing the two games is utterly bizarre.

Poch had no reason to change things until mid way through the second half. We were creating chances. Aurier visibly tired against Dortmund so it was a choice of start with him or end with him running against jaded Swans. The latter makes more sense to me.

Nick Real Deal - 18/9/2017 15:43

Poch had no reason to change things until mid way through the second half. We were creating chances. Aurier visibly tired against Dortmund so it was a choice of start with him or end with him running against jaded Swans. The latter makes more sense to me.

It's clear that some simply lose their objectivity when the disappointment sets in - I've just watched the recording, almost without exception everything I thought and reflected on/after the game is spot on.

Poch has to stop with the Son wingback approach - even when we're up against a team who rarely attack but if Davies hadn't had a knock he almost certainly wouldn't have done it again.

If he learns to trust KPW more, maybe even under those circumstances we won't see that again.

Although personally, I hope if we start Jadon against Barnsley he makes the impression I think he could and gets a chance to be called up - he may not be ready physically yet, but he can certainly play a bit.

You have to give credit to a team who just defend for 90 minutes.They had an objective and they achieved it. They had 3 shots all game and all off target lol.

A lot of us said out lack of signing an AM would hurt us and it is showing so far. All is good though as levy may get barkley for peanuts in the jan window so dropped points is fine isnt it.

I hate the fact we chased barkley all summer. We should have got someone else in. Right now we dont have anyone to come on to help alli or eriksen. Can't wait unitl lamela is back.

Spursex - 18/9/2017 12:46

Real Deal - 18/9/2017 12:42

Fabianski the game of his life? Seriously what the hell are you on EX? All the saves he made were standard, especially for a premier league level. Talk about over exaggeration.

Listen, he's an absolutely dreadful keeper - makes a mess almost every single game that has cost Swansea shed loads of points - he didn't put a hand or a foot wrong on Saturday, you might call them 'standard', but there was nothing 'standard' about two of his saves.

He's a wank of a 'keeper who even his manager said had an 'exceptional game' and was the Swansea fans MOM.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41210054

" Fabianski earned MOM with EIGHT crucial saves"

From the Telegraph:

" they were stymied by a stubborn defence in general, and by Lukasz Fabianski in particular.

Swansea's Polish goalkeeper was in inspired form, with a succession of top-class saves to deny Spurs and gain him the MOM."

From the Guardian:

"Swans keeper, Lukasz Fabianski, was arguably the man of the match - pulling off several saves from close range, including a header from Harry Kane, who also smashed the crossbar from seven yards out after Son's shot produced another save from Fabianski."

Some are easily pleased I guess. I have seen better saves in the lower leagues and I ain't kidding.

Agree he is crap though.

Fabianski the game of his life? Seriously what the hell are you on EX? All the saves he made were standard, especially for a premier league level. Talk about over exaggeration.

Listen, he's an absolutely dreadful keeper - makes a mess almost every single game that has cost Swansea shed loads of points - he didn't put a hand or a foot wrong on Saturday, you might call them 'standard', but there was nothing 'standard' about two of his saves.

He's a wank of a 'keeper who even his manager said had an 'exceptional game' and was the Swansea fans MOM.

From the Telegraph:

" they were stymied by a stubborn defence in general, and by Lukasz Fabianski in particular.

Swansea's Polish goalkeeper was in inspired form, with a succession of top-class saves to deny Spurs and gain him the MOM."

From the Guardian:

"Swans keeper, Lukasz Fabianski, was arguably the man of the match - pulling off several saves from close range, including a header from Harry Kane, who also smashed the crossbar from seven yards out after Son's shot produced another save from Fabianski."

"

Very unfair to criticize a professional keeper like this. He may not be the best in the league but let me tell you that no keeper can make it at this level if they are dreadful or a "w**k of a keeper.

Ex, please find it within yourself to express your opinion without being so crass and denigrating.
:21:

Nick Real Deal - 18/9/2017 15:43

It's amazing how we can have such widely different opinions and views.

Like I think he had every reason to change much earlier, and starting with Aurier, and on the back of Wednesday's great win and his own very good performance, makes far more sense to me. At 24 years of age, I wouldn't expect him to still be tired on Saturday.

Anyway, it's far more an issue, for me, of our needing to set the agenda when out there on the pitch. Irrespective of our differing viewpoints, if we react each time like that to teams that 'park the bus', we are letting those teams set the agenda.

Saw the game, read a few of your posts...one thing that I think should be pushed is that Wembley is place players dream of coming to play, and even if it is playing Spurs in an away league fixture as opposed to a Cup Final (or semi-final), they come in with a certain level of anxiety. Who wants to lose at Wembley - no one, and if you're not a Chelsea or either Manc team, you'll do anything not to look bad.
We have a habit of building steadily, the problem with that at home is the angst-ridden team we face is getting more and more settled; they're getting harder and harder to break down. By the time we try turning it on, they're entrenched!

I, like most thought we'd break through eventually, but the Swans didn't budge, they doggedly stuck to their task and did their fans proud.

Go for the early strike...if you get it, the opponents game plan goes out the window...then you pick them off.

Oversimplified? maybe...but i wanted to present a different approach (different to the finger pointing and name calling (not that all posts were that).

Next league game is going to be no bed of roses, I hope Poch gets the team selection right, and goes for the win early (even though it's an away match against our "cousins"...yeah right!). :8:

RAMBR0-1 - 19/9/2017 02:39

Saw the game, read a few of your posts...one thing that I think should be pushed is that Wembley is place players dream of coming to play, and even if it is playing Spurs in an away league fixture as opposed to a Cup Final (or semi-final), they come in with a certain level of anxiety. Who wants to lose at Wembley - no one, and if you're not a Chelsea or either Manc team, you'll do anything not to look bad.
We have a habit of building steadily, the problem with that at home is the angst-ridden team we face is getting more and more settled; they're getting harder and harder to break down. By the time we try turning it on, they're entrenched!

I, like most thought we'd break through eventually, but the Swans didn't budge, they doggedly stuck to their task and did their fans proud.

Go for the early strike...if you get it, the opponents game plan goes out the window...then you pick them off.

Oversimplified? maybe...but i wanted to present a different approach (different to the finger pointing and name calling (not that all posts were that).

Next league game is going to be no bed of roses, I hope Poch gets the team selection right, and goes for the win early (even though it's an away match against our "cousins"...yeah right!). :8:

Yeah, it is a fair point about teams and players coming to Wembley, most probably for the first and only time in their professional lives for the majority of them, or foreign players coming to our national stadium. You can see it adding extra motivation to their game.

But I'd have wanted that issue to have been seriously raised and dealt with before the season even started. It's exactly what I mean about not letting the opposition set the agenda out there on the pitch, the need to be proactive rather than reactive.

Real Deal - 18/9/2017 20:36

From the Telegraph:

From the Guardian:

Some are easily pleased I guess. I have seen better saves in the lower leagues and I ain't kidding.

Agree he is crap though.

:35: :35:

I really am amazed that he's still seen as good enough even for Swansea - he cost them so many points last season with some bizarre awful keeping, the Swansea fans were desperately hoping they'd replace him in the summer.

I am stunned that anyone could have seen the team selection and expected an easy ride.....then I am stunned that anyone could think we played well, we didn't, yes we had possession but not penetration or intensity or much apparent desire until the last 15/20 minutes.

Not withstanding that Swansea parked the bus.....we should be good enough to at least work out how to play against that instead of just lots of possession, lots of shots, neither of which really had anyone on the edge of the seat. Yes we should have won, yes we should have had a penalty, yes we were a bit unlucky in hitting the bar etc.....but the bottom line is it happens too often.

Last but not least, before the game I was hoping, as were many, that Poch would pick a team to carry on where we left off after Dortmund, to maybe ensure we got our first league win at Wembley, he didn't and the rest is history. It is kinda nice that he has faith in say SIssoko, to me it is blind stupid stubborn faith in someone that has had far more chances than they deserve and apart from sporadic moments, has been one frigging major let down.

I cannot say Poch hasn't been good for us, but equally I cannot say I have faith in his tactical know how or his ability to think clearly and quickly when things don't go our way.....

Spursex - 19/9/2017 09:56

Real Deal - 18/9/2017 20:36

From the Telegraph:

From the Guardian:

Agree he is crap though.

:35: :35:

I really am amazed that he's still seen as good enough even for Swansea - he cost them so many points last season with some bizarre awful keeping, the Swansea fans were desperately hoping they'd replace him in the summer.

Ex is speaking for all the Swansea fans now!!! :22: