Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United FC (The Blades founded 1889) | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United FC (The Blades founded 1889)

D

Departed

Why is it whenever I put up a new thread for the next game and I begin to think about the line up I ask myself, how will Pochettino tick me off this week?

Answer: Son, Lo Celso and Ndombele will start on the bench with Eriksen starting behind Kane.

I need an attitude adjustment.

I think most fans would play last night's team again with perhaps Davies or Sess for Rose.

Gazza
Foyth, Sanchez, Dier, Davies/Sess
Lo Celso, Sissoko, Ndombele
Dele, Kane, Son

Not me though....I'll stick Davies in and bring back Toby and Aurier. Part of me wants to stick Winks in for Sissoko as well to get all the intelligent midfielders to play together. Not this week though.

Poch's team will be

Gazza
Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Davies
Sissoko, Winks, NDombele
Eriksen, Kane, Son

Why is it whenever I put up a new thread for the next game and I begin to think about the line up I ask myself, how will Pochettino tick me off this week?

Answer: Son, Lo Celso and Ndombele will start on the bench with Eriksen starting behind Kane.

I need an attitude adjustment.

Because you're usually right.

Gazza, Aurier, Toby, Sanchez , Davies, Dier , Winks, Loco , Alli, Son, Kane.

Poch we know likes to rotate the WBs. I have put Dier in to sit in front of the back 4 but doubt it will happen. Ndombele and Sissoko cant play every game so I have rested and brought in Winks .

All I have seen from Spurs is that we can beat really shit teams...

We have some bright spots on the team, but MP's team selections don't necessarily take that into account. (Continually playing Eriksen for some flipping reason....)

Until I see some sort of 'change'...I still can't confidently predict anything but us losing points against any opponent in the EPL.

Blades can and will beat us if we stay on our trend.

I'd put good money on the line-up being...

Gazza
Aurier - Toby - Sanchez - Davies
Sissoko - Winks
Eriksen - Dele - Son
Kane

Poch is peddling his usual bullshit about players needing to be "protected" but it clearly isnt based on past actions. If Lo Celso, Ndombele and Dier do not start and Eriksen and Toby are included then he only has himself to blame.

I would be happy with last nights team, perhaps with Sess instead of Danny. I am expecting Eriksen to play and Serge..... For me Foyth is going to be our best RB, but he needs a run of games.

Whoever plays should be prepared to put a shift in cos Sheffield will work their socks off.....

Overall, we were good against Red Star, but we haven't turned the corner on the back of that alone. Even though things just feel better with all 3 new signings fit and pushing for places, it's hard not to temper this with a heavy dose of scepticism. We are Spurs, after all. lol

Our upcoming fixtures provide a great chance for us to go on a run. 3 of the next 4 games are at home, with the away game being the Hammers after the international break.

H Sheff Utd
A West Ham
H Olympiakos
H Bournemouth

Those three home games are winnable. We've already shaken one monkey off our back by winning away from home in the CL, so the West Ham game is a big chance to remove the other monkey by getting that elusive away PL win and getting one over those C***.

When we roll up at Old Trafford on December 4th, we should have a better indication of where we are, and hopefully that will be a good place.

Fair amount of talk of peeps wanting Sess to start. IMO, in this case, it IS too early for that. I don't even know what role Poch has in mind for him. Nothing special during his cameo y'day. I'd rather he was brought on 2nd half - if/when winning.

However, I really want to see some continuity in the middle of the park, without Eriksen that is. Our engine room needs to get purring and the forwards get in tune with them. Defence is the area where instability/departures/form will give Poch room to tinker.

I think Poch will only start one of Lo/ND and probably introduce Moura in to the mix from the off. I'd have Sonny on the bench, Eriksen left in Belgrade, Alli to retain his place and Winks making up the midfield.

Fair amount of talk of peeps wanting Sess to start. IMO, in this case, it IS too early for that. I don't even know what role Poch has in mind for him. Nothing special during his cameo y'day. I'd rather he was brought on 2nd half - if/when winning.

However, I really want to see some continuity in the middle of the park, without Eriksen that is. Our engine room needs to get purring and the forwards get in tune with them. Defence is the area where instability/departures/form will give Poch room to tinker.

I think Poch will only start one of Lo/ND and probably introduce Moura in to the mix from the off. I'd have Sonny on the bench, Eriksen left in Belgrade, Alli to retain his place and Winks making up the midfield.

what we do know is that we haven't started the same team two games in a row this calendar year - think, or it might be a tad shorter/longer.

So if Poch is true to form, he'll tinker.

what we do know is that we haven't started the same team two games in a row this calendar year - think, or it might be a tad shorter/longer.

Yes, I saw a table where I think we were 3rd in the most tinkered starting 11. Surprisingly, City were near the top!

Sure I heard we had gone 21 months since we last played the same team consecutively.....quite a bit of tinkering going on!

Telling that no one is sticking their neck out for what should really be a routine home win.

Telling that no one is sticking their neck out for what should really be a routine home win.
I'm willing to stick my neck out ... that Aurier, Winks and Eriksen all start on Saturday. We go an early goal down and try valiantly to get back in the game, but our side to side, low tempo attacking strategy will somehow be countered by Sheffield, who will squander chance after chance to score a second on the counter. Then, with ample time left (10-15 minutes), we'll make brave changes and just when it looks like they are getting the pace of the game, the ref inconsiderately blows up.

And we'll have to listen to "Oh when the Spurs, go marching in ..." in that annoying, slowed down cacophony about 17 times during the course of the game, whilst our new found Korean fans cheer the sight of Sonny missing a chance instead of squaring to Harry for a sitter.

I think we will have too much in attack for them. But if you take a look at their results this season it should not be taken for granted. They beat arse and spam, only lost 1-0 to pool, drew with chavs I think.
We are at home and need to make a statement. I dont worry about losing because we are building, I expect a win.

What a crzy team these Blades Boyz are at the moment, should be interesting...

______Gazzinga______
Foyth_Toby_Snchz_Davies
_____Winks_Sissoko___
______GLC__Dele____
_______Kane_Son_____

[Vorm, Lucas, NDomb, Dier, RSess, Eriksen, Lamela/Parrott]

Spurs 4 - Blades 1
(Dele, Son, Kane, GLC)

COYS!

And no, I don't think Poch will put out that lineup, and because, no I don't think we'll win that easily, but we will win.