Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United FC (The Blades founded 1889) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United FC (The Blades founded 1889)

It really doesn't matter what we think now - science is the bottom line, if returning players hit the red zone on their recovery metrics, he just doesn't pick them now. The science proves beyond a doubt now that if you do, the player is more likely to break down and have long term injury/fitness issues.

Personally, I want to see Lo Celso at his best, so I get why he keeps saying he has to be careful - especially if his vitals show that he's not yet where he needs to be.

Even if Poch uses 'science' to mix and match team selection, there is no science/reason/excuse for picking out of form players who have continually shown that they don't give a feck, or at least play as if they don't. Nor is there any science/excuse/reason to (generally) leave subs too late and hardly ever based on performance on the day..... The guy is going to feck up all the good he ever achieved with us

I think we know who they are; it's wether they've all recovered enough to start, I can easily see skippy come on later, problem with Dier is I'm hearing that his post game stats weren't what was expected, so he may be forced back onto the bench.

Anyway, off shortly, fingers crossed it's a game worth going to!! Keep the peace here as I don't see this as being a slam-dunk cut and dried result at all.
No change there then ha ha

9 players with 2 days rest against the blades who ain't played for a week in an attritional game. I hope I'm wrong and we overwhelm them.

9 players with 2 days rest against the blades who ain't played for a week in an attritional game. I hope I'm wrong and we overwhelm them.

So if we lose, it's Poch's fault for playing a consistent line-up that we've all been crying out for, but one that played on Wed night?

I'd say it's better than starting a 'fresher' Eriksen and switching in Winks, Toby, Lucas etc...

Not much thought gone into that then. Like Red Star are the same as the blades ?.
Do you seriously think he hasn't thought about the line up? Or that that he can't see the difference between Red Star and Sheffield Utd? As Ex says, they have the science now. The backroom team will have done a thorough assessment on their readiness to play today.

Do you seriously think he hasn't thought about the line up? Or that that he can't see the difference between Red Star and Sheffield Utd? As Ex says, they have the science now. The backroom team will have done a thorough assessment on their readiness to play today.

Even your selection has 3 fresher players selected, but yes we have to trust Poch has it right.

Even your selection has 3 fresher players selected, but yes we have to trust Poch has it right.
I put Moura in for tactical reasons not freshness. I would be happy with either (Dele being the other). Likewise Aurier. I just assumed Toby was nailed on to come back but I'm very happy to see Dier being given another chance.

Kudos to Poch. Whatever the result today, he can't be accused of not looking forward when picking this eleven. The first time I've seen Rose, Toby, Jan and Eriksen not start for Spurs. I also think it is good management picking Aurier. I hope he repays the confidence and puts in a display.