Wednesday February 28th 8:00pm

Palace the Sunday prior
Huddersfield the following Saturday
Juventus the following Wednesday
Bournemouth on Sunday
Newcastle on the next Friday

It's gonna be a busy period.

2 weeks off and then Chelsea.

Which once again underlines why Poch was absolutely right with his selection for Rochdale- we need everyone, not just able to play, but to be match fit and on form, and form only comes from match fitness - and that needs lots of minutes of competitive football when you're returning from injury....

5 games in just under 3 weeks. Wouldn't say that was too hard for the players to keep focused for, then as you say 2 weeks off.

The 2 cup games must be prioritised, the league games we should have more than enough for 12 points, 10 points at the very least will still put us in the top 4 with Chelsea having to play Man Utd and Man City in the next 2.

5 games in just under 3 weeks. Wouldn't say that was too hard for the players to keep focused for, then as you say 2 weeks off.

The 2 cup games must be prioritised, the league games we should have more than enough for 12 points, 10 points at the very least will still put us in the top 4 with Chelsea having to play Man Utd and Man City in the next 2.

The worry for me is Kane. With Son off form and Llorente not working we don't have a strong option for him. Can he play every game ? All other positions have good cover so rotation shouldn't be a problem.

How long have we been banging on about the striker situation ? If Levy won't stump up maybe one of our youth players should have been brought forward. Sterling and Harrison are on the fringe. Edwards although not a striker scores goals . He is being protected from PL football. Maybe the deep end is the answer instead of cotton wool.

80deg16minW - 22/2/2018 13:17

80deg16minW - 22/2/2018 11:00

It’s 6 games in 17 days.

Correction. 6 games in 19 days.

We got there in the end :15:

I still don't think it's too much really and with the squad we've got we should be fine. Apart from the Juve game there isn't a game there that should trouble us too much.

Everyone being fit is a big thing as well, if our squad was light I'd worry but we've got lots of options.

ScottDaYid - 22/2/2018 14:25

It’s 6 games in 17 days.

I still don't think it's too much really and with the squad we've got we should be fine. Apart from the Juve game there isn't a game there that should trouble us too much.

Everyone being fit is a big thing as well, if our squad was light I'd worry but we've got lots of options.

We've only got lots of good options if all that have had recent injuries / not played are match fit - if they're match fit, they'll find form, if they're not, they'll make mistakes and look less than at their best which will hurt us with the intense run in campaign we could have..

It’s 6 games in 17 days.

Agreed but Rochdale away shouldn't have troubled us.

whiteghost - 22/2/2018 15:27

It’s 6 games in 17 days.

Chuck the form book in the bin in the FA cup at this stage - they raised their game in ways even they probably didn't think was possible - chances are they'll never do it again.

That's why the "beauty of the FA Cup" will never go away , no matter what the big knobs say . Just in our scenario , Newport and Rochdale fans would never had dreamed they would have had an opportunity to have watched their team at Wembley this season .
The Beauty has always been there and always will be

Spursex - 21/2/2018 16:32

80deg16minW - 21/2/2018 16:13

Wednesday February 28th 8:00pm

Palace the Sunday prior
Huddersfield the following Saturday
Juventus the following Wednesday
Bournemouth on Sunday
Newcastle on the next Friday

It's gonna be a busy period.

2 weeks off and then Chelsea.

Which once again underlines why Poch was absolutely right with his selection for Rochdale- we need everyone, not just able to play, but to be match fit and on form, and form only comes from match fitness - and that needs lots of minutes of competitive football when you're returning from injury....

Totally disagree.....to play the 11 new faces he did, was a massive tactical error. He should have learnt from Newport - and didn't. Had he started with 7/8 new faces the chances are that we could then have introduced 3 more once we got our noses sufficiently in front. Of course we will never know now.

As for the run of games, I think we have (Juventus aside) a nice run of games that we should win, with the right selection.....as for Juve, well that is winnable as well.

Personally I would play (for want of a different phrase) our first 11 v Palace..... the 11 that started v Rochdale I would play again v them.

Win them (hopefully) and its 4 games in 14 days, with our 1st 11 and good subs we should be able to manage that. Certainly not excessive, especially for the rewards that may come our way.

I would play Rose & Tripp v Crystal Palace, and Davies & Aurier v Rochdale.

Vert & Sanchez v CP, and Toby & Foyth v Dale

Moose & Dier v CP, and Victor & WInks v Dale

Eriksen & Dele v CP, and Lamela & Dele v Dale

Kane & Son v CP, and Lucas & Son v Dale

No Llorente, no Sissoko.

Sissoko will feature in the mix somewhere , you just know it.
As long as it's to shut the oppo down in the last fifteen minutes then I am ok with it . It's when he plays from the off that makes my blood boil .
He has improved , but from where he was coming from it hasn't been difficult . He still has very serious limitations and I just don't see him as a Spurs player.

Llorente , I don't mind him being given game time because , although he has joined the list of strikers we have ruined , there must be a player in there somewhere surely . He just can't go from fifteen premier goals one season to an absolutely donkey the next , irrespective of the type of service he gets . A pass is a pass . Jansen coped better with the service than Llorente has . If only game time is the answer then so be it . If it helps Harry and the team . Ten goals from him now till the end of the season will be massive

Walthamstow wanderer - 23/2/2018 08:35

Sissoko will feature in the mix somewhere , you just know it.
As long as it's to shut the oppo down in the last fifteen minutes then I am ok with it . It's when he plays from the off that makes my blood boil .
He has improved , but from where he was coming from it hasn't been difficult . He still has very serious limitations and I just don't see him as a Spurs player.

If we don't play Sissoko in MF who plays ? Wanyama poor so far since his return, Winks not right yet, Dembele needs protecting. Sissoko did provide the assist for Moura. On a big pitch Sissokos pace could be useful.

whiteghost - 22/2/2018 15:27

It’s 6 games in 17 days.

With that team we played it was always going to be a struggle, you can't make 11 changes and expect to roll the team over. Half of the team that played have either had long term injuries or hardly played all season.

Spursex - 22/2/2018 14:54

It’s 6 games in 17 days.

We've only got lots of good options if all that have had recent injuries / not played are match fit - if they're match fit, they'll find form, if they're not, they'll make mistakes and look less than at their best which will hurt us with the intense run in campaign we could have..

I was referring to our attacking options really, we've got Dele, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Moura (and dare I say Sissoko) to fit in 3 positions. So we've got plenty of decent options.