Tottenham Hotspur vs. Rochdale AFC - FA Cup Replay | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Rochdale AFC - FA Cup Replay

Nick Real Deal - 23/2/2018 09:32

Walthamstow wanderer - 23/2/2018 08:35

Sissoko will feature in the mix somewhere , you just know it.
As long as it's to shut the oppo down in the last fifteen minutes then I am ok with it . It's when he plays from the off that makes my blood boil .
He has improved , but from where he was coming from it hasn't been difficult . He still has very serious limitations and I just don't see him as a Spurs player.

If we don't play Sissoko in MF who plays ? Wanyama poor so far since his return, Winks not right yet, Dembele needs protecting. Sissoko did provide the assist for Moura. On a big pitch Sissokos pace could be useful.

If playing sissoko v Rochdale in the replay is the price to pay for him not playing a league game or PL game.....I'd take that. Irrespective of the assist, irrespective of anything, the guy just isn't good enough for us against PL opposition or CL opposition.

Now that Moura is (presumably) fit, now that Lamela is back......there should be no reason for him to play PL or CL football for us.....yes his last couple of appearances have been an improvement on before, he is just nowhere near the standard for Spurs. Not going to get in to and fro about him.....but that's my opinion and nothing I have seen has changed that!

Nick Real Deal - 23/2/2018 18:44

Aurier , Lamela and Kane to start instead of Trip, Son, Llorente rest as was

Nope - if we can - send the same team out that started at their place - and watch us take them apart..

Spursex - 23/2/2018 21:56

Nope - if we can - send the same team out that started at their place - and watch us take them apart..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!

I would sooner soothe my tired eyes with vinegar than watch Llorente and Sissoko fouling a Spurs shirt ever again, start with 9 men if need be, but not those 2 , ever.

Spursex - 23/2/2018 21:56

I agree, if we cannot advance with that line, then we honestly don't deserve to be in the tourney. Get them back out there and I think they will fix it.

My eleven would be....

Vorm

Aurier Foyth Sanchez Rose

Wanyama Winks

Moura Dele Son

Kane

I would absolutely make sure that Aurier and Dele get the chance to be the hero after yesterday's game against Palace. We also need Moura, Dele and Son to get form and goals more than we need Sissoko on the pitch. Also tempted to have a little glimpse into the future and pair together Foyth with Sanchez. Risky, but why not. Finally, let's kill the game first with Harry up top and hopefully get him off after the hour when we're 3 up......ever the optimist !!!

Hopefully we don't suffer from STS (small team syndrome) when we play Rochdale.

We seem too casual and easily spooked against lesser teams of late. Poch underestimates our opponents eagerness to get a result against the high flying Spurs. We may just scrape by (Palace game) but we need to be far more convincing.

Field a killer team and put this fixture to bed.

Muttley, I'd like to see Eriksen in the mix. When he's on fire we're pretty much unbeatable.
Lamela also needs as much game time as we can give him to recapture his pre injury form.

Hopefully we don't suffer from STS (small team syndrome) when we play Rochdale.

We seem too casual and easily spooked against lesser teams of late. Poch underestimates our opponents eagerness to get a result against the high flying Spurs. We may just scrape by (Palace game) but we need to be far more convincing.

Field a killer team and put this fixture to bed.

Muttley, I'd like to see Eriksen in the mix. When he's on fire we're pretty much unbeatable.
Lamela also needs as much game time as we can give him to recapture his pre injury form.

I think the b team (for want of a better expression because it’s not really that, so many of them are a team quality in my mind) is risking things a bit but I trust Pochettino to make a good call on it. It’s tricky when we’re so busy with multiple matches.

A team, B Team, C Team??????? Here's the mathematical answer...

Our 'A' team struggled and scraped through v Palace 'C' Team.
Our 'B' Team nearly got egg on it's face v Rochdale 'A' Team.

Therefore 'A-' and some of 'B+' team required v Rochdale 'A'. Add a dive or two, + Harry and we get a win!

So simple!!

Critical_Spur - 26/2/2018 22:44

A team, B Team, C Team??????? Here's the mathematical answer...

Our 'A' team struggled and scraped through v Palace 'C' Team.
Our 'B' Team nearly got egg on it's face v Rochdale 'A' Team.

Therefore 'A-' and some of 'B+' team required v Rochdale 'A'. Add a dive or two, + Harry and we get a win!

So simple!!

Easy as Doh Ray Me. Why ain't nobody else twigged on?

Anyone think this game might have to be called off due to weather?

God knows where we will fit it in if it is.

ScottDaYid - 27/2/2018 09:29

I was thinking that as well.

Big Chiv - 27/2/2018 09:43

ScottDaYid - 27/2/2018 09:29

I was thinking that as well.

I think it all depends on the trains running a proper service or not, hope it isn't called off, I'm looking forward to freezing my Cojones off....nice to play in though, all wearing undergarments, gloves and running around...alot..! :10: :151:

muttley - 26/2/2018 21:30

My eleven would be....

Vorm

Aurier Foyth Sanchez Rose

Wanyama Winks

Moura Dele Son

Kane

I would absolutely make sure that Aurier and Dele get the chance to be the hero after yesterday's game against Palace. We also need Moura, Dele and Son to get form and goals more than we need Sissoko on the pitch. Also tempted to have a little glimpse into the future and pair together Foyth with Sanchez. Risky, but why not. Finally, let's kill the game first with Harry up top and hopefully get him off after the hour when we're 3 up......ever the optimist !!!

This 100%!

I do wonder why Poch is persisting with Sissoko, but one reason might be he has won 23 of his attempted 26 tackles so far this season...

That's pretty impressive - mind you what he does with it after is another thing entirely... :10: :26: