Tottenham Hotspur vs PSV Eindhoven | Page 13 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs PSV Eindhoven

I never thought I'd say this. But of Dembele, Wanyama and Sissoko I think I might keep Sissoko at present if we bought in two better CMs.

He knows the system, puts in a shift and does a job. Arguably been the most consistent of the 3 this season by a distance.

He still gets a nosebleed when he gets near the opposition goal though.

I never thought I'd say this. But of Dembele, Wanyama and Sissoko I think I might keep Sissoko at present if we bought in two better CMs.

He knows the system, puts in a shift and does a job. Arguably been the most consistent of the 3 this season by a distance.

Shows how badly we need at least 1 CM in

At what point do we stop considering these as freak occurences and start considering we have a finishing problem?

Bang on the money.

Our finishing is woeful.

It has cost us the CL this season, plus wins against Watford, point at home to City.

Not to mention all the games we have got away with it.

I can only but agree.

Dembele has driven me nuts the last few seasons, if we've been lucky he's played well in 1: 10 games, and as for Victor, his knee may mean he'll never be the same again - we can only cross everything and hope.

I also never thought I'd say it - Sissoko is putting in shifts, watchinh Gomes now that he seems to be recovering from injury at the blue bin dippers, I'm confused why we didn't go for him, he'd have fitted right in.

I think you're overly harsh on Dembele with that ratio tbh but it's impossible for these injuries not to take their toll. Ditto with Wanyama.

The improvement from Sissoko has been immense IMO, it use to drive me insane that someone with his pace and physique didn't drive forward with the ball when we were on the break.
His composure in the final 3rd needs to improve, but if he does that we will have a very good player.

Well he isn't broken like the other two so you are right. He can at least cover some mileage.

I think you're overly harsh on Dembele with that ratio tbh but it's impossible for these injuries not to take their toll. Ditto with Wanyama.

EX has always been that way with Dembele. Moooossseee was the best CM in the entire league in the 2015/16-2016/17 seasons. Some forget that.

EX has always been that way with Dembele. Moooossseee was the best CM in the entire league in the 2015/16-2016/17 seasons. Some forget that.

he was the best at sideways, backwards, even 360 degree pirouettes - afraid his lack of attacking drive has driven me nuts - as it did with some of his coaches with us.

If he'd just figured that part of his game out, he would have been one of the top CM'ers in Europe as it was, he'd even get overlooked for Beliguim when he was reputedly at the top of his game!!

he was the best at sideways, backwards, even 360 degree pirouettes - afraid his lack of attacking drive has driven me nuts - as it did with some of his coaches with us.

If he'd just figured that part of his game out, he would have been one of the top CM'ers in Europe as it was, he'd even get overlooked for Beliguim when he was reputedly at the top of his game!!

Don't get me wrong. That frustrates me too, he had everything to ghost past players like they weren't there and was statistically best dribbler in Europe a couple seasons ago but he very rarely did it in the most dangerous areas. Probably averages 10-15 shots a season too.

I just think he dominated midfield in so many games that it often made up for his lack of final 3rd penetration and made your 1 in 10 ratio off by a lot. He and Wanyama were the foundation of some of the best football Spurs have played in my lifetime, a lot more often than 3-4 league games that season. There's a reason almost every Spurs player when asked would say he's the best player on the team prior to last season.

Moose and Wanyama are walking injuries waiting to happen. They simply cannot get a run of games. This is why we should have identified their replacement and either relegated them to a substitute role, which would actually provide quality depth...or move them on.

Oh well... we did neither.