Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City FC | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City FC

D

Departed

Well....once again we venture into a huge game. Another moment in time where the anticipation is everything we have ever wanted our club to create for us.

We go up against the best team in the league coached by the, purportedly, best manager in the world. Hailed as a genius, Pep has done it all. He has taken every very expensive team he has ever coached and won championships with them. Except this one.

This is a test for Pochettino. A moment to cast his shadow over the league. A moment to shine. A moment to become enshrined. The season at Wembley could be, at least partially, defined by this game with a victory.

What a moment that would be, turning Wembley into a fortress for Tottenham Hotspur. What a legacy to move ahead from into our dazzlingly Lilywhite future.

Whatever the lineup. Whatever the tactical approach, this game is Poch's.

And I for one would very much like to see him silence all critics with a masterclass, with supporters fully behind him, with that magic feeling that we truly are capable of beating anyone.

COME. ON. YOU. SPURS.

Great post 80 , made the hairs on the back of my neck tingle !

I'm not sure I see Guardiola in the vein , purportedly , of best manager in the world . With the fortunes he has had at his disposal , there are a few others, I think , who could have achieved what he has. Don't get me wrong , I'm not saying he isn't good , of course he is . But I bet he wouldn't come to Tottenham and do the same thing .
Anyhow , cometh the hour , cometh the man , and Poch has the opportunity here to show what he is achieving with his philosophy.
He has done it against Manure , the Chavs , the gooners , the bin dippers at Wembley this season . I see no reason why this can't be carried forward .
Wasn't the reverse fixture our last
PL defeat ? The catalyst of a great team development .
I know in the "Top Six " thread and in the March 2018 thread I have this down as a draw and you have it as a win , so I'm going to revise my prediction to a win and join the 80 bandwagon , do some chest thumping , take my shirt off , go out in the garden and roar in my loudest voice ...........COME ON YOU SPURS.!!!

Belief is everything
:punch::guns:
REVISED PREDICTION 2-0 ......Kane with both

A chance for Poch to show how much he has learned from our CL campaign in terms of tactics and from watching the approaches of Mourinho and Klopp in dealing with City’s style of play. Much as I admire Kane these past few games without him have highlighted how much less dynamic and fluid we seem to be when he plays. His apparent focus on the golden boot does not bode well for team play in my opinion and I wonder if this will restrict Poch’s tactical approach since it was obvious from the first game at City his standard approach failed badly. I really hope he can deliver a winning tactical approach and bolster his reputation further.

I think both Pool and Utd showed that City’s defence is much weaker than their attacking options, but the tricky part is being able to get at it. If Utd can do it surely we can can’t we?

COYS!!!

I simply said we need to win out...so far so good....keep it rolling!!!

Why not, go big or go home.

High pressure them, don't let them get comfortable, and destroy them systematically.

Intense 4-2 match. COYS!!!!

Their defence is weak. Delph at LB for crying out loud. Their attacking players are just so good it's not very often their defence gets exposed.

We can hurt them. If United can we certainly can.

Well Stirling was not good ...he lost them the Manure game by his poor finishing...city should have been 4 up by the break...long may this continue...well at least for 90 mins on sat!

City obviously saving themselves for us at the week-end. They look as clueless as we do against packed defences.

With Spurs playing our game in hand against the top team, then pool playing a few weeks later against the bottom team, THIS game is key to Poch and Spurs stamping our authority on this league, as a huge force.
Can’t wait for this one.

We are both due to play west brom in the next few weeks . MC is not our game in hand . Our game in hand , I believe, is Newcastle
. As much as I want us to give MC a good hiding , it doesn't make much of a difference to our standing for next season.,, ...but. ............saying all that........... , as though it doesn't matter!......... Ha ha , ....wouldn't it be great to give them a hammering.!!!
I've revived my prediction from a draw to a win for us , on the back of 80's brilliant post at the top of the page , . It's going to be a game i am going to enjoy ..............without hiding behind the sofa. Can't wait for it either

This will still be a nightmare game but last night will have taken a lot out of them. Plus the Man Utd loss will still be raw.

If we try to play our pressing game as normal I think we're playing straight in to their game plan. How Liverpool beat them last night was how to get a result out of them and we showed against Dortmund and Real that we are more than capable of playing that way. I still think we're going to lose but only by a narrow margin.

If we go at them then it is our best chance.....they are a wounded animal and may well be more dangerous than they would normally be. But if we get an early goal, they may think sh1t its happening again!

Absolutely no doubt at all that we could beat them, just gotta be on it from the off.

A tiny worry is our Harry.....he is hell bent on getting the golden boot, just hope that he isn't going to be shooting from everywhere and anywhere in his quest for it. Love him to win it again, but not at the expense of someone else scoring instead of him. More important we score, not who scores!

They have really hit a bump on the road, haven't they? If we get the first goal their wheels will come off once again.
They'll still cruise in to the title, but look like they've lifted the foot off the throttle now. Good time to play them.

I go for a hairy one. 3-0!
Christian Kane, Heung-Min Kane and Dele Kane will score :thumbup:

They have really hit a bump on the road, haven't they? If we get the first goal their wheels will come off once again.
They'll still cruise in to the title, but look like they've lifted the foot off the throttle now. Good time to play them.

I go for a hairy one. 3-0!
Christian Kane, Heung-Min Kane and Dele Kane will score :thumbup:
Thought you was going for HAIRY Kane to score:lol::acid:

They've played a couple of toughs games back-to-back and may show signs of fatigue although they do have good depth in their squad. I say go at them hard and fast with intensity from the off, and we can win this!

Last edited:
They've played a couple of toughs games back-to-back and may show signs of fatigue although they do have good death in their squad. I say go at them hard and fast with intensity from the off, and we can win this!

While I want us to beat them...I'm not wishing death to their squad :rofl: (death by (Kane) Hat-trick...yes, yes...I'll take that!).

Maybe we should all NOT correct the "auto correct " function , press the ""send " button and leave it up to others to work out what we were trying to say. Some of the posts Ive read of mine before I went back and corrected them have been ridiculous