Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City FC | Page 6 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City FC

Kane is totally not fit. Can see from movement. Poch rush him back but refuse to let Toby in...

Harry looks set to be England's big hope and England's biggest let down in the WC, he should just pull out now otherwise he'll end up as the scapegoat at the WC, he is in terrible form.

Player ratings by me out of 10.Hugo 3 ( generous ), Tripps 5, Sanchez 3, Vert 5, Davies 4, Dembele 4, Dier 5, Eriksen 5, Alli 6, Lamela 6, Kane 4, Son 3, Moura 7, Sissoko 6 ( probably should have come on earlier for Dembo who was poor ).

Player ratings by me out of 10.Hugo 3 ( generous ), Tripps 5, Sanchez 3, Vert 5, Davies 4, Dembele 4, Dier 5, Eriksen 5, Alli 6, Lamela 6, Kane 4, Son 3, Moura 7, Sissoko 6 ( probably should have come on earlier for Dembo who was poor ).

Lol, not far off my ratings, I'd give them all 3 including the manager, they were all hopeless tonight, it wasn't even a fair contest, exactly like the last game against them unsurprisingly.

Has Harry claimed a touch on the Eriksen rebound yet ?

How disappointing as someone said having a rookie centre half in Sanchez and a lousy CF in Dier what do you expect
MOP as usual he is inept playing wrong players for wrong games

I thought the line up was ok on paper but they didn't perform as they can. In hindsight how should we have lined up ? Starting with Vorm !!

How disappointing as someone said having a rookie centre half in Sanchez and a lousy CF in Dier what do you expect
MOP as usual he is inept playing wrong players for wrong games

Who do you want Poch to play then? Toby who isn't match fit / doesn't want to play for us?
Victor who hasn't been outstanding in any game since he came back from injury?
Everyone was bad today, but putting just Sanchez and Dier to the sword gives no meaning.
The whole team lost the match today.

They were better than us today. And sadly we made it easy for them too. To many errors and to many having a day off, recipe for disaster against shitty.
Least worst today, Verts and Eriksen.

They outclassed us in the pre-season game, at the Etihad in December and today. As you point out, no way are we going to make up the class difference, by giving the ball away to a better team. It was like giving them a 'leg up' when they don't need one. I thought apart from his goal Eriksen had a poor game, like too many others.

Sadly, or perhaps gladly, I didn't see any of the game.......doesn't seem as if I missed much of a performance, by us at least. Sounds like we sat back...big mistake if we did...... Tuesday is now a massive game to keep us cemented in at least 4th...... Next weekend it will be interesting to see if we 'go at Utd'......... Playing in any semi final at 'home' is kinda as good as it gets......will be terrible if we don't take full advantage of it

Sadly, or perhaps gladly, I didn't see any of the game.......doesn't seem as if I missed much of a performance, by us at least. Sounds like we sat back...big mistake if we did...... Tuesday is now a massive game to keep us cemented in at least 4th...... Next weekend it will be interesting to see if we 'go at Utd'......... Playing in any semi final at 'home' is kinda as good as it gets......will be terrible if we don't take full advantage of it

If we keep giving the ball away home advantage will count for nothing.

Only saw MOTD highlights. Silva has been crap in their last 3 games because the opposition have marked him out of the game. In the highlights he looked a world beater. How do we beat Real Madrid, take Juventus to the limit and lose to a team smashed by Liverpool and Utd. Answer is Poch and his team selections and tactics. Top 4 not tied up yet. Cup doubtful.

Not the same team today. Poch has a real mental block against Pep. It amazes me that we had the bigger break and more time to prepare but we looked like the team who were beaten mid-week and on a run of three losses.

Very disappointing but I'm not surprised, because of the opposition. They ran rings around us first half and their off the ball movement and snappy passing was at maximum from the off. It frustrates me so much that we can play a defensive/counter game against Dortmund and Real so well earlier in the season but never do the same against teams like Citeh. Poch made the players rotate through 4 systems before we finally settled but it still wasn't good enough to turn the game around.

But I will say that it's not fair to be hard on Sanchez because despite getting caught out a couple of times he was brave and put in really effort. The defense was told to play too high, there was very little protection from midfield and everyone was being dragged around. The Toby fiasco is not his fault.

Kane is totally not fit. Can see from movement. Poch rush him back but refuse to let Toby in...

He looked sharp when he came on against the chavs two weeks ago, if anything he should be fitter today. Maybe the fall out of claiming Eriksen's goal got in his head.

Two of their goals were not exctly down to class above ours. A pen that wasn't and a long ball hoof over the top.

I think our Tactics were a bit naive for such a strong footballing team like city. I would have liked to seen more discipline defensively , maybe go more offensive later.

The ref needs a kicking for giving that penalty and another for denying us a pen when Lamelas ankle was stepped on by their defender. The ref changed the game. Trouble is it can’t be retrieved.

Didn't see much of the game, but what I did see, seems to be the prevailing observation in here...we kept giving the ball away.

This should have been a nothing game to City, had they beat United (figures that Sterling would find the back of the net against us). A City victory over United would have demoralised them and made our road to the Cup Final a bit easier...but after what they did to City, and now what City's done to us, United must be licking their chops!

Brighton aren't going to be a walk over on Tuesday and with bogey teams Leicester Newcastle and West Brom (yes, West Brom always give us a scare...hopefully any fight they may have had would be squished by the time we play them). Of course Chelsea haven't got a cakewalk either (and we've still played one less game than the Scousers). It'll all come down to , will our boys pull their socks up, pull their fingers out and play like we know they can.

I know it's probably sacrilege to say it, but maybe Harry starts on the bench next game. We're a lot less predictable that way (and no, I haven't lost all faith in our talisman, but like someone said, he may have been rushed back too soon.

What i m sad about is Poch's stubbornness. Against a team which is quick and skillful, we cannot hv the whole bloody team chasing around like schoolboys in the name of pressing and with a half inexperience backline playing so high up.
We should play exactly like how we play against Madrid, fall into shape and hv the upper most 2 or 3 guys harrying the ball carrier once they come pass midway line.
With our midfield drag all over, u saw countless time that they passed straight thru us with a ball on the ground!
I dont know whether u guys notice but Sanchez has a bad habit of following strikers high up the pitch hoping to intecept passes. If we play back 3 like early in season, its ok but when u play back 2, it leaves a gaping hole for opponents. I dont know it was Poch instruction or its him. Sanchez looks steady up till year end bcoz he is sandwiched by 2 of the best. But now his shortcomings are exposed and we hv blundering Lloris right behind him. What a combo.

The ref needs a kicking for giving that penalty and another for denying us a pen when Lamelas ankle was stepped on by their defender. The ref changed the game. Trouble is it can’t be retrieved.
If we were much closer in the game, i probably would hv lamented the ref like u. We were so far apart on pitch that i felt no compulsion to appeal on a bunch of no desire losers.