Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City FC | Page 10 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that Joe Lewis just lost over 900 million not related to Spurs. Down to currency changes I think. But that is not music to my ears if risk and bravery is being asked for by Poch.

There is some deadwood and unhappy players to get rid of plus whatever is ring fenced for transfers to spend. Some of the Poch signings have not lived up to expectations so if big money was given , some of them will be flops too, potentially. That's a risk, or Poch leaving because he can't get the money is a risk.
I don't think it was a good idea going public with it. Levy is not the type to hold a gun to his head.Discuss it privately yes for sure .

City and United will be hard to leapfrog, Liverpool will be in the mix. Chavs and arse will have new managers with money. Anything we spend will only keep us in touch. I doubt it will drive us forward. So the risk to Levy is spend big and see us remain where we are or slip back.

If Levy said we will spend on a new project but don't expect instant results ok. But CL is the financial key. The risk of no CL for a couple of seasons could be the outcome.
I would invest in potential, not ready made, proven and expensive players on big wages. We can't
Outgun the mancs or chavs. I don't see it as simply spend more, it won't happen.

When was that loss incurred? I recall something about him getting caught up in the Bear Stearns blow up in 2008 but nothing recent.

It's a reduction on his intangible net worth based on currency movements - he is still worth over £4 billion - he's been on a steady upwards run of asset values for the last 6/7 years, so as he was/is a massive currency trader, it's no surprise that someone like him should book the occasional loss.

Chances are he's already made most of those losses back.

Either way, I can guarantee you it will have absolutely no effect on what the board of Spurs do next (which for clarity, he is not on and not an executive of).

All too true Deal the chairman has got to see it makes sense.
Best manager we’ve had in donkeys he must now be given the backing he’s deserved.

It's a reduction on his intangible net worth based on currency movements - he is still worth over £4 billion - he's been on a steady upwards run of asset values for the last 6/7 years, so as he was/is a massive currency trader, it's no surprise that someone like him should book the occasional loss.

Chances are he's already made most of those losses back.

Either way, I can guarantee you it will have absolutely no effect on what the board of Spurs do next (which for clarity, he is not on and not an executive of).

That's what I thought. How can this even be relevant if it's an exchange rate calculation based on his hard assets.

That's what I thought. How can this even be relevant if it's an exchange rate calculation based on his hard assets.

It's from the Times rich list and so is no more than a 'snapshot' and should be taken with a pinch of salt - sometimes readers just don't understand how losses can swing to profits so widely with currency traders!!

The conclusion that is being made that it affects Spurs is a ridiculous conclusion at this stage is sensationalist and based on ignorance of how Spurs/Enic is (self) funded...and pretty much has been for the past decade.

Mental game. What a day. What a night.

Absolutely fantastic fitting end to the season.

After yesterday I have taken the pledge and a summer of alcohol free will now ensue.

Above the bin dippers, chav's and le arse ; love it, love it love it. Dreams are made of this, now the next dream will come.

An alcohol free Sober Summer eh?

Should be easy in England as you only have one day of summer.

Assuming poch was the instigator of his signings to date and assuming he was strapped in terms of available funds, his choices in terms of having to acquire young cheap low wage players with potential to grow and take us forward have mainly been poor.

So will Levy risk big bucks to allow poch to make a marquee signing(s) based on his track record is debatable.

As poch has gone public implying we need to be brave and spend, it may be his ploy to move to e,g Barca.

If this is the case it is strange as we have the new stadium and CL next year...I can't really believe he would walk at this stage but he is obviously being tapped up by a number of football giants.

It would be a shame if we lost him after the great work he has done to make us consistent top 4 under constraints the top clubs don't have.

Afraid he does mean financial risks; spending two, possibly three seasons spending in one window.

Prices have of course gone nuts again and proven talents are commanding massive fees and huge contract deals...perhaps 30-40% up on just two years ago.

I believe he'll be backed, and that's not a statement of blind faith that's with the knowledge that Levy has made it clear to those that matter that he recognizes a tipping point.
I agree, I've posted elsewhere that I believe we will spend £150m plus

I believe he'll be backed, and that's not a statement of blind faith that's with the knowledge that Levy has made it clear to those that matter that he recognizes a tipping point.

I find it hard at times that fans still believe Levy doesn't recognise that the club is at a tipping point and he is just out to fleece the club.

He's had various opportunities to cash in and walk away, but instead he's spent almost 10 years delivering the stadium and putting up with all the aggravation and grief that goes along with such a large project.(...oh. and running a football club at the same time.).

Then how do we improve Raphael?
Thats why we had always been short as i had mentioned many times. Levy's idea of investment in the team is via selling a player whom we hv groomed and increased his value substantially and use part of that proceed to punt on young players again. Hence, we r perpetually rebuilding.

Status
Not open for further replies.