Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City FC - The Foxes | Page 16 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City FC - The Foxes

It's pretty obvious he is nowhere near ready. He needs a loan asap.
He kept looking unbalanced and about to fall over and when he passed, he either gave ball away or gave 50-50 passes which potentially could injur his teammates going for the pass.
I really hope it is some stage fright bcoz i saw nothing special at all which should make him deserved a start.

The foxes have some decent players I'm not surprised it was a tuff game.

Poch must not rate Aurier much playing Tripps over him. We badly need a new RB for next season. Neither are good enough.

I would take Chilwell, Maddison, Vardy (even now) and Choudrey.

Paying 25 million for a player you don't rate, not putting him up for sale, and then acting surprised we don't have the cash to spend.

Just add him to the list.

I actually think there is some truth in the argument that Mopo is scared to buy players as he is sub par at it.

Maybe Aurier was rested for Dortmund and there is nothing to read into it.

I hope and believe that was/is the case.

I can't cope with watching Trippier anymore - I'm fighting to stop myself turning into one of those fans who starts slagging of our own at the game - never done, but was so sorely tempted yesterday.

I feel our defence will be more important than our attack in the first leg . Dier may be better than Wanyama right now.

It was good to see Victor return - but apart from that I really didn't feel there was much to be pleased with in our performance, although I enjoyed seeing Sanchez get on the end of a cross - hopefully, he'll attack balls like that more frequently now.

They out-played us and if they'd played Vardy from the beginning probably wouldn't have had missed great chances they had to bury us.

An honerable mention must go to Lloris - they really were his 3 points yesterday.

He was outstanding for the most part.

Last edited:
MOD2 lads analysed the performance of both FBs.......apart from pointing out Trips poor positional play on a few occasions which let Leicester get in behind our defence, they also pointed out how high up the pitch both were when we were playing a back 4 which left loads of space for Leicester to attack.....the assessment was that they had been told to do it but Jenus made a good point saying that in that formation it was a case of knowing when to go and when to stay, and neither Trips or Rose seemed to get it right.

MOD2 lads analysed the performance of both FBs.......apart from pointing out Trips poor positional play on a few occasions which let Leicester get in behind our defence, they also pointed out how high up the pitch both were when we were playing a back 4 which left loads of space for Leicester to attack.....the assessment was that they had been told to do it but Jenus made a good point saying that in that formation it was a case of knowing when to go and when to stay, and neither Trips or Rose seemed to get it right.

I think both have looked slow to recover their positions in recent games - either they're not trying or playing to instructions - just can't work out which!?

If you thought this ref was bad you should have seen the one at Brighton's game.
The main difference is ,we won ,poor old Brighton could be relegated. Refs should be paid more to attract better quality candidates or bring in VAR right away.

Paying 25 million for a player you don't rate, not putting him up for sale, and then acting surprised we don't have the cash to spend.
It is ok to expect tough games. As many would say, PL keep u honest and no easy games as such. However, we literally let them walk through our right side over and over. They dont even need to try very hard. We hv a deserter by the name of Trippier.

Our full backs and our spine is not as strong or as good as it once was. Two years ago we just ate teams up alive.

We look wishy washy at times now.

Our full backs and our spine is not as strong or as good as it once was. Two years ago we just ate teams up alive.

Our FB's still play high up like WB's in a back 4, is that their doing or Poch's ?

Lamela is completely pointless now.

Can’t ever stay fit

A back spasm and back to full training after missing one game. I doubt he will start but could provide fresh legs second half, Moura tends to fade. Let's see if he is totally useless now or if he contributes to our CL and PL run in.

Our FB's still play high up like WB's in a back 4, is that their doing or Poch's ?

We always played with two attacking full backs in a back 4 or 3. The big difference back then was Walker and Rose at their peak were just phenomenal athletes and had the stamina, pace to bomb up and down the pitch all game.

Neither Tripps or Aurier can do it, and Rose is not as good as he once was.

We need a new number 1 RB and a new LB to push Rose.

A back spasm and back to full training after missing one game. I doubt he will start but could provide fresh legs second half, Moura tends to fade. Let's see if he is totally useless now or if he contributes to our CL and PL run in.

How long till he’s injured again.

He’s a walking muscle pull.

This team won’t be as lucky next season. It needs changes.

I think both have looked slow to recover their positions in recent games - either they're not trying or playing to instructions - just can't work out which!?

This is all very South American, rather Bielsa-ish, and undoubtedly a Poch-Spin on the 3-3-3-1, at least 'responsibility' wise, if not positionally exact.

Putting....

RB__CB__CB__LB
______DCM______
___CM____CM___
______ACM______
_____FF___FS____

Into.....

Swp___Stp___Swp
Wng_MSwp_Wng
__LV__AtPvt__LV__
______AtFw_______

On the fly...

The critical part is the 'overload', and making sure it's tight all around. The shifting takes awhile to get used to, but when on point it's pretty ferocious.

Last edited: