Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City FC - The Foxes | Page 14 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City FC - The Foxes

I think that Oliver severely impacted our performance. We overcame it but judging some players performances or the team's performance on a terrible and lopsided referee performance is quite unfair.

We won. It took character, and it was an impressive result.
Ref was a definite pain in the arse but that does not legitimize Trippier leaving a gap big enough to drive a truck through time and again. And he was so out of position over and over that i thot he had switched with Sissoko permanently.

Ref was a definite pain in the arse but that does not legitimize Trippier leaving a gap big enough to drive a truck through time and again. And he was so out of position over and over that i thot he had switched with Sissoko permanently.

I did say some players. I'm leaving Trippier alone. If his teammates don't rip him then Pochettino should.

I think that Oliver severely impacted our performance. We overcame it but judging some players performances or the team's performance on a terrible and lopsided referee performance is quite unfair.

We won. It took character, and it was an impressive result.
Bear in mind I’m “seeing” the game through the eyes of radio commentators. They talk about other things when there is not much happening such as our tippy tippy stuf but come to life when there is action at either end. Based on that, it sounded like we were outplayed for most of the match and gave Leicester many opportunities to score, which they fluffed. They did say that the Son yellow card should have been a penalty, but apart from our goals we didn’t threaten, and we certainly didn’t contain the opposition.

Glad we won, but it didn’t sound like we deserved it.

Bear in mind I’m “seeing” the game through the eyes of radio commentators. They talk about other things when there is not much happening such as our tippy tippy stuf but come to life when there is action at either end. Based on that, it sounded like we were outplayed for most of the match and gave Leicester many opportunities to score, which they fluffed. They did say that the Son yellow card should have been a penalty, but apart from our goals we didn’t threaten, and we certainly didn’t contain the opposition.

Glad we won, but it didn’t sound like we deserved it.
I thought we were back to our sideways and backwards movement. Just shows injuries to key players, Eriksen shoulders all responsibility, but he doesn't have the necessary quality around him do much, i.e., Skipp and Llorente.

Son recognises how much depends on him in Kane's absence, puts in a shift, but again imo, with little support failed to do much for 80 mins. Llorente played his role in the last 3 games, but was a passenger today, hence everyone (except Poch) wanted Moura brought on.

Worrying thing is now Son is being flogged to death. Hope he's fully recharged for Weds.

Take the blame for a win? I'm sure he'd be happy to do so.
I agree with the lads above we were extremely lucky you have to call the way you see it. I am pleased for 3 points. However, you have to look at a bigger picture POCH tactics are crap he needs to improve making substitutions sooner than later

Last edited:
Even before this game we were never going to catch City on their GD. The more Chelsea gets battered the better. Glad to see this before we play them. Morale will be at an all time low. Sell the club Roman, there are other hobbies you are better at!

Even before this game we were never going to catch City on their GD. The more Chelsea gets battered the better. Glad to see this before we play them. Morale will be at an all time low. Sell the club Roman, there are other hobbies you are better at!

Wait 'til they get pounded again in the cup final!

Haven’t seen such a biased display of refereeing for ages. I think it was sixty minutes before he gave a foul against them . Son did not dive and it was a penalty . I normally quite like Oliver except when he does our matches . He does have an agenda with us

I agree with the lads above we were extremely lucky you have to call the way you see it. I am pleased for 3 points. However, you have to look at a bigger picture POCH tactics are crap he needs to improve making substitutions sooner than later

Dunno about tactics. His subs were correct. We are depleted. Team selection was more a case of who was still standing.

Once again we get 3 ugly points. Poch did well to rest Moura and Toby out of that. Aurier too maybe. Hugo played very well . Ref poor, made it difficult with 2 undeserved yellows and a pen turned down for Son, he had his leg dragged back .

Leicester played well but didn't finish clinically enough which happens to us sometimes.

Dunno about tactics. His subs were correct. We are depleted. Team selection was more a case of who was still standing.

Good to see Sonny so full of running right till the end, Sissoko too. Winks put in a hell of a shift. Our stamina seems to be holding up. Rose holding up fitness wise and playing nicely. Dier should be back hopefully for Wednesday. Wanyama looked fairly mobile. Winks , Sissoko and Dier or Wanyama in the middle may stand a chance . I am half hoping Kane may make a surprise showing on Wednesday.

Good to see Sonny so full of running right till the end, Sissoko too. Winks put in a hell of a shift. Our stamina seems to be holding up. Rose holding up fitness wise and playing nicely. Dier should be back hopefully for Wednesday. Wanyama looked fairly mobile. Winks , Sissoko and Dier or Wanyama in the middle may stand a chance . I am half hoping Kane may make a surprise showing on Wednesday.
Please Please not Dier Wanyama yes