Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City FC - The Foxes | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City FC - The Foxes

D

Departed

Gonna be the toughest one for a while. But it is a Sunday game....which makes no naffing sense when we're playing on Wednesday.

Rotation, rotation, rotation.

Gonna be the toughest one for a while. But it is a Sunday game....which makes no naffing sense when we're playing on Wednesday.

Rotation, rotation, rotation.

All hard games for us at the moment, I just hope we can tough this one out for the 3 points again.

80 we aint playing on Wednesday unless you know something differenf!...unless you are referring to the Dortmund Game the following Wednesday

Last edited:
8 days rest for the squad. With the current weather, Poch must have been tempted to put them on a plane last night and give them a few days away somewhere warm.

TV rights I'm afraid they dictate ...I presume the Leicester game was originally scheduled for Sunday and TV viewing BEFORE we got through to the knockouts in the CL

Leicester game is the priority. Need the three points there.

As for the Dortmund game...to me this is an exercise in simply hanging on until we can get more healthy. Just keep it within reach or possibly draw, then hopefully we are better prepared for second leg.

Leicester game is the priority. Need the three points there.

As for the Dortmund game...to me this is an exercise in simply hanging on until we can get more healthy. Just keep it within reach or possibly draw, then hopefully we are better prepared for second leg.

The health of the squad is an interesting one. This weekend gone, we only had Kane, Dele and Davies unavailable for selection. It's possible Davies could be back next weekend. The squad have 8 days off now so it's really about managing the fatigue and the niggles.

The challenge will be that the Dortmund away game is on the Tuesday after we have the NLD on the Sat.

As for Leicester, we have to get runners at Evans and Maguire. There's no pace there.

I would continue with the wing-backs and go with something like

Lloris
Toby, Sanchez, Jan
KWP, Winks, Sissoko, Rose
Eriksen
Moura, Son

We can keep Llorente and Lamela back for the second half.

As for Leicester, we have to get runners at Evans and Maguire. There's no pace there.

I would continue with the wing-backs and go with something like

Lloris
Toby, Sanchez, Jan
KWP, Winks, Sissoko, Rose
Eriksen
Moura, Son

We can keep Llorente and Lamela back for the second half.

With the Dortmund game so close after who could we protect or rotate and still beat Leicester. ? Foyth could come in for Vert and I'm not sure we need 3 at the back. Dier for Winks maybe. Llorente for Son ? Lamela for Eriksen ?

All out defend in first leg of Dortmund match (attack on Counter), then go for it in the second if we are still in it.

Leicester should have beaten Liverpool and did well against Utd. We cannot overlook them. Maddison is something special. Cannot believe he keeps getting substituted. I do agree we need to run at their central defenders

What Spurs need to start doing is converting the 1st half chances. I can't imagine how the last 3 games would have gone if we hadn't been wasteful in front of goal in the first part of those games.

I think you have to be wary about Leicester's pace, but let them set up to worry about us and not the other way round.

All out defend in first leg of Dortmund match (attack on Counter), then go for it in the second if we are still in it.

First leg is at home. Dele and Kane may well not be back for second leg anyway so this doesn't make much sense to me. Also Sonny has a superb record against Dortmund, he's got a weird nickname of the beekeeper specifically based on it (because they play in yellow and black).

They've been having a great season, it's going to be very hard to beat them, but we have to give it our best shot and not just decide we're not capable without Kane and Dele.

First leg is at home. Dele and Kane may well not be back for second leg anyway so this doesn't make much sense to me. Also Sonny has a superb record against Dortmund, he's got a weird nickname of the beekeeper specifically based on it (because they play in yellow and black).

They've been having a great season, it's going to be very hard to beat them, but we have to give it our best shot and not just decide we're not capable without Kane and Dele.

Also, because of their lead in the Bundesliga, I'm wondering whether CL will be second priority for them. I have a feeling that they'll come to Wembley not to get beat and think they'll take us at their place. I wouldn't be playing counter attacking against them. I'd be flying into them and trying to dominate midfield at home.

Also, because of their lead in the Bundesliga, I'm wondering whether CL will be second priority for them. I have a feeling that they'll come to Wembley not to get beat and think they'll take us at their place. I wouldn't be playing counter attacking against them. I'd be flying into them and trying to dominate midfield at home.

As much as I would enjoy us defeating Dortmund; without Alli and Kane, I can't see it.

Our priority has to be staying in that Top 4 now - which I still think could be touch and go. To that extent, I wouldn't want us flying into anyone - a measured game with one eye on minimising risks, would suit me.

As much as I would enjoy us defeating Dortmund; without Alli and Kane, I can't see it.

Our priority has to be staying in that Top 4 now - which I still think could be touch and go. To that extent, I wouldn't want us flying into anyone - a measured game with one eye on minimising risks, would suit me.

BTW, when I say "flying into them", I don't mean attack, attack, attack. I mean winning the midfield battle rather than sitting back behind the ball, conceding possession and just playing counter attack. I want to see us in their face, stopping guys like Reus running the show and restricting players like Sancho. Thinking back to our best home CL games in the last couple of seasons, that's what we've done best. We've given Modric uncomfortable evenings and even with Juve, we owned the physical battle. We made individual errors but were the stronger team.

Just don't see any benefit planning to play Dortmund at Wembley as if we're the away team.

Ultimately, if it fails to a superior side then so be it. Don't think any of us expect us to win the CL and as you say top 4 is most important.

BTW, when I say "flying into them", I don't mean attack, attack, attack. I mean winning the midfield battle rather than sitting back behind the ball, conceding possession and just playing counter attack. I want to see us in their face, stopping guys like Reus running the show and restricting players like Sancho. Thinking back to our best home CL games in the last couple of seasons, that's what we've done best. We've given Modric uncomfortable evenings and even with Juve, we owned the physical battle. We made individual errors but were the stronger team.

Just don't see any benefit planning to play Dortmund at Wembley as if we're the away team.

Ultimately, if it fails to a superior side then so be it. Don't think any of us expect us to win the CL and as you say top 4 is most important.

Ditching the CL, getting Harry and Dele back and WINNING THE PL is most important.