Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham FC | Page 13 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham FC

Our defenders may have

Tripps wasn't making good deliveries, but still an improvement on Walker's in that he was at least getting the ball into the box. I imagine he'll have put a lot of time in on that come Monday.

And to be fair to Trippier there weren't that many targets in the box in the first half.

I fear we become two one-dimensional in our attack at times. Against Fulham we continually pushed it out wide and sent in a cross...it simply was not working and some teams actually invite that.

When we finally did change it up and attack through the middle, we found success.

This is where we need a true leader on the pitch to say, "well shit this isn't working, let's do something different..."

I fear we become two one-dimensional in our attack at times. Against Fulham we continually pushed it out wide and sent in a cross...it simply was not working and some teams actually invite that.

When we finally did change it up and attack through the middle, we found success.

This is where we need a true leader on the pitch to say, "well shit this isn't working, let's do something different..."

In fairness, once it was clear Tripps and Davies couldn't cross in this one, Poch's tactical change literally changed the game on it's head and we could have shredded them....

So as no one else has said, I'd say 'well done Poch - your tactical change won us this game!'..

In fairness, once it was clear Tripps and Davies couldn't cross in this one, Poch's tactical change literally changed the game on it's head and we could have shredded them....

So as no one else has said, I'd say 'well done Poch - your tactical change won us this game!'..

Oi' I said that.

Yep I gave kudos to MP for making the changes...specifically bringing on Dembele and Lamela.

I simply wish we can be more fluid and be able to adapt on the pitch real-time with who are out there. (so basically not having to rely on MP making a change of personnel) Kind of like City or Pool and to a lesser extent Chelsea especially when Hazard is on the pitch, they can attack from multiple different angles regardless of who they have.

A lot is said about the starting 11 but players like Dembele and Lamela are potential game changers from the bench. Using Moura' s energy for 60 mins then Lamela for 30 for example makes sense when a side has been run ragged by us. That bit of extra spark and unpredictability can be fruitful. Son can be a handful off the bench too. To change a system or tactic sometimes you need to change the personnel.

It's not a new phenomenon, super subs have been plying their trade for decades.

A lot is said about the starting 11 but players like Dembele and Lamela are potential game changers from the bench. Using Moura' s energy for 60 mins then Lamela for 30 for example makes sense when a side has been run ragged by us. That bit of extra spark and unpredictability can be fruitful. Son can be a handful off the bench too. To change a system or tactic sometimes you need to change the personnel.

It's not a new phenomenon, super subs have been plying their trade for decades.

Agreed. Dembele is still for me easily our best CM, but we all know he struggles to last a full game.

I would rather he came on with 30 mins to go. 9/10 he has a blinder when he does.

Lamela has always looked better as super sub. So has Son, for me anyway.

Agreed. Dembele is still for me easily our best CM, but we all know he struggles to last a full game.

I would rather he came on with 30 mins to go. 9/10 he has a blinder when he does.

Lamela has always looked better as super sub. So has Son, for me anyway.
I think that may be the best way to use Dembele, we should maybe only start him in the big games and as you say play him for 30min in the other games.
Doing this could extend his career, for his part he may need to compromise on his salary.

I think that may be the best way to use Dembele, we should maybe only start him in the big games and as you say play him for 30min in the other games.
Doing this could extend his career, for his part he may need to compromise on his salary.

Must admit, having players like Dembele on the bench should really encourage Poch to make earlier subs in games. He was on in the 68th min against Newcastle and the 63rd min against Fulham. In both games he impacted the game. He must start against Utd though.

Can't wait to see Winks back sharing that time on the pitch with Dembele.

Dembele vs Pogba is always interesting. First couple Dembele had Pogba in his pocket and made him look weak, last time iirc Pogba got revenge and made Dembele look a bit of a mug.

If Dembele starts let's hope he's been eating his weetabix.

Dembele vs Pogba is always interesting. First couple Dembele had Pogba in his pocket and made him look weak, last time iirc Pogba got revenge and made Dembele look a bit of a mug.

If Dembele starts let's hope he's been eating his weetabix.

I remember the days when Dembele owned Toure and his City mates everytime we played them.

He still does it at 40%. That is how good he is.

How do you replace a freak of nature?

Strange to think when we got him we wondered how on earth you replace another irreplaceable player in Modric.

Wonder who the next unique irreplaceable cm we bring in will be.

How do you replace a freak of nature?

Strange to think when we got him we wondered how on earth you replace another irreplaceable player in Modric.

Wonder who the next unique irreplaceable cm we bring in will be.

It's a shame we never saw them two playing together. If we had we would have won a few trophies.