Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley FC (The Clarets) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley FC (The Clarets)

Personally when he's fit I would start Sanchez, we need to make sure he's ready to takeover from Toby. Jan is key for me, we need to reward him for his service. Top player Jan.

I want to win something this year. Sanchez can wait until next season.

Did you see Toby celebrate the win last night? He roared his head off. I'd break the fucking bank and offer him silly money to stay. He's one of our best four players we have to try and fix this rift again.

At Toby's age he wants to win medals. No summer signings was not much encouragement to stay for him. Also a big boost in wages makes sense for his last 5 years or so to cement his financial future.

We may well be on the brink to win something and aligned to the new stadium experience...a defining second half of the season will determine if he goes or stays I think

so we win something then

What is the problem with paying him his transfer fee of £25 million as a new signing and upping his wages....cheaper than trying to replace him.

What is the problem with paying him his transfer fee of £25 million as a new signing and upping his wages....cheaper than trying to replace him.

That would set a bad precedent. Can't have every player saying "gimme 25M it's cheaper than replacing me". But there must be some middle ground.

My understanding is the club has offer to double his wages, in my view that is a fair offer. £150k a week is a huge commitment for a club of our financial means.

My understanding is the club has offer to double his wages, in my view that is a fair offer. £150k a week is a huge commitment for a club of our financial means.

If 150k is the basic, then we have offered bonuses on top, then he can't argue with it.

Not many CB's earn more than 200k a week basic.

I've been the ultimate armchair fan this year (because of Wembley) but for some reason I've agreed to go to this, hopefully a convincing win....

I've been the ultimate armchair fan this year (because of Wembley) but for some reason I've agreed to go to this, hopefully a convincing win....

I'm expecting a true cliche post big European Premier League display; lack of energy, tired legs and minds, poor focus and a scrappy win - they'll be coming at us at 150mph and kicking the crap out of us at every opportunity hoping to catch us sleeping/not focused enough.

Hope I'm wrong, but that's the game I'm expecting!

post big European Premier League display; lack of energy, tired legs and minds, poor focus and a scrappy win

Isn't that where Poch should be earning his corn?. Kick ass before and during the game.

TBF Ex, I fear the same. Arrogance and complacency have been our trade mark following a great performance, especially when following it up with a 'lower end' opponent. If, as everyone keeps saying, we're supposed to kick start our season about now, then let's fill the net and start our x-mas rally. COYS!

Isn't that where Poch should be earning his corn?. Kick ass before and during the game.

TBF Ex, I fear the same. Arrogance and complacency have been our trade mark following a great performance, especially when following it up with a 'lower end' opponent. If, as everyone keeps saying, we're supposed to kick start our season about now, then let's fill the net and start our x-mas rally. COYS!

Poch will try, and I hope I'm wrong - but it's not just us, the stats post big European games for the top 6 in PL are horrible...

I'm fearful of the next 8/9/10 games as Poch will have to rotate and without Victor and dembo in midfield, I fear we are one injury away from struggling in that area...as I said, Hopefully, I'm totally wrong and it's just pre-xmas jitters.

Is it complacency or is it mental and physical tiredness, I certainly don't think it's arrogance. We also need to appreciate that Burnley will have had a full week of rest and prep for this game, if we can battle through for the first 20 min I believe our class will tell.

Poch has already said we must not let the Barca result take our focus of this game. I think we will be ready.

I'm not sure whether quick terrier like players or beef is best against donkey type teams.

I'm expecting a true cliche post big European Premier League display; lack of energy, tired legs and minds, poor focus and a scrappy win - they'll be coming at us at 150mph and kicking the crap out of us at every opportunity hoping to catch us sleeping/not focused enough.

Hope I'm wrong, but that's the game I'm expecting!

I think we're in a good place at the moment and fancy us to win quite comfortably but ya never know.

My worry is a continuing one.......our consistent ability to see start slowly, appear a bit complacent and then hope/try to up our game either mid first half or when we come out for the 2nd. It's so frigging frustrating cos when we do start on the front foot and go for it.....most Teams can't live with us.
Go at them and kill them off early