Tottenham Hotspur have been hit by the perfect storm. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur have been hit by the perfect storm.

Culturally, Son is as bad as anyone in my opinion. A culture where you're a senior player but still act like an U21 on the pitch. A culture where you pull out of tackles and headers. Ultimately, a culture where you think that just coming alive for goals and assists is an excuse for the rest of your failings.

I won't argue on individual players, it's never ending, my intent was to show the extent of the clean-out necessary.

Spammers and Leicester to start with. Apart from inheriting expensive players, I don't think Utd have spent great deal more than us. Around us and just below - Everton, Villa, Leeds. If we carry on relying on one or two players next season, imo, the latter group will be above us.

Let me be specific:

We have 3 RB's - Aurier, Doherty and Japhet. We also have Marcel Lavinier who played in EL from the bench.

We have 3 LB's - Reggie, Davies, Sess and we know that Cirkin has been in and around the first team.

What should be left is Aarons (big purchase), Japhet, Lavinier and Reggie, Sess and Cirkin. That means that Aurier, Doherty and Davies should leave.

I'm proposing that looks weaker on paper, but stronger on grass. To 80's point, I think the 3 senior full-backs don't add to the culture i.e. have Spursy DNA.

My plan only works with the right manager who will nurture the younger group like Poch did when he joined.
This is something we really ought to embrace. Too many big signings have failed to deliver when it mattered most, there's no getting away from that. Youth should be given ample opportunity at the club if we aren't willing or able to compete with the big guns.

It may be the only way but in addition, the culture has to change and to do that means selling Kane, Dele, Dier, Aurier, Lloris (not my choice but necessary), Sissoko, Lamela, Bergwijn, Doherty, Hojberg and Sanchez.
Thats nearly our starting 11, 80 mate,Do you think we need to be that ruthless,🤔your probably right in fairness.

Levy can handle the Trust. If the Trust pulls anything like the United fans did/are then if I was Levy I would cut off contact with the trust permanently.

Naff them.

He's trying to save Spurs and trying to regain the progress he made over 20 years which has been severely damaged by a pandemic.

Without the pandemic, we would have seen a different story this season. Shouldn't we be making allowances for that no matter what our opinion of his club management is?

Yes the pandemic has hit us financially but Levy has to take the blame for denying poch the chance to rebuild the team and appointing a dinosaur of a manager who has set us back seasons. I understand the pressure Levy is under but it's the same or every chairman. He has to take a lot of the blame for both on and of field. We are now not a very attractive club for any top manager. No money no probably no Europe and in trouble with the whole of football and the fans . It's very dark times

This is something we really ought to embrace. Too many big signings have failed to deliver when it mattered most, there's no getting away from that. Youth should be given ample opportunity at the club if we aren't willing or able to compete with the big guns.

The problem is the big signings were still gambles. They weren't dead certs.

We massively over paid for Ndombele. Lo Celso hasn't particularly impressed but at least his price was a tad more realistic.

I do agree going forward we need to buy the best young talent we can. Promoting youth when we can.

Yes the pandemic has hit us financially but Levy has to take the blame for denying poch the chance to rebuild the team and appointing a dinosaur of a manager who has set us back seasons. I understand the pressure Levy is under but it's the same or every chairman. He has to take a lot of the blame for both on and of field. We are now not a very attractive club for any top manager. No money no probably no Europe and in trouble with the whole of football and the fans . It's very dark times

I'm pretty sure it was Poch that schooled Levy into not buying anyone in 2018.

Poch in the main was crap in the transfer market.

The problem is the big signings were still gambles. They weren't dead certs.

We massively over paid for Ndombele. Lo Celso hasn't particularly impressed but at least his price was a tad more realistic.

I do agree going forward we need to buy the best young talent we can. Promoting youth when we can.
I've just looked at the Transfer Market website for our record in the top end of the transfer market.

These are our top 15 signings:

Ndombele £54
Lo Celso £43.2m
Sanchez £37.8m
Sissoko £31.5m
Bergwijn £27m
Soldado £27m
Lamela £27m
Son £27m
Moura £25.56m
Sessegnon £24.3m
Aurier £22.5m
Bent £22.28m
Bentley £19.8m
Janssen £19.8m

Really, of all those only Son could be said to have justified his fee. It's a pretty shocking record.

When you think of Poch's best team, other than Son every player cost less than £20m.

I'm pretty sure it was Poch that schooled Levy into not buying anyone in 2018.

Poch in the main was crap in the transfer market.

No, Poch schooled Levy into not buying any more shirts from Debenhams. He encouraged Levy to buy from Jermyn Street. He also told him that he costs him every season by buying on transfer deadline day as it is too unsettling.

Unfortunately, he didn't factor in that Levy didn't know how to purchase from Jermyn Street. He forgot to tell him that you need to stop being a spreadsheet monkey and start being a sales guy and understand something about the shirts you're buying. It therefore took him 2-3 years to even learn to buy from Jermyn Street. Even then it was on transfer deadline day.

Of course, all we ever heard was how unlucky we were. How the money was there in the last week of every transfer window, but we couldn't get the deals over the line. Therefore, let's create a narrative to blame the manager. After all, he turned down those players from Debenhams.

The very same reason why slopey shoulders one now needs to get his sorry arse out of the football operations of our football club.

I've just looked at the Transfer Market website for our record in the top end of the transfer market.

These are our top 15 signings:

Ndombele £54
Lo Celso £43.2m
Sanchez £37.8m
Sissoko £31.5m
Bergwijn £27m
Soldado £27m
Lamela £27m
Son £27m
Moura £25.56m
Sessegnon £24.3m
Aurier £22.5m
Bent £22.28m
Bentley £19.8m
Janssen £19.8m

Really, of all those only Son could be said to have justified his fee. It's a pretty shocking record.

When you think of Poch's best team, other than Son every player cost less than £20m.

9 on that list were Poch signings.

In Poch's best 11 Hugo, Walker, Jan, Rose, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane were already here.

He was poor in the transfer market.

No, Poch schooled Levy into not buying any more shirts from Debenhams. He encouraged Levy to buy from Jermyn Street. He also told him that he costs him every season by buying on transfer deadline day as it is too unsettling.

Unfortunately, he didn't factor in that Levy didn't know how to purchase from Jermyn Street. He forgot to tell him that you need to stop being a spreadsheet monkey and start being a sales guy and understand something about the shirts you're buying. It therefore took him 2-3 years to even learn to buy from Jermyn Street. Even then it was on transfer deadline day.

Of course, all we ever heard was how unlucky we were. How the money was there in the last week of every transfer window, but we couldn't get the deals over the line. Therefore, let's create a narrative to blame the manager. After all, he turned down those players from Debenhams.

The very same reason why slopey shoulders one now needs to get his sorry arse out of the football operations of our football club.

You know my feelings towards Levy.

But Poch was shit in the transfer market. I wouldn't have trusted him in the transfer market even with 500m.

9 on that list were Poch signings.

In Poch's best 11 Hugo, Walker, Jan, Rose, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane were already here.

He was poor in the transfer market.
I wasn't suggesting Poch was good in the transfer market. My point was that our most expensive signings haven't justified their transfer fees and that our best team was comprised of players under £20m. It was a reflection of where we have been most successful in the transfer market.