Tottenham Hotspur FC vs. Newcastle United FC (The Magpies) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur FC vs. Newcastle United FC (The Magpies)

Our MO for playing against very inferior teams:

-We start sluggish as hell and play at their level
-We concede lame ass goal
-We can't hit water if we fell out of a boat as far as shooting goes
-Spurs fans around the world are having heart attacks and all saying "WTF!! in their own creative ways"
-Second half has always been a toss up. More often than not we come out swinging and pull out the win, but sometimes we don't...

I have been waiting for years to see the team that mercilessly brushes teams like this aside. We should be putting 4-5 by teams like Newcastle...and I argue Villa...but look how that went.

So, in other words....SPURSY

Kane
Sonny
Lo Celso or Lamela
Moura

Sissoko and Ndombele in midfield should smash them

Winks and Ndombele would be my preference... Feel Winks would improve massively in a 2 as opposed to the 3.

Where is the Toons threat going to come from. Have they got pace up front, are they going to hit us on the break when we commit too many forward. Have they got a set piece threat ? What are the dangers ?

A very average team played above their level for the duration of Benitez’s reign.
Without him at the helm, they won’t last very long and I see Bruce given the axe before Christmas. The PL is not his level anymore!

We should smash them, but as others have said, we could well have to come back from a poor ‘Spursy’ first half deficit to then put on a cricket score!

They do have a couple of players who carry a goal threat if we allow them to counter attack (assuming we attack at some stage) and Lascelles is a top class defender so on paper they have some ability....but I don’t think Bruce has the ability to make the most of what he has...have to wait and see where the project is up to on Sunday.

Dean will punish Poch for his accusations both on the pitch and down the tunnel last season against Burnley. We won't get a decision and Dean will uphold any simulations by Newcastle. He will yellow card our players when they don't deserve it, we may even get a red.

Dean will punish Poch for his accusations both on the pitch and down the tunnel last season against Burnley. We won't get a decision and Dean will uphold any simulations by Newcastle. He will yellow card our players when they don't deserve it, we may even get a red.

As much as I dislike the man, I can't honestly believe any pro ref would actively let their decisions be dictated by a previous seasons encounters, esp now VAR is involved!

That sounds an awful lot like paranoia kicking in!

Our MO for playing against very inferior teams:

-We start sluggish as hell and play at their level
-We concede lame ass goal
-We can't hit water if we fell out of a boat as far as shooting goes
-Spurs fans around the world are having heart attacks and all saying "WTF!! in their own creative ways"
-Second half has always been a toss up. More often than not we come out swinging and pull out the win, but sometimes we don't...

I have been waiting for years to see the team that mercilessly brushes teams like this aside. We should be putting 4-5 by teams like Newcastle...and I argue Villa...but look how that went.

Lame ass start is guaranteed!

Official Website

Heung-Min Son is back from suspension and available to face Newcastle United on Sunday, while Dele Alli has returned to training after a hamstring injury.

Attacker Son missed our final Premier League fixture of last season against Everton in addition to the first two matches of the current campaign after picking up a three-game ban following his red card in the defeat to Bournemouth in May.

There is also good news on midfielder Dele, who is back in training with the first team after sitting out of our first two games of the season with a hamstring injury.

However, midfielder Tanguy Ndombele has sustained a minor thigh injury during training and is unavailable this weekend.

He joins Juan Foyth and Ryan Sessegnon on the sidelines. Like Sonny, defender Juan has now served his three-match suspension following his sending-off against Bournemouth last term but is continuing rehabilitation from the ankle injury he sustained in pre-season.

New signing Ryan (hamstring) is also continuing rehabilitation.

Kick-off against Newcastle on Sunday is at 4.30pm.