Tottenham Hotspur FC vs. Newcastle United FC (The Magpies) | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur FC vs. Newcastle United FC (The Magpies)

D

Departed

According to NUFC's website, Andy Carroll is buzzing more now to don the shirt than he was at 17. Probably because he can afford stronger drugs.

Anyway, I am gonna be pissed if Lucas doesn't start.

A comfortable win and a clean sheet is the absolute minimum we should expect from this. I do not want to see a 3 man CM. I want to see Lucas, Son and Lamela on the pitch supporting Kane. I want to see Ndombele with one of Winks or Sissoko. I hope we see Lo Celso given at least 20-25minutes.

Our MO for playing against very inferior teams:

-We start sluggish as hell and play at their level
-We concede lame ass goal
-We can't hit water if we fell out of a boat as far as shooting goes
-Spurs fans around the world are having heart attacks and all saying "WTF!! in their own creative ways"
-Second half has always been a toss up. More often than not we come out swinging and pull out the win, but sometimes we don't...

I have been waiting for years to see the team that mercilessly brushes teams like this aside. We should be putting 4-5 by teams like Newcastle...and I argue Villa...but look how that went.

We don't need a midfield 3. Ndombele and another with a forward 3 behind Harry.
Hopefully Sonny is chomping at the bit. Moura deserves a start and either LoC or Lamela.
Go straight at them no pussy footing around.

The players are now clones of Poch's 'filosofi'... sideways backwards slow build up...they can't play any other way so it seems and have been programmed to turn back from the oppo goal...so we won't see teams brushed aside ...we only seem to up the ante by going one down..stats prove this as we are the most successful team at turning a deficit round.

Watched Chelski v Leicester and Wolves v Manure and enjoyed the free flowing attacking mentality of all 4 teams which we rarely see.....

I despair at our current style (majority of the time).......surely we want to win in style, not by attrition.

The players are now clones of Poch's 'filosofi'... sideways backwards slow build up...they can't play any other way so it seems and have been programmed to turn back from the oppo goal...so we won't see teams brushed aside ...we only seem to up the ante by going one down..stats prove this as we are the most successful team at turning a deficit round.

Watched Chelski v Leicester and Wolves v Manure and enjoyed the free flowing attacking mentality of all 4 teams which we rarely see.....

I despair at our current style (majority of the time).......surely we want to win in style, not by attrition.

City, Pool, Chav, Man U are known for free flowing football. All spend a lot of money on players and way more than us. Maybe Poch is doing the silk purse trick with what he has.

We don't need a midfield 3. Ndombele and another with a forward 3 behind Harry.
Hopefully Sonny is chomping at the bit. Moura deserves a start and either LoC or Lamela.
Go straight at them no pussy footing around.

When played right, the 3 man midfield is devastating offensively. With Son back, we have the tools to play a true 4-3-3, but unfortunately I don't see Poch making personnel changes to get most out of that formation.

He is stubborn, and I am not sure why he is trying to re-invent the wheel. Just look at City, Real, or even France in the last World Cup.

At City, Rodri plays a DM, replacing Fernandinho. He has 2 box to box midfielders on both sides who defend, can hold the ball, create chances and score.

Winks is not that DM, Sissoko has none of those CM qualities, yet we persist with the same when we have Dier/Wanyama as DM options and Ndombele, Eriksen, Lamela, Lo Celso as starting options for CM.

My lineup:

----------------Hugo---------
--KWP---Toby---Sanchez--Davies/Rose--
--Ndombele--Dier---Lamela----
---Son--------Kane---Moura

Keep CE for the second half, might as well use these matches to get used to life without him.

If you look at the last 2 heat maps against Villa and City, you'll see that Sissoko has all his touches in an orthodox RB/RM in a 4-4-2. (who scored.com). Way more concerning, he is having very few touches on the right of the spine through the centre of the pitch. That's the position he's been picked to play in a 4-3-3.

Then you think what sort of footballer Winks is. Plays in tight spaces, passes it short, moves into space to receive it back, always retains possession, works with the centre halves and full-backs, triangle balls etc. Needs ball players around him.

It's not difficult to see why it's a little broken, but what does Poch do to fix it. Drop Sissoko? Drop Winks? Drop both? Change formation?

Starting with Newcastle, I think Poch should start 4-3-3 and finish 4-2-3-1. Let's see Moura and Son either side of Kane. That gets Son's season off and running and I would also like to see the same with Davies, if fit. Giving these 2 playing time before the first NLD could be important. I would then upgrade Lo Celso from sub to starter and try to get 60-70 mins out of him in Sissoko's position.

Lloris
KWP, Toby, Sanchez, Davies
Lo Celso, Winks, NDombele
Son, Kane, Moura

Drop Sissoko for Lo Celso.

Get another ball player in the team for this game

Get Davies back in for Rose as well.

Drop Sissoko for Lo Celso.

Get another ball player in the team for this game

Get Davies back in for Rose as well.

I'm told Davies isn't fit yet and neither is Lo Celso...I hope he doesn't get tempted to start him too soon.

Besides, Sissoko will be like a battering ram with the freedom he'll get against them.

Last edited: