Tottenham Hotspur FC (fat club) | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur FC (fat club)

Littlest Hobo

Vital 1st Team Regular
Talking to a few on here it seems a few of us could do with or wish to lose a few pounds. I am all for sharing my weight as a way of motivating myself. Maybe get some feedback on what I’m doing right or wrong etc etc.

So here is what I wrote yesterday

Hey Walth, I am just starting my own weight loss. If you fancy posting up here on a weekly basis any gains/losses it might help keep a bit of focus. I have a hope/target of 3st. I started last week on 104kg and after nothing for days I am 103.3kg this morning. Happy to keep putting it up if it helps.

Today I was 102.9kg and managed another 25km on the bike tonight, with a fairly good day for eating. Onwards and upwards or should I say downwards.

So i started at 104kg
Then i dropped to 102.9
I then went back up to 104.4kgs WTF
Now i am back down to 103.4 today

Ive done 157kms on my static bike and 2 weights sessions (another one tonight) on top of my daily 5km dog walks in the last week. FFS i thought the weight would come off a bit easier. I am pissing with sweat after the 30 mins bike sessions (Daughter laughed at the steam coming from the top of my head).

I am hoping its just my body getting used to exercising again and i could do better with food i suppose.

So i started at 104kg
Then i dropped to 102.9

Ive done 157kms on my static bike and 2 weights sessions (another one tonight) on top of my daily 5km dog walks in the last week. FFS i thought the weight would come off a bit easier. I am pissing with sweat after the 30 mins bike sessions (Daughter laughed at the steam coming from the top of my head).

I am hoping its just my body getting used to exercising again and i could do better with food i suppose.

If you don't plan your calorie intake ie. what/when you're missing a huge part of any plan!

I like food Spursex. I always have. The thought of not eating much is worse than the pain of exercising.

I have started with a few adjustments (Vegan meals, pinch of nom home cooked etc). I have even stopped eating so many packets of crisps.

I know its a simple what calories go in has the biggest effect but with covid etc i just couldnt go on a diet at the moment.

What I need is one of 2 things. EITHER stop loading up my plate OR stop eating when I'm full.

I'm of that generation where I had to ask to leave the table as a child and I knew the best way to achieve that was to finish my food. Lost count of the times I was reminded that kids were starving in the world. That creates a long term relationship with food that is hard to break. It's made worse by cooking too much as you know you won't waste it.

Also, can't wait to get back into the HIIT classes at the gym, and also get the road bike back out in the spring. Since golf clubs shut, I've been walking between 10 and 20 miles every weekend. Enjoying the talk and walk thing, with whichever mate joins me, or just load up a podcast or music. I need something during the week though as I have a bad habit of just working.

Don't have any scales though as I've always weighed myself at the gym. I should probably get some. Quite fancy some low tech ones that you just stand on and a needle tells you your weight in stones. God forbid :-)

I like food Spursex. I always have. The thought of not eating much is worse than the pain of exercising.

I have started with a few adjustments (Vegan meals, pinch of nom home cooked etc). I have even stopped eating so many packets of crisps.

I know its a simple what calories go in has the biggest effect but with covid etc i just couldnt go on a diet at the moment.

Try drinking a litre of water before each meal. It's an effective simple trick to give you that feeling of bloating that will bit by bit allows you to eat smaller meals and thus your stomach will gradually shrink over time and you will literally re-educate your brain as to what to expect. If you're a snacker of rubbish, agree with yourself when you are allowed to do and try and stick to the snacks you've allowed yourself, but by bit, these too will reduce.

it's all about small incremental change over a long time that will get you to the desired weight and stay there. Good Luck!

So i started at 104kg
Then i dropped to 102.9

What you have to remember here, weight training can and does put on muscle, which is heavier than fat, when I used to train/advice women, the first thing I used to say was ditch the scales, go by your dress size, you will eventually be say as heavy but be a smaller dress size.
It doesn't quite work that way for men, because our muscle will get bigger thus heavier, but I think you might get my drift.

With the amount of bike riding/distance you undertake you still need to eat, clean foods for the energy required.

In your diet, you do need fat, but not processed, this gives you the energy to work out, keep you protein in take up, chicken, rice, eggs, baked beans. etc

Hope this helps mate, keep on riding/working out, the results will come,

By the way LH, in your weight training, if you do say do 3 sets per exercise of say 8-10 reps, when you hit eg 10, 10, 10, reps then increase the with by 2kg, which might mean the 1st time with the increase it could be 8, 8, 8, or even 6, 6, 6, no probs keep going up.to the 10 for each mark, muscle growth will happen no matter you age.

Good luck mate.

What I need is one of 2 things. EITHER stop loading up my plate OR stop eating when I'm full.

I'm of that generation where I had to ask to leave the table as a child and I knew the best way to achieve that was to finish my food. Lost count of the times I was reminded that kids were starving in the world. That creates a long term relationship with food that is hard to break. It's made worse by cooking too much as you know you won't waste it.

Also, can't wait to get back into the HIIT classes at the gym, and also get the road bike back out in the spring. Since golf clubs shut, I've been walking between 10 and 20 miles every weekend. Enjoying the talk and walk thing, with whichever mate joins me, or just load up a podcast or music. I need something during the week though as I have a bad habit of just working.

Don't have any scales though as I've always weighed myself at the gym. I should probably get some. Quite fancy some low tech ones that you just stand on and a needle tells you your weight in stones. God forbid :-)
I can relate to all of this

Try drinking a litre of water before each meal. It's an effective simple trick to give you that feeling of bloating that will bit by bit allows you to eat smaller meals and thus your stomach will gradually shrink over time and you will literally re-educate your brain as to what to expect. If you're a snacker of rubbish, agree with yourself when you are allowed to do and try and stick to the snacks you've allowed yourself, but by bit, these too will reduce.

it's all about small incremental change over a long time that will get you to the desired weight and stay there. Good Luck!
That’s such good advice. Amazed it hasn’t been mentioned before 😀

By the way LH, in your weight training, if you do say do 3 sets per exercise of say 8-10 reps, when you hit eg 10, 10, 10, reps then increase the with by 2kg, which might mean the 1st time with the increase it could be 8, 8, 8, or even 6, 6, 6, no probs keep going up.to the 10 for each mark, muscle growth will happen no matter you age.

Good luck mate.
Thanks for this. I’m working on 4 x sets of 10 on each exercise. If I drop to 3 I guess I then increase the weight but just getting back into it. Already moving up and managing the full 10’s but I think the current weights are going to take a bit longer before I can move up again.

Thanks for this. I’m working on 4 x sets of 10 on each exercise. If I drop to 3 I guess I then increase the weight but just getting back into it. Already moving up and managing the full 10’s but I think the current weights are going to take a bit longer before I can move up again.
What I said works with 4 sets of 10 also, the whole thing is work hard, and be patient, correct movement is essential, no cheating as in shorter movement, like if you are doing Bench Press, every rep must touch you chest.

Also remember recovery between sets is essential, plus never weight train daily, always have a days rest between workouts, muscle recovery, essential, so go for 3 days out of 6, every other day, good is Mon, Wed, Fri the wkend for rest.

Riding your bike everyday, cardio 24/7, simple, if you want, but as I said previously rest is essential and does so much good.

Good luck, with your training/workouts.