TOTS and POTS | Vital Football

TOTS and POTS

muttley

Alert Team
Enjoyed the little bit of football talk about Aurier / Sissoko. Thought I'd tease a little bit back in amongst the other great conversations.

So hypothetical question. Season finishes today and you have to pick your best eleven from all of the games we've seen so far in 19/20. Then nominate player of the season.

I think mine would be

Lloris
Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Tanganga
Sissoko, Winks, Gio
Moura, Kane, Son

Definitely not the eleven I would pick if football started back up again this month but looking backwards, these are the guys that have either given their all OR contributed in the right columns.

As for player of the season. For me that's Lo Celso.

Enjoyed the little bit of football talk about Aurier / Sissoko. Thought I'd tease a little bit back in amongst the other great conversations.

So hypothetical question. Season finishes today and you have to pick your best eleven from all of the games we've seen so far in 19/20. Then nominate player of the season.

I think mine would be

Lloris
Sissoko, Winks, Gio
Moura, Kane, Son

Definitely not the eleven I would pick if football started back up again this month but looking backwards, these are the guys that have either given their all OR contributed in the right columns.

Which highlights our problems this season. Only Gio makes it from the new signings and 6 of those are IMO not of the level we need, ie Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Tanganga, Winks and Moura . It hurts to include Tanga but he is young and will get better hopefully.

I think mine would be

Lloris
Sissoko, Winks, Gio
Moura, Kane, Son

Pretty much agree with all of that. Shame Tanganga has probably been best CB, LB and RB this season lol. Would love to pick someone over Moura as I think he's had a really poor season on the whole, but Lamela hasn't been fit enough to make any real impact and Sess has been pretty poor.

Be very interesting to see what state Ndombele is in when football restarts.

Hugo, Tang, Toby, Sanchez, Sess, Winks, Lo Celso, Dele, Lucas, Son, Kane.

Son player of the year. Even though he has drove me mad this season.

Lloris
Tanganga, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies
Sissoko, Winks, Lo Celso
Alli
Kane, Son

Player of the season Son.
Biggest disappointment - Sanchez, just hasn't kicked on as well we need him to.
Would only retain Tanganga, Alderweireld, Sissoko, Lo Celso, Alli, Kane and Son if it was practical to replace the other four in the transfer market, although Ndombele should be an obvious replacement for Winks if he develops into the player we hoped we were buying.

I see little or no justification for Alli's inclusion; he has been dreadful for three straight seasons. Putting ourselves in a position where continued failure gains reward is a travesty, and defines us as also-rans rather than winners. I don't rate either, but I'd rather see Lamela given the nod.

I see little or no justification for Alli's inclusion; he has been dreadful for three straight seasons. Putting ourselves in a position where continued failure gains reward is a travesty, and defines us as also-rans rather than winners. I don't rate either, but I'd rather see Lamela given the nod.

Blimey. Nearly fell off my chair.

Has absence made the heart grow fonder for you with Erik?! Lol.

Blimey. Nearly fell off my chair.

Has absence made the heart grow fonder for you with Erik?! Lol.

You don't appear to have read the part where I said I don't rate either of them. When I think of the class players, we have had in the attacking third and compare these two, and their combined ten years of rubbish it saddens me.

We will not win titles and trophies with players like Alli and Lamela.
When they play, they do it more for the show.
You can't progress and win trophies with such players.

Next to Enic's lack of ambition for glory on the field, our scouting department is the reason we can't compete for trophies.
They should learn that players with a winner's mentality and a strong personality, next to other important physical and technical characteristics, are those who win trophies for their clubs.
Just count how many such players we have and how many of them Liverpool have!!

I did read that. But the idea of you picking your personal forum punching bag even over a bag of leaves for team of the season surprised me.

A forum is for differing points of view, and using knowledge one has acquired to make an opinion. I chose not to go with the flow with Lamela and his seven years of trash continues to prove me right. It puts Alli's decline into perspective that I would now choose Lamela over him.