Torquay | Vital Football

Torquay

For Torquay United 2018 read Hartlepool United 2019, if we’re not careful.

This week has laid bare all our frailties. Tuesday could easily have seen us three down before we scored, performing an absolute smash and grab.

Yesterday Torquay had us camped in our own half for most if not all of the second period. We on the terraces could, not for the first time this season, see what was coming. Unfortunately the current crop of players and current management don’t have the wherewithal to do anything other than sit back and take it until we succumb and concede.

The only surprise from yesterday was we only conceded one, I felt sure Torquay would go on and take all the points.

The reality of the situation is the three teams we have played recently who were at the time occupying relegation spots, Guisely, Solihull Moors and Torquay, we have achieved one point from the nine available.

Massive changes are needed in playing staff, coaching methods and manager to prevent us becoming the York City or Torquay United of 2019.

:red:

Can't argue with your analysis of the recent home games Billy, the thing which has struck me throughout the season has been the fitness and determination of all visiting teams compared to the plodding efforts of our players.
I do think that some improvement was made under Bates, in that the players kept trying (despite their shortcomings) for the full 90 minutes and didn't rollover as they had been under Harrison. Nevertheless, whoever the manager for next season might prove to be they will need to recruit a new first 11 - IMO none of the current players, with the exception of Loach, are good enough and certainly not robust enough!