Top tens? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Top tens?

Top Ten moments from last season (excluding Wembley)

1/ Rotherham away
2/Small Heath away
3/Sheffield Weds away
4/ Sandwell home (Play offs)
5/Sandwell away (play offs) just for the penalties . Actually change that to the Jed Steer stare. - Has Holgate found his bottle yet I wonder ?
6/Small Heath home
7/ Bristol City home
8/Derby home
9/Middlesborough away
10/Sheff Utd home

Last edited:
Top Ten moments from last season (excluding Wembley)

1/ Rotherham away
2/Small Heath away
3/Sheffield Weds away
4/ Sandwell home (Play offs)
5/Sandwell away (play offs) just for the penalties
6/Small Heath home
7/ Bristol City home
8/Derby home
9/Middlesborough away
10/Sheff Utd home

Sheff U home should be MUCH higher in that list. And I would include Swansea at home in DS first game. Wasn't a classic but just for the reception - bought a tear to my eye, I must admit.

Sheff U home should be MUCH higher in that list. And I would include Swansea at home in DS first game. Wasn't a classic but just for the reception - bought a tear to my eye, I must admit.

Thought about Sheff Utd at home but for 80 mins we were awful. Swansea didn't cross my mind to be honest , but I get your point.

1.Spink
2.Rimmer
3.Bosnich
4.Friedel
5.Sims (My dad said he was good)
6.Cumbes
7.James
8.Sorensen
9.Steer
10.Burridge
I used to love Jake Findlay as a kid! I think that was more to do with him being our keeper rather than his prowess as a goal keeper

My top 10 away Grounds.

1, Arsenal - Highbury, 1981.....No need to say anymore.

2, Sheffield Wednesday - Hillisbourgh 1991 - Massive away following - Big Ron's first game and 2-0 down to come back and win 3-2.

3, Southampton - The Dell. Living in Bournemouth for 34 years this was always my home game when the Villa turned up.

4, Bournemouth - Dean Court (As I remember it called) Oh how I loved it when the Villa was in town and I could take my local Villa converted mates with me!

5, Blackpool - Bloomfield Road, I used to love this away day which we normally turned into a long weekend and some of the laughs we had are a pleasure to think back on.

6, Fulham - Craven Cottage - Always a nice day out and fond memories of taking my 11-year-old son to his first and only villa away match before we moved to Spain 12 years ago.

7, Chesterfield - The Recreation Ground - Villa's very first away game in the old 3rd division and a test of fans reaction to being relegated?.....No need to worry as the old football special trains pulled in and thousands of Villa fans took over the town and set the scene for the whole season in what turned out to be fabulous and fun time to follow the Villa away with our massive support.

8, Derby County - Baseball Ground - Again we always took a large following and I always liked the intense atmosphere generated in the tight ground.

9, Bristol City - Ashton Gate - I always went to this game whenever we played them and I have generally good memories, however, I also remember several big ding-dongs with the locals as they have always seemed to have a big dislike for Villa fans.

10, Nottingham Forest - City Ground - I enjoyed going here but again another set of locals with a big dislike for Villa fans - They always thought it was funny to find the odd Villa fan separated from the main groups and throw them into the River Trent. Consequently, when they came to Villa Park in those old days of agro they always ended up being chased as severe retribution was dealt back to them. I'm glad times have now moved on and that sort of thing is more or less a thing of the past.

Last edited:
Top Ten Bad Sales:
1. Cahill
2. Mortimer
3. Albrighton
4. Milner
5. Gibson
6. Swain
7. Barry
8. Bosnich
9. Yorke
10. Southgate/Ehiogu/Boateng

1.tiswas
2.morcambe and wise.
3.starsky and hutch.
4.the professionals.
5.it ain't alf hot mum.
6.wkrp in cincinatti.
7.star soccer.
8.parkinson.
9.top of the pops.
10.its a knockout.

1.tiswas
2.morcambe and wise.
3.starsky and hutch.
4.the professionals.
5.it ain't alf hot mum.
6.wkrp in cincinatti.
7.star soccer.
8.parkinson.
9.top of the pops.
10.its a knockout.
The Two Ronnies doesn't make it in?

Why the dislike of James? I got the impression he was happy at the club but was forced out because Ellis bought Schmeichel to replace him after a "meeting" on his yacht in the summer....

Anyone that leaves us for Wet spam is a knob.

Seriously though. I remember feeling like he went of his own accord and being peed off. Don’t know about then Ellis thing though.

He was crap anyway and cost us the Fa cup in 2000.